OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook 2016 for Windows

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How can we improve your Desktop Outlook 2016 experience?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Change colors of Outlook or Word icons

In the task bar, latest icons for Outlook 365 and Word 365 are too similar (blue).
    It's confusing.

Regards,

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Improve visibility of unread mails when black background is used

When using the black background in Outlook, unread mails show with black font for the email sender and title. This makes it difficult to read as it is against a very dark grey background. Suggest changing the text color to blue or white with the typical bold.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Include option to answer with our theme and background in Outlook

I think MS should include a predefined option to answer messages or emails with our predefined theme, background, font, ... always when we use "answer" or reply option. Becouse sometimes it is annoying to reply to an email which was sended with user defined background images or font, and when you reply to that message it takes the same background, font, ....
    It should be under "Options" and allow user to use our own predefined theme, background, font always when replying to an email.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Couleurs pour les dossiers Outlook

couleurs différentes pour faciliter l'identification (comme les tabs dans excel)

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Please bring back the trashcans (delete) back into a solid red X! It was so much easier to discern.

In the 'Deleted' folder, turn one of the trashcan back to a solid red 'X'.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. New dark Office Theme

Would be nice to see a new dark Office theme with colour accents like the colourful theme has. Also, having separate theme settings for the different Office products would be nice since I don't necessarily want dark mode on Word but really like it on Outlook.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Get the Category Colours to show up on the list of emails in Preview & Single view

Get the Category Colours to show up on the list of emails in Preview & Single view

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Provide a feature or revert the icon color to old one or provide different color icons for Office applications

Sorry to say but don't like the new icons especially the fact that Word and Outlook are both in blue shades they look to much the same when sitting side by side on the Taskbar - which if your background is also blue they just really don't stand out that well. Really they need to be at the least different colours for each Office Icon in order to stand out.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. I would like to sketch directly into emails using my pen and touch screen.

I often sketch simple diagrams to suppliers when it is more expediant then writting lots of text. Presently I open MS paint and make the sketch, save it, then paste into my email. It would be much easier just to have a paint surface in the email itself. To extend this editing existing embedded images in the email thread woud also be useful for collaboration.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Make the ribbon button or text for "New email" green and for "Delete" red.

Simply making the ribbon button or text for "New email" green and for "Delete" red, will make them more visual and easier to identify.
    Also agree that the X is better than the bin.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Alternating Colors in the room booking feature

when you have a long list of rooms each line should be a different color than the line on top of it so that the user will be able to visually see which room is available at which time . Similar to some of the graphs you can use on excel.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Re: Group image objects into Outlook Mail.

Anders als in anderen Office Anwendungen lassen sich offensichtlich Bildobjekte in einer Outlook Mail nicht gruppieren. Unter Format wird zwar die Funktion Gruppieren angeboten, aber trotz intensiver Suche ist es nicht gelungen, zwei Bilder zu markieren.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Outlook opens behind windows taskbar when the taskbar is on the left (not the bottom)

I have a wide, short screen on my laptop, so I place my Windows taskbar on the left-hand side of my screen. When I open Outlook, the window is positioning itself *behind* the Windows taskbar instead of to the right of it. Every time I launch Outlook, this happens & I move the window back out to the correct (visible) position. Unfortunately, Outlook isn't remembering that repositioning or recognizing the taskbar position. Outlook should 'know' where the Windows taskbar is and never open behind it.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Outlook should support External GPU (eGPU) surprise removal.

Outlook does not support external GPU (eGPU - external Graphics) scenario, which is becoming more and more common with Intel Thunderbolt capable laptops and eGPU enclosures.

- Outlook should be made resilient to eGPU removal. The Graphics team published a sample illustrating how to do this: https://github.com/Microsoft/DirectX-Graphics-Samples/tree/develop/Samples/Desktop/D3D12xGPU

- If the above is too much work, how about releasing its hold in the eGPU when the Outlook window is moved to the internal display, so that the user can select safe remove of the VGA controller (eGPU)?

If Outlook is closed and reopened on the internal display, it still seems to…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Bold Button should be switch or short cut from light version of fot to bold version of font

If I use a light version of a font and activate the bold button an outline is apllied on the light font which results in a blurry light bold font. Shouldnt the bold button be the switch or short cut from the light font to the bold font?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Outlook 2016 for Windows

Feedback and Knowledge Base