OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Windows (Desktop application)

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Remove the default setting "No end date" on new recurring meetings

By default when you create a new recurring meeting in Outlook the default recurrence pattern is "No end date" which is not recommended. Microsoft recommends setting end dates in their best practices link; https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Best-practices-when-using-the-Outlook-Calendar-d93f72d3-2361-4e0d-8d6a-5c4939c17f39?CorrelationId=e84b1b4d-dc2e-4bc7-8b5d-8b386f50d050&ui=en-US&rs=en-US&ad=US

40 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

12 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Custom spacing of QAT icons

The horizontal spacing of the Quick Access Toolbar (QAT) icons dramatically increased with the download of Office Outlook 2016. I can no longer see many of the important QAT icons and using the program is significantly less efficient now. Please restore the ability to display QAT icons in a narrow format. I will not download Office 2016 on my desktop until this issue is resolved because it is so significant. I am considering rolling back my laptop to Office 2013 until the issue is resolved.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Make GIF's available for Outlook 2007 to 2016!

I can't see pictures, GIF's on my Outlook from 2007 to 2016. It'd be great for everyone to experience this awesome feature. Even Microsoft has use them and it's sad that I need to send it to other email clients to see it.

439 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

57 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. outlook configuration sync across machines

Using Office 365 and desktop Outlook, sync the configuration of Outlook for any machine I run it on. Carry through Office 365 my Outlook settings for appearance (message header display, etc.) and client-side rules and folder expire policies. Also add calendar color sync function across devices and for all the protocols. Also t would be great to have a feature where Calendars could synchronized without having to send event invites to different Outlook accounts.

458 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

48 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Sort and count attendees by response in Outlook 2016

I just discovered that the table in meeting response tracker doesn't behave like a regular Windows table:
    - columns cannot be re-sized through either dragging the dividers or double-clicking them for auto-adjustment;
    - columns cannot be sorted by clicking their headers (e.g., show invited persons alphabetically or group response status).

This issue is present in Outlook 2010, 2013, and 2016. Please change it.

Also, can’t move/resize the column headers or sort by column. Also cannot see an accurate count of accept, tentative, decline as a delegate. If someone creates the meeting on behalf of an executive/manager, they can’t see the…

739 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

102 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. OneNote like shortcut keys when composing email

I love OneNote and Outlook, however, a lot of the shortcut keys are not available when composing emails for formatting. Would be nice to leverage shortcut keys that do not overlap with existing keys, such as CTRL + . (period) for a bullet list.

Just a thought.

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Universal Unsubscribe Button!

Please add a button that allows the user to unsubscribe from a mailing list with just one click! Instead of having to click unsubscribe/fill out the form to confirm email/uncheck mailing addresses/reply with "stop" etc, one button automatically kills that email from appearing in your inbox again. Worst case this turns into a better version of the "junk" feature and re-reroutes to an "Unsubscribed" folder/filter if it can't automatically unsubscribe for you.

54 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Rule to send or copy an outlook note to OneNote

Ability to create a rule to send or copy an outlook note to OneNote based on certain criteria.

79 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

25 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Ability to send from outlook using alias accounts

Please add the ability to send from an email alias from within the software (instead of having to use the online version to do so).

The user interface and features of the desktop version of Outlook are much better than the online version and I would like to be able to do all my communicating from there. However, without the ability to send from my other alias emails, I cannot do so. Thank you.

296 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

49 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Feedback Site for Outlook 2016 from the Office Suite -- Not the default Mail app of Windows 10

Thanks for your suggestions to this site--we appreciate the feedback!!

To clarify a little bit, this UserVoice site is dedicated to feedback about the Microsoft Outlook 2016 application that comes in the Office Suite (along with the Office 365 apps like Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. https://products.office.com/en-us/outlook/email-and-calendar-software-microsoft-outlook) Office's Outlook 2016 is the one that comes with mail, calendar, people, and tasks.
    We would love to hear your suggestions about what the next versions of Outlook 2016 could do!

However, this UserVoice site is not for submitting feedback about the Windows 10 Mail app. That application has the ability to receive…

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Persian Calendar for Outlook

Windows 10 and excel 2016 has got Persian calendar and we are excited. Office 2016 hasn't got and we need it very much in mail and calendar and task sections.

185 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Make it simple to share contacts and address book with others

Make it easy to share contacts, contact lists and address book with other people. For example, I would like to share my address book or global address list with other people or sharing Contact Lists created on my own with either family or coworkers in a small business.

143 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

25 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Email count by group heading

I would like to see how many emails are in the groupings I select. For example, number of emails by Date grouping (today, yesterday...); or number of emails by sender in From grouping; or number of emails by Subject grouping.

65 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. List of attachements in Mailheader and Add a search option then you click FILE from the Outlook menu bar

Hello, how in some versions on outlook before 2016 presented, I need the possibility to show many attachments in form of list in the mail (with whole filename and maybe with size of file in one line). In version 2016 I have only the view of many attachments with huge symbols beside filename. In case of long filenames they are cut and it's not possible to see them all in one view.
    If possible please provide an option to sort or re arrange the files attached to an email so we can sort or set them as required.
    I only…

268 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

43 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Improve Word HTML rendering in email

It's absolutely crazy that in Outlook 2016 we still can't use fundamental parts of the original CSS spec in HTML-based email templates. I'm specifically referring to float, padding, and background-image. It would also be nice to not have to build HTML emails using tables so that they can be responsive.

It's fine by me if Outlook continues to use Word to create/author HTML-based emails, because that's what Outlook users are used to using. However, the display of incoming HTML-based emails should be rendered by a real HTML engine, not Word, especially if those incoming emails weren't originally created in Outlook/Word,…

208 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

48 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Provide ability to change the name of a file or an attachment within the email.

I'd like to be able to change the name of a file within the email. For example, I often forward invoices straight to my cloud accounting package.

150 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Outlook format

Making the email background grey instead of bright white, and putting back the lines underling each email for easier reading.

110 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Note Field and doing incell editing. Multi select fields etc. and changing them all at once without opening.

To open a task, contact etc etc. just to type a simple word or even a small sentence in the note section is too much. It would make it really easier and a less step to do if you can allow us to type into the field directly. Especially if you are typing the same note and having to open them all for 10 tasks is crazy!

Please consider selecting multiple tasks, contacts etc. and being able to change a text all at once. For example, if I have 10 tasks and have in the sentence a word that I…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Please add “new Journal Entry” to options for adding to “quick tool bar”.

You should be able to track your daily task, accomplishments and meetings...to see your set goal and elaboration self fulfillment even emoji expression to represent inanimate object or feelings or pictures of the day or places frequented. Lots of self data.

Also, being able to pull up a history of contacts, their emails, docs relevant to that contact and notes in a timeline summary area like Journal is efficient to use and helpful for researching past contact activity. This is especially true for the self employed. Please bring back these features!

Also, please add “new Journal Entry” to options for…

79 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

38 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Use the native service authentication (like the Mobile version)

Most of my mail accounts (Outlook.com and GMail) have two factor authentication set up. It's really annoying to add them to Outlook 2016. I have to generate a app password on each of the accounts, and use them to log in.

Your mobile apps (iOS and Android) use the "native" service authentication (redirect me to the site, I log in, authorize the app and I'm good to go). I find it a much better way to log in, since I don't need to go to another site and generate a password. All I need is my phone.

75 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Started  ·  15 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Outlook for Windows (Desktop application)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base