OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Windows (Desktop application)

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Provide an option to add autotext button to shortcut menu while composing mail in Microsoft Outlook 2016

An option to add Autotext button to shortcut menu in main Outlook window would help composing message in main window and as of now it works now for signature and attachment but not for quick parts>Autotext in Microsoft Outlook 2016.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add ability to not open emails unless you double click them. I do not want emails to open when I am trying to delete them.

Add ability to not open emails unless you double click them. I do not want emails to open when I am trying to delete them or move them.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Option to suggest Cancellation or rescheduling of meetings if Out of Office Reply is set in Microsoft Outlook 2016

Option to suggest Cancellation or Rescheduling of meetings if Out of Office Reply is set in Microsoft Outlook 2016 after smartly scanning for the meetings/tasks/events.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Feedback Site for Outlook 2016 from the Office Suite -- Not the default Mail app of Windows 10

Thanks for your suggestions to this site--we appreciate the feedback!!

To clarify a little bit, this UserVoice site is dedicated to feedback about the Microsoft Outlook 2016 application that comes in the Office Suite (along with the Office 365 apps like Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. https://products.office.com/en-us/outlook/email-and-calendar-software-microsoft-outlook) Office's Outlook 2016 is the one that comes with mail, calendar, people, and tasks.
    We would love to hear your suggestions about what the next versions of Outlook 2016 could do!

However, this UserVoice site is not for submitting feedback about the Windows 10 Mail app. That application has the ability to receive…

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Provide an option for Microsoft Outlook 2016 to suggest for file compression

Provide an option for Microsoft Outlook 2016 to suggest for file compression with any available or installed compression application software.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Allow a single occurrence of a repeated meeting to be moved past another occurrence of that meeting

Today I cannot move a single occurrence of a meeting past another occurrence of that recurring meeting. For example, if I have a meeting every Mon Wed, I want to be able to move the Mon occurrence to Fri. Today I have to move Wed to Fri, and then move Mon to Wed. It's annoying to reschedule and confusing for meeting attendees.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. OneNote like shortcut keys when composing email

I love OneNote and Outlook, however, a lot of the shortcut keys are not available when composing emails for formatting. Would be nice to leverage shortcut keys that do not overlap with existing keys, such as CTRL + . (period) for a bullet list.

Just a thought.

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. E-mail usage reports and Office Delve

Functionality that implemented something like pivot charts or pivot tables, allowing for easy visual analysis of e-mail patterns and habits. Once a chart was built using whatever options were specified by the user, allow for the user to click on the data points and be taken to the underlying e-mails.

Note: This functionality should be achievable using Office Delve, https://support.office.com/en-us/article/What-is-Office-Delve-1315665a-c6af-4409-a28d-49f8916878ca?ui=en-US&rs=en-US&ad=US. If you try this please provide any additional input.

or Can the important mail or action mail need to converted in graphs , which could use for some analysis , and get the details.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. close research pane with keyboard

Research Pane - Positioning the cursor in or adjacent to any word or acronym and pressing Shift+F7 used to bring up the entire Research Pane. If you didn't want the Thesaurus, F6 took you to the pane, where you could tab or Shift+Tab to change your options. Now it only brings up the Thesaurus. Clicking on the drop-down arrow gives you the options to Move, Size, or Close.

Closing the pane was an option on the View menu, also navigable via keyboard. Now it seems to only be clickable. An aggravation for keyboard users, but can you imagine what a…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Option to provide "To Me" filter in Microsoft Outlook 2016

Provide an option of "To Me" filter on the Inbox so we can create a Search folder or use the search box with the to query to just click the drop down and select To Me first thing in the morning to filter emails sent to you from all other emails and it is beneficial to provide it across all Outlook endpoints and goes along with the new @mentions features.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Update Read Receipt to use client's time zone not the server

Read Receipt currently uses the server time zone. Please update it to be the client's time zone, https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/kb/2800633.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Ability to view attachments in the preview pane via windows explorer.

When viewing saved emails from Outlook 2016 in windows explorer using the preview pane, the feature to see whether an email contains an attachment has been removed for Outlook 2013.

I'd like to see this option added back.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Provide ability to edit multiple calendar events in Outlook 2016

When I import an electronic calendar to Outlook 2016 it would be helpful to be able to set reminders for the multiple events imported, rather than having to edit each individual event

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Exchange 2016 Public Folders Incorrect Permissions in Outlook 2016

In Outlook 2016 (but not Outlook 2010) Public Folders that were migrated to Exchange 2016 from 2010 do not display the correct permissions. The "Default" permission overrides all other specific permissions on public folder.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Custom spacing of QAT icons

The horizontal spacing of the Quick Access Toolbar (QAT) icons dramatically increased with the download of Office Outlook 2016. I can no longer see many of the important QAT icons and using the program is significantly less efficient now. Please restore the ability to display QAT icons in a narrow format. I will not download Office 2016 on my desktop until this issue is resolved because it is so significant. I am considering rolling back my laptop to Office 2013 until the issue is resolved.

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Option of organizing the sequence in the drop down menu in Microsoft Outlook 2016

Option to organize the drop down menu in Microsoft Outlook 2016. In the drop-down menu there are many options, however they are used according to individuals requirements. Such options allow us to better place the most frequently used features in the drop down menu to enhance the action and task handling.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Double click to open Group message

If the reading pane is off in Outlook you cannot open Modern Group messages. We would like to be able to double click on group messages to open them in a new window, similar how you can do with mail items.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Groups  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Notification on completion of Archive Process in Microsoft Outlook 2016

It would be nice to get an informative dialogue with "OK" informing about the completion of the Archive Process.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tasks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Publish Calendar for self scheduling for clients/patients/customers

Create a way to publish your calendar to the web or a website so people can schedule themselves on your calendar. For an example of this see www.schedapple.com. OR, MSFT could just buy them and build the functionality to Outlook.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Move Item dropdown needs icons to distinguish item type

When using the Move Item drop down (Home tab -> Move & touch mode on the side bar), the list of folder only show the name.

For example in the To-Do List (listing both flagged emails & task items) i may folders with the same name but for the different types (e.g. Task Items name "Personal" and an email folder named "Personal"). There is no way to distinguish between the 2 from this list. As a result you frequently unintentially move an email into a a task folder and it now becomes an attachment. In certain types of mail accounts…

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Outlook for Windows (Desktop application)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base