OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook 2016 for Windows

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Move more than one folder at a time

Please insert the functionality to move more than one folder at a time in outlook 2019(office 365)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Show an 'outside working hours' notification when composing mail

This is idea not for individuals but it like mailTips . Let i am trying to send mail to user /client who is in different timezone and outside working hours as per his timezone then while composing email to him a mailTip should be shown on top and it should simple option like existing mailTips we have.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Provide 'Recipient' status whether he has seen mail or not before Recall/Resend email

Provide 'Recipient' status whether he has seen mail or not before Recall/Resend email

Current Functionality:
    Click on Email->File->Message Resend and Recall
    Tow options there: 1. Resend message for unseen recipient and 2. Recall message.
    Once sender use this then he will get notification of how many recipients message has been recalled.

Improvement:
    When user is clicking on 'File->Message Resend and Recall'
    Is it possible to give 'Recipient' status whether he has seen message or not. So that sender will decide that Resend/Recall is fruitful or not.

For e.g.
    If sender wants to update message for recipient 'A' but he has…

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. MailsDaddy MBOX to PST Converter software

MBOX and PST both are different format therefore a error-free solution required to transfer MBOX to PST format. MailsDaddy MBOX to PST Converter is a helpful utility for MBOX based email client such as Apple Mail, Thunderbird, Netscape, Zoho Mail, SeaMonkey, Postbox and many others. It is built on Simple GUI interface and programmed to export single or multiple (bulk) mailbox to Outlook PST.
    The tool also provide an option to load and check the preview of loaded mailbox with complete mail information. Beside these facility, user can export filtered emails in PST, Office 365, Live Exchange, EML, HTML, MSG,…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. email attachements - Provide an option to email attachments to another user without forwarding the entire email.

From the attachment drop down menu choice directly in an email, Provide an option to email attachments to another user without forwarding the entire email.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Provide categories for emails in Outlook on mobile devices

Provide categories for emails in Outlook on mobile devices

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Vote Tracking

Tracking details to include email. Should also be able to sort it by the vote type. Should be able to export into excel - currently not available- even if we copy and paste, the tables aligned to the columns... atleast should be enabled.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Alert for too many recipients in the "To" field

I would love it if an alert would pop up if more than 15 or 20 names are entered in the "To" field. The alert might read, "Are you sure you want to include so many names in this field? Consider pasting your list of recipients in the "Bcc" field instead."
    This would have served as a reminder and saved me much embarrassment (twice now!!) because of sending an email where all 500+ email addresses appear before the body of the email.

Thank you!!!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Add a quarantine button to view held messages

Please add a button in Outlook that will either open the user's quarantine folder at https://protection.office.com/quarantine in browser OR preferably inside Outlook. Since there is only one daily quarantine email and it's in the middle of the night, my users aren't checking it. I really want to encourage users to check quarantine for spam.

It would also be very helpful if the button showed the current count of quarantined messages.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Prompt if subject is missing after email is saved as a draft

If you save an email without a subject in a draft, you won't get a prompt indicating that there is no subject when you finally send it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. add option 'save and erase all attachments'; names of all erased attachments, time stamp, username added below email text

add option 'save and erase all attachments'
    add names of all erased attachments, erasing time stamp, and username ("erased by ...") below email text in tt text style

to keep pst clean and data on SSD, many users do this manually: first saving, then erasing, which is terrible waste of time

this feature is wished from thousands of users changing from Lotus, which worked like that all the time ...

Thanks!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Provide way to delete emails in multiple folders without affecting folder structure

Please provide an easy way to delete multiple emails across multiple folders/subfolders without affecting the folder structure in Outlook. I realize I can right-click on each folder and Delete All (except a folder that has subfolders that I don't want to delete).

Example is I have a folder with 14 subfolders. From time to time I want to clear out all the emails in those 15 folders without deleting any of the folder structure.

Thanks!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Mark delayed emails in Outbox with the time it will be sent in Microsoft Outlook 2016

When you delay an email there I no way to see what time it is set to send. In the outbox folder the pending email should say what time it will be sent. Also, it would be helpful to see easily delay an email versus having to go through the options tab. A confirmation email once sent would be a useful option.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. change folders color - change table rows color

I'd like to identify the folders by color and do the same for incoming mail in table view. Also would be great to change rows color in table view.

149 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. folder pane density

Increase the folder pane density so I can see more of my folders. (It seems that the font is large and there is a lot of dead space between each collapsed folder to make touch screen use easier, but the billions of users that still use a mouse may find this wasteful and inefficient to scroll through tons of folders.)

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. 4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Embed Office Form in the Outlook E-mail

Embed Office Form in the Outlook E-mail so that when users receive the e-mail, they will not have a second thought to click on the survey link, they will already see that there are only a few and easy-to-answer questions in the survey through the body of the e-mail, and answer it right away because the embedded form is interactive already.

Advantage: Prevent users from parking the survey then forget that it's there because of the low priority. Presenters can get enough feedbacks through the survey.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Allow users to mark senders as not Junk!!!!

I'm constantly having to move stuff out of junk from senders I've already identified as trusted. Science Daily is a great newsletter that always ends up in my Junk folder and I've identified it as Not Junk hundreds of times!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Would like to have subject line with a color option

Useful to have the subject line with a colored option

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)