OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook 2016 for Windows

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Right Click on link to open in private

Sometimes for various reasons I would like to open a hyperlink in a private browser window. I would like to suggest that outlook add a feature that would allow to "Open Hyperlink in Private". Right now we have Select, Open, Copy so I have to copy/paste.TY

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Move menu: add folder with the entire conversation

I usually want to move the email I've just read to the folder where other emails from the same ocnversation already reside. It would be nice if this folder is added to the Move list at the top, before all recent folders.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Copy and Paste within a restricted message

I get why I can't copy text from a restricted, DRM, message to the clipboard. But I would really like to copy some text, in a respose to that message. Please create a message level clipboard that can be used for replies to restricted messages.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Open Teams meeting in Teams directly

When clicking on a "Join online" to a teams meeting from a Calendar notice or email, if the Teams application is installed the Join should open the Teams application directly instead of opening a browser window that redirects to open a Teams window.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. MailsDaddy MBOX to PST Converter software

MBOX and PST both are different format therefore a error-free solution required to transfer MBOX to PST format. MailsDaddy MBOX to PST Converter is a helpful utility for MBOX based email client such as Apple Mail, Thunderbird, Netscape, Zoho Mail, SeaMonkey, Postbox and many others. It is built on Simple GUI interface and programmed to export single or multiple (bulk) mailbox to Outlook PST.
    The tool also provide an option to load and check the preview of loaded mailbox with complete mail information. Beside these facility, user can export filtered emails in PST, Office 365, Live Exchange, EML, HTML, MSG,…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. SCL and BCL column

SPAM is not as simple as a “yes” or “no” answer. Users should be able to add a column in Outlook to display the SCL and BCL values at a glance. Today it requires a good bit of knowledge and extra hoop jumping to examine the headers to get these details that can otherwise be very valuable to an end user trying to determine the value of an email.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Automatically Minimize To Tray On Launch

There should have the option to automatically minimize to tray on launch for Outlook. Most applications have this feature. I feel it is a security risk and also highly disruptive that Outlook pops up on screen whenever it updates while I'm in the middle of coding or trying to have a discussion with a coworker.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Option to Snooze email messages in Outlook for Windows

Please add the email SNOOZE option to Outlook for Windows--to match the SNOOZE feature that already exists in OWA/O365.

This is an incredibly handy feature that I use daily in Gmail when I need to follow-up later. Snooze is much easier than adding a follow-up reminder to the message.

Thank you

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Create a contact summary tool in calendar

Create a function in calendar so that a group manager can develop a summary of client engagements by week, month and year, by entering the client name as a search term. If I wanted to see how many times my staff met with Acme Bowling Balls (ex), I would enter Acme Bowling Balls in the search term and it would produce a report fro how many time we met with them.

Perhaps a group report for all clients , listed by client, could also be generated. This would provide a summery for all clients represented in that calendar.

These are…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Please set an option to allow for Outlook Email to open in view unread email rather than all email.

Please set an option to allow for Outlook Email to open in view unread email rather than all email.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Another category for tasks "highly important"

It would be good to have another category for tasks. Not only organize them in "today", "tomorrow" etc. but an extra category for "today" to set priorities like "highly important" or "priority 1", "priority 2" and so on.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tasks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. When inserting an attachment, allow users to cut the filename from the Recent Items list to paste into the subject line.

In Outlook 2010, while inserting an attachment from File Manager, I could cut the filename (without the extension; thumbs up) and paste it in the subject line, then go back and insert the attachment.
    With 2016, I LOVE the Recent items list, when attaching a file, but have no way of cutting the filename to paste it into the subject line. I have to attach the Recent file, then save as, and cut it from that dialogue box. Then I paste it into the subject line and backspace through the extension info.
    Thanks!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Create a feature where I can take an email with links and attachments and place it directly into Teams

Instead of having to forward on an email filled with great information and attachments, I would like to be able to just post it onto one of my Teams sites.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Ability to use / select multiple categories at the same time in Outlook

It would be really useful to have the ability to select multiple Categories at the same time. Currently you can only select one at a time which means you have to go back to Categories selection to select another category. Most frustrating

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Customize rooms listed in the Show a room list menu in Scheduling assistant

Please add a client feature that can show only regularly used rooms in the Show a room list menu in the right-side pane of Scheduling assistant when creating a meeting with Outlook client. It would be great if it could be done by end user instead of admins by using the client app.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Add an option to add multiple / change the signature based on the theme someone is using.

Many company's use signatures in their emails. Most of these signatures have an image and some text. When designing these most people will only check if looks great on white mode. But when you have darkmode on, it doesn't look so good anymore.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Clone PST folder structure from an existing PST

I archive my files manually into a folder structure in offline PSTs. Further my PSTs are organized by business years such as 2018-H1, 2018-H2 and so forth. I do so to avoid my PSTs growing too large. I backup my older PSTs to an offline media at the change of every half year. Everytime I create a new PST, I have to create the folder structure manually. I want to simply clone a new PST folder structure based on an existing PST. The workaround method of import by setting date filters does not always work.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Better spam blocking

Be able to block by entering key words in the subject. More effective that trying to block just the senders email address

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Please provide the unread email count badges on taskbar. It is so useful to know what drops in our mailbox while working on different window

Please provide the unread email count badges on taskbar. It is so useful to know what drops in our mailbox while working on different task in different window. It will save 30 second to 1 minute. You can imagine how powerful feature would be and there is no doubt that a lot of resource hours ( No of current users * 60 Seconds = x number of hours ) can be saved adding this feature.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Add users without replying-all and sharing the historical email thread as well in Microsoft Outlook 2016

When a user wants to add a co-worker to an email chain, he/she needs to reply all with the new recipient added. For the email recipients, it is a waste of time to open an email and simply see that a new person was added.
    Instead, if Outlook/Exchange could provide a method to add a user and save it on the server so that the next reply all would automatically include the new recipient, it would save time. An alert similar to "you are not replying to the latest email in this thread" could be sent to the new composer,…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 233 234
  • Don't see your idea?

Outlook 2016 for Windows

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base