OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook 2016 for Windows

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. The operation cannot be performed because the message has been changed

Keep getting this error when about to send a long email. This is incredibly frustrating and happens to every user in our office using Outlook 365. It seems only to happen if you take more than 20-30minutes to compose a message.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Editor newly introduced splendid feature in Word need in Outlook Desktop App

Hello, Microsoft 365 guys it is great that you included Editor in Microsoft Word desktop version. it is amazing. I'd like to suggest your cooperation to include this newly introduced Editor option in outlook desktop email version

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Delete incorrect email addresses

When typing an email, many times it will fill in the rest of the email address and could be the wrong address due to an error. How can the incorrect email be deleted so it is not readily there to be used?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Dark Mode on Outlook Today

It's about time to add a dark mode on the Outlook Today Screen. It's a pretty useful feature but it just don't make sense to have a white background on a dark mode setting.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. When attachments to Outlook meetings or emails are opened, prompt user to "Save As" to avoid losing changes.

Currently when attachments are opened, they are opened as temporary files. Any changes made to the file are LOST when you close the file, EVEN IF YOU HIT "SAVE" PRIOR TO CLOSING! When hitting "Save", MS Outlook should prompt you to "Save As", just like it does when you try to "Save" a read-only file. I just lost a ton or work thanks to this MS Office flaw.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Create multiple events in a single calendar invite

We setup workshops in which multiple presenters are involved over a period of two/three weeks and morning and evening sessions to include several geographies.

This leads to creating at least 20-30 invites and all invites are sent individually with multiple "Teams" meeting invites

if we could create multiple sessions using an XLS or some wizard or something very simple, we can decide the entire schedule and send one invite email which will create several slots in users calendars. this will not flood the inbox with multiple meeting invite emails.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Automatically copy meeting request forwarders

When someone forwards a meeting request, provide an option for the person who forwarded it to be automatically copied in responses (accept/tentative/decline) as well as the original meeting organizer.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Reminder to attach the file you promised in the email

Often, people forget to attach the document that they promised in the email. They then send a new email with the line 'uups, the usual mistake' and with the document attached.

This could be avoided if Outlook reminded you to attach a file. For instance, outlook could scan for words like 'attach' and similar, and when detecting a word but no attachment would prompt a pop-up similar to when sending a meeting invite when there is no subject.

Another problem is that the new email with the attachment creates a new thread, so confusion arise on a) which to respond…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. A traffic light system so individuals can indicate their current workload and availability

Enable a traffic light system so individuals can indicate their current workload and availability, and have this visible to their team members at a glance within Outlook. A simple traffic light shade scale: green through amber and red. During this period of Covid-19, i need an easy way to see when my team are available and have capacity for work - whether it be email/calls/video. A simple green traffic light would mean they are available; red they are not available; sliding scale in between. Ideally visible immediately under the toolbar for each team member.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Edit picture with pen

Can you add a feature to enable adding pointers to a picture via a pen. It helps in makeing the graph informative

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Hide Private Appointments When Sharing Screen

I would appreciate it if one could toggle a mode in Outlook Calendar whether or not to show private appointements.
    When I share my screen (Skype, MS Teams, projector, ...) and have the calendar open I don't want others to see private appointements (because they are private and could contain confidential information).

So I would expect to have a toggle switch to enter this mode where private appointements are shown as 'Private Appointement' and not with their title. I also would like that Outlook automatically enters this mode when the screen is shared in an online meeting. Detect projectors may…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. generate id number for each e-mail

generate id number for each e-mail received to use it as reference number at work

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. An option to Resend a message from context menu.

Would be nice to have an option to Resend a message straight from the Context Menu (Right click), like in Foxmail.

Now you need to navigate to Sent, then double-click to open a message, then click Actions, then click Resend - WAY TO MANY CLICKS. Thanks

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. "start zoom meeting" button available in a calendar item

"start zoom meeting" button available in a calendar item

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Make the "now" indicator in Outlook Calendar an arrow instead of a circle

Instead of having a circle indicate the current day/time in outlook, use an arrow.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Add hindu calender

When I tried to add Hindu holidays in the calendar application. I didn't found any Hindu (religious calendar). We already have Christian, Islamic but not Hindu religious calendar in the holiday tab. Please add it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Flag meeting/appointment to reschedule

We are in a situation where we are responding to the COVID outbreak (we are a health dept), so many of the meetings that I have on my calendar will need to be rescheduled, but I have no idea when we will be back to normal operations, so I would like a way to "flag' these meetings as postponed and put them somewhere (in a folder or somewhere) that I can go back to, to reschedule them at a later time.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Pause desktop notifications - similar to what Slack can do

Pause desktop notifications - similar to what Slack can do - so if you're presenting on a webinar your participants won't see your email notifications

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Blocking the users from booking the Room which is already booked

When the Room is unavailable/already booked and we further select the Room, we get an option of ‘Send anyway’ and ‘Cancel’. When we select ‘Send anyways’ the meeting is created and the request is forwarded to room mailbox, however we receive a decline message that the room was already booked by some other user.

Now the ask is the user should not be able to get an option to Book the room at all (i.e. get an option to click ‘Send Anyway’) when it is already booked by some other user.

If we can remove/disable the option for Send Anyway?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 250 251
  • Don't see your idea?

Outlook 2016 for Windows

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base