OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Windows (Desktop application)

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Daily briefing emails from Cortana add option for task to be completed on a day in the future

The daily briefing emails currently have options for Done or Not a task, it would be great if there was also an option to schedule a task. The idea being that I said I would do this task in 2 weeks time so let me book that and remind me about it on that day rather than 2 days after I said I would do it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Tasks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Expand search window on click on the search box

Expand search window on click on the search box

Currently Search box is not much of user friendly and its very small window, if the search window is automatically expanded once user clicks on the search box that would be more user friendly and more productivity

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Blue Color for person if he is directly reporting manager added in mail whether in cc/to.

Blue Color for person if he is directly reporting manager and added in mail whether in cc/to.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. emoji response to email

Enable emoji response to email, just like we can in Teams - many emails could be simply and quickly responded to with the 6 emojis available for Teams responses. It would be great if we could just give a thumbs up or a smiley face as a quick response to the sender.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Microsoft Outlook - allow Reading Pane settings to apply to ALL mailboxes. Currently this has to be set mailbox by mailbox.

Microsoft Outlook - allow View->Reading Pane settings to apply to ALL mailboxes. Currently this has to be set mailbox by mailbox. Time consuming.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Meeting cancellation prompt for cancelling overdue meetings/events in the Outlook desktop application

When the meeting organizer decides to cancel an overdue meeting from his calendar using the Outlook desktop application, the option to notify the attendees does not show/pop up and just automatically removes the event from the organizer's calendar.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Automatic calendar invite "I will not attend" reply

Recently because of the increase meetings, I notice many overlapping requests and requests for meetings not respecting lunch or hours very much outside working hours.Outlook should to automatically send a message that I will not attend.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Create a calendar function so that I can send one email calendar invite with multiple meeting options, and the recipient can select only one

Create a calendar function so that I can send one email calendar invite with multiple meeting options, and the recipient can select one, a few, or all of the times. I frequently send out an email and say we will hold 4 sessions, please select one. Then send 4 meetings. It would be nice to only send 1 meeting.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. When setting up a reoccurring meeting, have the option to "omit" or skip specific dates. This is applicable for school calendars.

Have the ability to list a series of dates or skip/omit specific dates that may fall on a holiday or day off. Calendar dates are irregular, so having the option to schedule a meeting on the first and third Thursday (for example) would be helpful, but also be able to omit or skip a date if it is not a work day.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. CalDAV/CardDAV integration

For Calendar and Contacts.

Why does Outlook not have an integration for CalDAV/CardDAV innately?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Provide option to have meeting reminder alert on a mobile device via text (phone number)

Provide option to have meeting reminder alert on a mobile device via text (phone number)

With the Covid-19 crisis and working from home/away from the office it would be useful to have an option to send meeting reminders as an Alert on your device or provide a fwd email so it will link with your phone and remind of a meeting. Working at home I am multi-tasking even more so than at the office and when I step away from my laptop sometimes I miss reminders or get taken away from an upcoming meeting.

I also don't have a work…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Email summariser

Working in corporate, sometimes emails are voluminous. I thought that an optional function at the end of the email could be 'summarise email' Yes/No and outlook can create the main points of the long email (could even be a graphic/animated function as opposed to merely text)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Please add delay delivery timer in the Outbox window

Please add delay delivery timer in the Outbox window.
    When I have emails that will delivery in the future, they are shown in the Outbox window. But the thing is I can't see the timer, I will have to click on it to open up the email to confirm the timer.
    Suggest screenshot here: https://prnt.sc/tgljem
    Please add the timer column so we can confirm it easier.
    Thank you so much

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. When right clicking on the invite in calendar there should be an option to copy all recipients e-mail addresses to clipboard

When right clicking on the invite in calendar there should be an option to copy all recipients e-mail addresses to clipboard

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Add 'insights' option to the to-do bar.

I would love to see the 'insights' feature made available/permanent via the to-do bar (ibn the View section)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Color day if there is an apoinment.

Now its getting bold if there is an appointment for hours.

If there is an day appoinment its not getting bold. But You have a good look to see if its bold

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Color Code Events in Calendar

Like in Google Calendar, you can color-code all of your events. Why not do it for Outlook as well? This would be a nice feature to have.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Double Click to Open Embedded Images in Photo Editor/Viewer App

You used to be able to double click an embedded image to open it in the photo editor/viewer app of your choosing. Currently, the only way to do this is to save the image to your computer and then open it. Not only is this an extra step to open the image, but we then need to go back and locate the file to delete it from the computer when finished.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Make it possible to select multiple email headers and right click and select "Mark to Download"

When the setting is to download only headers, currently we need to select each header, right click and select "Mark to Download". Change this to allow select multiple headers with Ctrl+Click and then right click on the selection to mark to download.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Outlook for Windows (Desktop application)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base