OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Windows (Desktop application)

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. show suggested meeting times; it has disappeared and "room finder" does not include it.

show suggested meeting times; it has disappeared and "room finder" does not include it. maybe a bug with current version.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Appointment History and downloadable attendance register

Each appointment could maintain a history of declines, postponements and changes, which could be downloadable as a csv file for reference as an attendance register / meeting history.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Color change between months in calendar

Previously the calendar color would change slightly between each month making it easy to spot the the first day of the proceeding month or vice versa. Please bring this back.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Accept hyperlinks and phone numbers for calendar meeting locations

I have so many Zoom/Webex/Teams meetings now, it would be very handy if i could just copy a webpage address or phone number into a location for an online meeting. that would allow me to just click location and connect to the website.

simple fix with big impacts in a COVID world

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Can we have a button that automatically finds the next free time slot for all selected invitees?

A button to automatically find the next time slot that is available and free for all meeting invitees.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Add calendar status to indicate immovable vs. moveable meetings/appointments

For many people there are two types of meetings/appointments that both show as busy today:

1. Items that can easily be moved as-needed (e.g. some 1:1s. meetings with a small number of attendees within the same team, time blocked for a specific activity that can be done at another time, etc...) A tentative status typically doesn't for these items since the time really is for a committed appointment/meeting, it's just that it's moveable if needed.

2. Meetings that are not easily moved (e.g. a meeting with a skip-level manager or key customer, a meeting with a lot of people that are difficult…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Having a sub meeting request option

I have a department meeting where multiple people from different team join. So its better to send meeting request to the people who need to attend the complete meeting and sub meeting mail to specific teams who need to attend in respective time slots. This will be helpful in sending single meeting request rather than multiple mails.
    EX: I have meeting of 1hour in which PersonA, PersonB needed for complete session. TeamA needed only for 0-15th minute, TeamB needed only for 15-30th minute, TeamC needed only for 30-45th minute, TeamD needed only for 45-60th minute. Option to send Meeting request…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Allow accepting partial time frames of a meeting

Users should be able to accept only partial time frames of a meeting. If a user has a 30min meeting they have to be at and someone sends an invite for a 1hr meeting at the same time they should be able to accept the 30min they can make. This would let the organizer know they can only attend part and structure the meeting agenda accordingly.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Outlook New Meeting Location - Easy autocomplete previous Geolocation used

Previous Office updates allow users to be able to select the new meeting location's history, sort of like an autocomplete feature where in users can use the up-and-down keys on their keyboard to select the previously used location for their past meeting when creating a new event in Outlook calendar. Since organization don't user Resource mailbox (Rooms), we relay on the Geolocation search. Now that users are in Office 365 Apps for Business version 2006 - with Windows 10 version 2004 build, this feature is no longer available.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Include email attachments onto meeting invitations when using the "Reply with a Meeting" function.

It's inefficient to have to keep dragging attachments into meetings created in response to an email.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Display warning prior to moving an appointment on calendar

Display a warning message prior to moving an appointment. This would help prevent appointments from being moved by accident.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Calendar Meeting Info Lock or Permissons, and Read Only, no copy or paste of info.

Calendar Meeting Info Lock or Permissions Security. Read Only, no copy or paste of info. Have users that don't Accept meeting, they copy the info and some how create a new meeting invite of their own, that messes up the chain of invites.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Working from home option - Calendar

It would be great to be able to show working from home in Calendar. However it needs to be also shown as 'free' so meetings can be booked normally. This will allow visibility to all persons who can see your calendar. They will know whether to book a Teams or face to face meeting for example

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Create a pre-meeting for sender to provide data for meeting

When calendaring a meeting, sometimes you need a reminder 1 or 2 days before to provide certain data for a meeting. If a quarterly meeting is set, I would like a pre-meeting for prepare for meeting. (sender only)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Meeting cancellation prompt for cancelling overdue meetings/events in the Outlook desktop application

When the meeting organizer decides to cancel an overdue meeting from his calendar using the Outlook desktop application, the option to notify the attendees does not show/pop up and just automatically removes the event from the organizer's calendar.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Create a calendar function so that I can send one email calendar invite with multiple meeting options, and the recipient can select only one

Create a calendar function so that I can send one email calendar invite with multiple meeting options, and the recipient can select one, a few, or all of the times. I frequently send out an email and say we will hold 4 sessions, please select one. Then send 4 meetings. It would be nice to only send 1 meeting.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Provide option to have meeting reminder alert on a mobile device via text (phone number)

Provide option to have meeting reminder alert on a mobile device via text (phone number)

With the Covid-19 crisis and working from home/away from the office it would be useful to have an option to send meeting reminders as an Alert on your device or provide a fwd email so it will link with your phone and remind of a meeting. Working at home I am multi-tasking even more so than at the office and when I step away from my laptop sometimes I miss reminders or get taken away from an upcoming meeting.

I also don't have a work…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. When right clicking on the invite in calendar there should be an option to copy all recipients e-mail addresses to clipboard

When right clicking on the invite in calendar there should be an option to copy all recipients e-mail addresses to clipboard

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Color day if there is an apoinment.

Now its getting bold if there is an appointment for hours.

If there is an day appoinment its not getting bold. But You have a good look to see if its bold

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 58 59
  • Don't see your idea?

Outlook for Windows (Desktop application)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base