OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook 2016 for Windows

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Secure Outlook Email

Normally when email received popup will be shown on windows UI for new email from sender and with subject.

Sometime you are sending some confidential email and your intention is other not to see and there should not be any popup on UI and till the time email not opened, all content remain marked as xxxxxxxx. This is needed as sometime Receiver may be projecting her/his screen to others and all will come to know for email if popup is displayed or receiver going through emails in inbox.

May be some kind of option in email compose can help to…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Get a link to an email conversation thread on Microsoft Outlook 2016 across all the platforms supported.

I use onenote to track my active work. Much of that is driven by email conversations. I'd like a way to get a durable link to an email conversation that I can paste into onenote or anywhere else.

Clicking the link should take me to outlook.com to the latest conversation view of the thread. (Or an appropriate page if the conversation has been deleted.)

It'd be neat if this link was like other OneNote links, where it generates both an outlook://<...> link as well as an https://outlook.com link, and I can choose to keep whichever one I like.

I'd like…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. It should be great to put the dash icons not near the flag, sometimes we delete email instead of marking them.

It should be great to put the dash icons not near the flag, sometimes we delete email instead of marking them.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. SCL and BCL column

SPAM is not as simple as a “yes” or “no” answer. Users should be able to add a column in Outlook to display the SCL and BCL values at a glance. Today it requires a good bit of knowledge and extra hoop jumping to examine the headers to get these details that can otherwise be very valuable to an end user trying to determine the value of an email.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Please set an option to allow for Outlook Email to open in view unread email rather than all email.

Please set an option to allow for Outlook Email to open in view unread email rather than all email.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. When inserting an attachment, allow users to cut the filename from the Recent Items list to paste into the subject line.

In Outlook 2010, while inserting an attachment from File Manager, I could cut the filename (without the extension; thumbs up) and paste it in the subject line, then go back and insert the attachment.
    With 2016, I LOVE the Recent items list, when attaching a file, but have no way of cutting the filename to paste it into the subject line. I have to attach the Recent file, then save as, and cut it from that dialogue box. Then I paste it into the subject line and backspace through the extension info.
    Thanks!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. "Read" icon should be clickable to mark message as unread

To mark a message as unread, you have to right-click on it and select "Mark as unread" or use Ctrl+U. You can also configure the view to show a "Read" status envelope icon, but clicking on this icon does not change the status.

I think this is a design flaw - right now the envelope icon serves no functional purpose because unread messages are already highlighted (bold). The icon should work as a button to quickly "Mark as read/unread" without having to use the right-click menu or a keyboard shortcut.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Email Recipient Reminder

Like to see a Email Recipient Reminder, something that will pop-up on a person's screen to say, have you attended to this email?
    It needs to be a function that when sending to someone they receive a pop-up message to say, "Would you like us to remind you to action this email?". The sender would have to firstly elect to use this option.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Attachment Pin

PIN for some files in attachment while composing. We use some files regular and want to PIN them in compose window, so everytime it save lot of time.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. 39 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. add send later option to the send button when composing a new email

O365 for Business has the send later option added as a drop-down from the send button when composing a new email. Add this to O365.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Chronological tracking of emails within one/multiple days

Email states the local time of both sender and receiver ... to enable chronological tracking of emails within one day

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Reply All as New Email

Often times, emails are back and forth among number of people to discuss a certain topic. Then we want to switch to new topic but with same group of people. For this, it would be useful to have an ability to "Replay All as New Email". This way, you can start new conversation with same group of people easily and cleanly.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Provide a feature or option to allow rules to be searched in Microsoft Outlook 2016

There are many users that have many rules activated on their Outlook accounts. In the Desktop client, you cannot easily search these rules to find ones you know to be out of date, etc. I spend far too much time sifting thru my rules to find the one I need to update, disable, or delete.

36 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Capital Aplhabets Vs Small Aplhabets with single click

Current: After typing any word or statement user realise that they want to change the alphabets from Capital to Small letters or vice versa, they have to delete everything they typed and then re-type.

New Proposed Idea: After tying statement or word user should select the statement or word and then hit Caps Lock button to change the alphabets from Capital to Small or Small to Capital letters.

This idea will save lots of people time and same can be implemented on Outlooks applications.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Ability to email everyone except a specific recepient when emailing a distribution list

Ability to email everyone except a specific recipient (or multiple recipients) when emailing a distribution list.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. snooze email syncing for a specific inbox

on my android phone, I love that I can snooze an inbox for weekends, outside business hours and until I wish to restart it. I would love this feature in outlook app for windows 10.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Add read/unread bar to all views

Add read/unread bar on left hand side for all views. Not just compact view. It's nice to see the "columns" row and have the feature to click to mark as read.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Allow to create a button for 'User Templates in File System' in ribbon.

Create a button for "user templates in file system" that we can add to our desired ribbon. At this time you only have Choose Form as a button that can be added to a ribbon.
    Having to navigate to Choose form, then scroll down to finally get the to option of "User Templates in File System" is often resulting in taking more time than actually typing an email when it is a simple, short message. This means people are avoiding using this tool as it is not convenient.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Attach File Option - Duplicate files

It would be great if the 'attach file' option was categorized recent files by OneDrive/Cloud and Computer locations. Currently it only shows recent items and mixes both OneDrive/computer location causing duplicates. It is very confusing.

Ideal update would have files saved on OneDrive/Cloud on the top then a line break then files saved locally to the computer.

If this is not possible then just stop recognizing OneDrive as a local file location which would prevent duplicates. Especially since you have the option to attach a file as a copy from OneDrive.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Outlook 2016 for Windows

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base