OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook 2016 for Windows

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. enabling serach button to email attachemnt

when creating new mail and in need to attach a previous mail, please enable the option to search for this previous mail after clicking the attachment button and choosing email attachment. it will be much more convenient to search for the mail after clicking the attachment button and not preparing/searching the mail beforehand.
    Also, the window opened for choosing the attachment is quite small, please enlarge it. thanks!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Capital Aplhabets Vs Small Aplhabets with single click

Current: After typing any word or statement user realise that they want to change the alphabets from Capital to Small letters or vice versa, they have to delete everything they typed and then re-type.

New Proposed Idea: After tying statement or word user should select the statement or word and then hit Caps Lock button to change the alphabets from Capital to Small or Small to Capital letters.

This idea will save lots of people time and same can be implemented on Outlooks applications.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Pin search filters

Make email search filters (to, from, subject, body, attachments, etc) remain pinned to top of inbox. Currently, I need to add these filters everyday. Previously, these stayed pinned atop my inbox.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. A way to flag a folder so I know I have to get back to it in Microsoft Outlook 2016.

A way to flag a folder so I know I have to get back to it in Microsoft Outlook 2016.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Sound for Outgoing Mail

We have a internal company joke about flushing down, if you sent an important mail, so it would be really cool to set a sound for outgoing mails.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. when you send email and then want to undo the send

When you send a email then you want to undo the send

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Suggesting feature: button "Recovery All Items"

Hello,

During one decade working with Outlook application I have a opportunity to saw important changes, a evolution of software, and the last version (Office 365) give to us some great things, like 'View Templates' great resource if you sending the same message regularly, making life easier for users.
    After hearing a lot of complaining, my suggest is make users life less complicate: a button to recovery all messages closed, useful when your Outlook close unexpected and you don't have any idea which messages was open, forced to restart your work from zero.

One single button called "Recovery All Items"…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Backup & Restore in a Easy Way

Right now there is feature to "export to a file" for data file, which is kind for those who are expert, but to make it more simple, if a option for Backup and restore is there, it will be easy and to manage data more secure.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Please add a Send Individually Button

I often find I need to send mails to many Distribution Lists which can have a large number of users on and cross-posting is frowned upon by the DL owners

I value the use & efficiency of my time much more than the time it takes to spend what can be many extra additional minutes (per distribution list) to copy paste and then send emails to many different recipients in the To Field.

Therefore, to improve the user experience of sending bulk emails (including to large lists that may otherwise just get BCC'd) I would like a button that would…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Ability to add a category to an email as you write one

I'd like to add Category to the QAT so when I am writing an email I can assign the category to it easily. Current you have to find Options, open that to find categories.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. While replying email with Outlook, could we add intelligence to auto-suggest the user names?

While replying email with Outlook, could we add intelligence to auto-suggest the user names?

Example Mail:

Sent: Wednesday, January 15, 2020 4:42 PM
    To: Doe, Jane <jane.doe@receiver-domain.com>; Rabbit, Jack <jack.rabbit@receiver-domain.com>
    Cc: Fox, Lazy <lazy.fox@some-other-domain.com>
    Subject: Re: Let's talk on the features

Hi Jane,

Thanks for putting this together. I like the idea...

When Jane replies back,

If Jane types->

Thanks J -> In this case outlook internal auto-suggest will display Thanks John, "J" is solid color both "ohn" in space-holder mode, if Jane hits tab Outlook will add…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Allow to change colour for inline comments only

Now user is enabled only to change the text style for replys in MS Outlook, but not only for inline comments. It would be a wonderful option to choose a separate style for replays and for inline comments as I would like to keep a standard style for general replays and choose a different coloured text for inline comments (to be separated in the previous e-mail).

40 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Reinstall the ability to easily set a follow up date on an email in outlook 365

Reinstall the reminder date function with flag in email

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Provide an option of delete in the pop up window when an email is received in outlook 2016

Why did you remove the delete option in the pop up window when an email is received?

268 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

51 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Ability to Identify "Priority Senders" resulting in a highlighted message and a priority count by the inbox folder

In todays environment the flood of emails one receives each day is daunting. While everyone thinks that their email should be top priority, if everything is "urgent" then nothing is "urgent". Each individual has a certain list of "senders" whos emails receive priority over all others. Without having to resort to a rule sending these emails to a special folder ( where they risk being ignored in the press of business) I would be useful if the priority sender's emails were highlighted and a count listed by the inbox. this would make it easy to search for those "urgent" messages…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. snooze email syncing for a specific inbox

on my android phone, I love that I can snooze an inbox for weekends, outside business hours and until I wish to restart it. I would love this feature in outlook app for windows 10.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Ausschneiden und Skizzieren per Outlook teilen.

The "Mail" app is firmly anchored in the Cut and Sketch app. It would be great if Outlook were also anchored there or if you could address other installed programs such as Telegram or WhatsApp to share a screenshot.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Allow to export Meeting Attendance List

Under outlook calendar attendance list, add the ability to export to excel or text the names, email, phone, ect.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
1 2 5 7 9 90 91
  • Don't see your idea?

Outlook 2016 for Windows

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base