OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook 2016 for Windows

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Automatically block of 15 minutes before and after each meeting

It is my manual task to always block some time before and after meetings, lot's of extra clicking in Outlook. I would love to see a feature or someone explain to me how I can tell Outlook, to by default make my meetings appear to start 15 minutes earlier and stop 15 minutes later, than they actually do, so no one can book back to back through my entire schedule.

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

4 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Rethink the direction Outlook is going

The look and feel of Outlook as well as most of the other office applications is continuing to look worse and worse. It's becoming much more childish looking and less professional looking. Many of the sections take up way too much space on the screen. The most recent change to the top of a new message looks totally ridiculous. Why either boxes around To, CC and BCC and not around Subject for example?

Users should also be able to adjust the space between items in the Folder Pane, there is way too much whitespace between items and you have to…

95 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Please add BCC for meeting invites.

Please add BCC for meeting invites to protect the privacy of remote participant emails and/or conference attendee emails.

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Ability to get the count of attendees invited/declined/accepted/busy in Microsoft Outlook 2016

Want number/quantity of attendees invited/declined/accepted/busy to meeting/appointment in scheduling assistant. Also there should be a possibility to highlight the row for a selected meeting attendee in the Outlook scheduling assistant. This will improve the readability: when scheduling with lots of attendees, it’s hard to discern which person is unavailable when all you see are blobs of blue with no name connected to them. Allow the feature of busy search to identify users that are tied up with meetings and appointments as well.

Provision of a button on the invite listing names and titles plus how they are connected on an…

415 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Compose email window: the new to/from/subject ribbon is way too big

stop stealing screen real estate for the thing I want to use it for: the contents of my email.

63 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. There's possibly now too much empty space in the email window

It'd be great to reduce the new size of the "from", "to" and "CC/BCC" columns in both the Popped Out New Email window and the inset 'reply' window. There's a lot of "dead-air" above the line where one writes the email

158 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

35 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Provide an option to clone a past meeting as we might need to create meeting which is not a recurring one

Provide an option to clone a past meeting as we might need to create meeting which is not a recurring one would be the best option in Microsoft Outlook 2016. Being able to clone a past meeting would be good instead of copying all the details again.

49 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Copy an existing meeting into a new meeting

Allow the copying of an existing meeting into a new meeting that can be edited for content, attendees, time, etc., and then sent. This dramatically decreases the work effort of scheduling meetings and reduces friction between your users and the software.

105 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Option to Snooze email messages in Outlook for Windows

Please add the email SNOOZE option to Outlook for Windows--to match the SNOOZE feature that already exists in OWA/O365.

This is an incredibly handy feature that I use daily in Gmail when I need to follow-up later. Snooze is much easier than adding a follow-up reminder to the message.

Thank you

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Recurring Calendar meeting changes should not change meetings that have already taken place

Do not change the history of meetings that have already occurred when make changes to a recurring meeting for future dates.

587 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Offer choice re: ribbon icons

I opened Outlook acct & icons on ribbon changed. Offer option to use old icons/ opt-in or out choice when making such changes

29 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Add quarterly option to recurring calendar. You only have weekly, monthly or yearly now.

The recurring calendar options are weekly, monthly or yearly. I do several things quarterly and would like that option.

34 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Colour coding for different recipient

to have the option to set the option to display/highlight email from specific people in your email box to a different colour - so that they can be clearly identified at a glance

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Keep all meeting invites even if declined.

Set the option to keep all meeting invites in inbox regardless of the action taken; even if declined.

125 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Increase the number of color options in the Outlook Calendar palette from 9 to 16-25, increase contrast, and allow user editing of colors.

I find that I cannot change the color of agenda items or calendar items for my email accounts in Microsoft Outlook. I use various Android apps on my tablet and phone, that allow me to show Agenda items and Calendar items. If I use gmail, I can easily select a color, whereas with Outlook accounts I cannot change the color to suit my preferences. Also provide an option or feature to set different events with different colors in Calendar as well as in Categories in Microsoft Outlook 2016.

1,376 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

130 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Search At The Top Option

Please allow users to choose whether to use Search at the Top or keep the search bar in the legacy location.

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/search-at-the-top-96fee452-80cd-492d-a35c-5c37584b416b

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Removing folders

Give us the ability to remove folders we don't use. Many of us do not use the "group", "conversations" or various other folders that Outlook automatically installs and will let us delete. Users should be able to remove any folder they don't want.

49 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Provide a pop-up reminder for users who create a meeting with WebEx as the location but do not have a WebEx invite attached.

Provide a pop-up reminder for users who create a meeting invite with WebEx as the location but do not have a WebEx meeting attached when they attempt to send the meeting invite (similar to the pop-up reminder for users who have 'attach' in the message but no file attached)

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Bulk-modify only future events of a recurring calendar event (i.e. "archive"/"freeze" past events).

It is helpful to have a record of past events/meeting as they happened.
    Currently, modifying a recurring event (e.g. moving a team meeting from Tuesdays to Thursdays) will change all occurrences, past and future, which means the record of previous events is lost/not accurate.
    When modifying a recurring event, users usually want to implement a change "from now on", so at the very least they should be given the option to modify (a) single event, (b) future occurrences, (c) all occurrences.
    See Google calendar for implementation.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Allow users to specify their pronouns.

Add an official way for users to specify their preferred pronouns - he/him, they/them, etc. Ideally this would be easily changeable, and not require people picking options from a list.

65 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Outlook 2016 for Windows

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base