OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook 2016 for Windows

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Send Read Receipt - blind

Have the option for the email sender to see when the message is read, but do not give the recipient an option to not have the receipt sent.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Possibility to sort e-mails by category, then discussions at the same time in Microsoft Outlook 2016

Possibility to sort e-mails by category, then discussions at the same time in Microsoft Outlook 2016

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Timed Out of Office

you should be able to set office hours so that automatic replies can be sent when the office is closed (i.e. after 5pm, before 9am)

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Email Report

Be able to print an email report to track and discuss correspondences between people. Sometimes we need backup and emails to provide that and it would be easier to have a report that shows the date, time, subject and if we needed it to have an option to print all emails and attachments as required for your litigation.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Not Required CC

This would be an additional line to be added, the people that sit in Not Required CC are those that still need to see and know the information, but do not need to be kept on the email chain if it then continues on.
    I.e. You are adding a new product to your line, "To" & "CC" would remain the same but then the people the need the information to update systems but then don't need to see all the extended questions and details on how the product operates would be Not Required CC so that after the first reply…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Add "Quick Step"/button that sends the current email to last folder used to store the last email in that "conversation"/email chain.

Add "Quick Step"/button that sends the current email to the last folder used to store the last email in that "conversation"/email chain.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. The ability to bounce emails

Combat spam by bouncing emails back to a sender making them think your email address is not valid. I used to do this all the time when using an older email client on Windows XP. I started when I was getting over 100 spam emails a day, and managed to reduce this to 2 a week

73 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Add to Calendar Button

When you get an email with an upcoming or a stated event of some kind in the you can just click the ADD TO CALENDAR BUTTON and the calendar pops up and you can select the date on the calendar that you want to add it to.

Rather than having to go through the whole scheduling process in the Calendar.

It would be sooo much easier.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Optional Delay on outbound emails to allow time to intercept and correct mistakes or add missing content

Optional Delay on outbound emails to allow time to intercept and correct mistakes or add missing content

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. "min-eMail"?

To prevent cluttering of email folders with "Thanks" and acknowledgement emails provide a feature which creates a "min-eMail" which doesn't clog up your email folder, but shows briefly (or potentially can be set to be switched off by the user in acknowledgement), which just conveys minimal sentiments with minimal size, then is written to it's own min-eMail folder, saved as a minimum info tag.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Warning - different adress

I would like a function that gives you a warning when about to send an email with an adress that is different from the other reciepience. This is to avoid accedently sending sensetive information to wrong people with similar names.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Inbox for IT professional

I will get Automated emails and I will get emails from my team.
    If you have email segregation for automated and my team.
    It could be customized inbox as well.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Subject automatic popultion

Similar to the TO: automatic name population. The subject line should auto populate previous subject lines once you begin typing.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Reply all and forward attachments only to new people added to the email chain. same as meetings

follow the same method as meetings. brings forward the latest file attachments to the

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Highlight external email senders automatically in Outlook

Enable to see companies adding big colorful warning banners in their emails warning about it being from an external source. It seems like this should just be a native function within Outlook that administrators can enable so that the Names/Emails of any external people are highlighted specifically, and also put a warning icon or something next to the subject or something similar to make it very easy to discern internal vs external emails while not needing to inject unnecessary banners that impede the readability of email threads.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Remind to include link

Much like we have a reminder for attachment when an attachment is mentioned in the body of the mail, why not have a reminder for including the link when it is mentioned in the mail body. (eg. PFB the link below/ here is the link/ you can find it here, etc.)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Automatically add recipients name to the salutation, so mass emails can be personalized to each recipient.

When composing an email to an entire department, it would be nice to be able to personalize each email by automatically adding the recipients name in the salutation.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Extend automatic language detection to signatures

As someone working in a bilingual region, I often have to send emails in different languages. This means that for every email that I send, I have to make sure that the signature I'm using is in the correct language. It would be great if the language detection feature could be extended to signatures so that Outlook is able to automatically pick the right signature based on the language of the email being written.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Automatic deletion of meeting requests in inbox when response is given directly from calendar

When a meeting request is replied directly from the calendar using "right click" and e.g. "accept", the e-mail invite for the meeting should be automatically deleted from the inbox. This should apply only if the option "Delete meeting requests and notifications from inbox after responding" is ticked off under "Options -> Mail".

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Outlook 2016 for Windows

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base