OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Windows (Desktop application)

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Provide a feature to allow teachers and students to import timetables into calendar for Microsoft Outlook 2016

Provide a feature to allow teachers and students to import timetables into calendar for Microsoft Outlook 2016 for enhanced productivity.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Provide a feature to enable or disable default reminders for individual calendars in Microsoft Outlook 2016

Provide a feature to enable or disable default reminders for individual calendars in Microsoft Outlook 2016 rather than getting triggered by all Calendars.

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Provide a feature to set date range for archiving emails in Microsoft Outlook 2016.

Provide a feature to set date range for archiving emails in Microsoft Outlook 2016. It would be beneficial in dealing with large amount of emails in Auto Archive scenarios to pull off the server.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Provide a feature to join Skype for Business meetings from To Do bar in Microsoft Outlook 2016 with less clicks.

Provide a feature to join Skype for Business meetings from To Do bar in Microsoft Outlook 2016 with less clicks including less clicks for favorite tasks.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Provide an option to include all recurring dates in Search results in Microsoft Outlook 2016

Provide an option to include all recurring dates in Search results in Microsoft Outlook 2016 rather than just the start date of the series.

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. List current week first in Month View in Microsoft Outlook 2016 rather than listing previous weeks.

List current week first in Month View in Microsoft Outlook 2016 rather than listing previous weeks.

106 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

27 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Provide a feature to add description of which Calendar an appointment reminder is set for in Microsoft Outlook 2016.

Provide a feature to add description of which Calendar an appointment reminder is set for in Microsoft Outlook 2016 to distinguish between different calendars.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Do not save sent items in delegate's mailbox when send as shared mailbox

Currently all emails (including send as emails) sent from user mailbox will be saved to ‘Sent Items’ folder. But there is no option to exclude ‘send as emails’ from Sent Items folder. We do not want to save sent items in delegate's mailbox when sending as shared mailbox.

Note: It is possible to set the registry key in this KB article or use PowerShell to configure which mailbox you want the Sent Items to be, https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2843677/messages-sent-from-a-shared-mailbox-aren-t-saved-to-the-sent-items-folder-of-the-shared-mailbox-in-outlook.

We are keeping this idea published in case there is additional feedback. If you would like the feature to work differently please leave…

54 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Provide a feature to automatically empty items in deleted items folder after specified amount of time in Microsoft Outlook 2016

Provide a feature to automatically delete items in deleted items folder after specified amount of time in Microsoft Outlook 2016 irrespective of the account whether it is a POP, IMAP or Exchange account.

35 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Add CC and BCC Fileds when Forwarding email

When setting up Auto Forward emails in Outlook Desktop, there is no option to add people in CC or BCC. In office you need to add people in TO field who will perform the work or they are the intended recipient of the email. While you need to keep in loop your line managers who will be in CC. This option is just to clarify that who is the intended recipient of the email and who is in loop just for information. I have also discussed it in the following thread...
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/msofficeoutlook-msowinother/auto-forward-an-email-to-a-person-with-several/

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Provide a feature of "Forward as Attachment" for email message in Microsoft Outlook 2016 for enhanced productivity and functionality.

Provide a feature of "Forward as Attachment" for email message in Microsoft Outlook 2016 for enhanced productivity and functionality.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Provide a feature to assign delegate permissions to multiple folders in Microsoft Outlook 2016 rather than single folder at a time.

Provide a feature to assign delegate permissions to multiple folders in Microsoft Outlook 2016 rather than single folder at a time.

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Provide an easy to find location for Recall email message in Microsoft Outlook 2016

Provide an easy to find location for Recall email message in Microsoft Outlook 2016 as time counts when using that feature.

30 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Provide an UNDO feature for folders erased accidentally in Microsoft Outlook 2016 similar to other applications

Provide an UNDO feature for folders erased accidentally in Microsoft Outlook 2016 similar to other applications. Also making it applicable for all the components in Microsoft Outlook 2016 would be beneficial in case emails, contacts etc. are deleted or erased accidentally.

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Auto decline invites over specific existing meetings with a custom message response

Provide a feature to customize meeting response options for Calendar events in Microsoft Outlook 2016 with options like I will call or I will join in person etc versus Accept.

Also, I don’t want anyone to overbook certain existing meetings on my calendar. I want to auto decline any meeting request with custom message for each one of these. For example: I would want to say “no way I’ll move this existing meeting, please find another time” for some and “I’d rather not move my existing meeting, call me let’s discuss” for others

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Provide a feature to create a meeting from a Contact Card in Microsoft Outlook 2016

Provide a feature to create a meeting from a Contact Card in Microsoft Outlook 2016 for added functionality.

76 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

35 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Provide a feature to disable the reminders for cancelled event in Microsoft Outlook 2016

Provide a feature to disable the reminders for cancelled event in Microsoft Outlook 2016 as they still keep on popping up.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Provide a feature to make Microsoft Outlook 2016 to use PNG format to compress pictures in email body.

Provide a feature to make Microsoft Outlook 2016 to use .PNG format to compress pictures in email body. .JPG is awful for text screenshots.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. "Move -> Other Folder" should default to correct email account

When you right click on an email there is a menu item called “Move” which allows you to move the email to another folder. In that menu there is a button called “Other Folder” which opens a window that allows you to choose any folder.

This window appears to open to the last folder you last selected, regardless of what email account you are in. This is annoying if you have multiple accounts setup in Outlook. For example, if I’m moving an email in my Work account but the last one I moved was in my Personal account then it…

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Dismiss meeting reminder when joining Skype for Business meeting

When Outlook pops up a reminder window for a SfB meeting and I click "Join Online", Outlook should be smart enough to that I have acknowledged the reminder and therefore wish it to be dismissed. Why do I need to go back to the reminder window and hit "Dismiss" after I have joined the meeting?

56 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Outlook for Windows (Desktop application)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base