OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook 2016 for Windows

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How can we improve your Desktop Outlook 2016 experience?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow to revert to the old Ribbon icon set in Outlook 2016

Allow to revert to the old Ribbon icon set in Outlook 2016 especially in Enterprise scenario.

1,378 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

605 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about the new icons. We know any change to the user experience can be disruptive at first, especially major changes like updating all the icons. Even though these new icons have been through many rounds of feedback and refinement with real customers, we’re sorry you’re not finding the new icons helpful.

The new icons incorporate customer feedback we had received on the old icon design: bolder lines and higher color contrast helps make icons are more visible when using your computer near a window, a laptop in direct sunlight, or for folks with less than perfect vision. The new icons are also built using scalable graphics so they are never pixelated and can adapt to any device — whether it’s a monitor you’ve had for many years or a brand new 4K display. We’re also evolving the user interface designs on…

2. Reply all with attachments included in Outlook 2016

In Microsoft Outlook 2016, when reply all to the email with attachments, the attachments are not available and we have to attach them manually. An option to reply all to the email with all the attachments included would be more productive in Microsoft Outlook 2016 as that option is not available as of now.

2,270 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

540 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add 'Acknowledged' and 'Thanks' buttons to emails that will tell the sender you have seen their email, without having to send another.

Add 'Acknowledged' and 'Thanks' buttons to emails that will tell the sender you have seen/appreciate their email, without having to send another, thereby reducing email traffic.

329 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Allow signatures to be synced between different machines for the same office 365 account

I use more than one machine to read & send emails using Outlook 365. I would like any signature that I create to be automatically synced (including with office.com) so that it is available regardless of which machine I am using.

196 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Auto complete using full contact list instead of just "recent contacts"

When I'm writing an email, I would like to be able to type an email from my contacts into the "to" bar and have outlook autocomplete the email without me having to go to the contacts menu.

498 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

37 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Allow us to change the font, its size and choice of style for the to, cc, bcc and subject lines of email

Allow us to change the font, its size, and style for the to, cc, bcc and subject lines of an email. I have checked online and lots of people have this problem, no fix has been suggested. July 24, 2018

119 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Move mail to folder- Search option for folder name

I have hundreds of nested folders for Emails. It is very tedious to find a particular folder every time I need to move an email into one that is not in the favorites bar (Dozens of times a day)

If there was an simple option that said 'Move to folder' and you can search for that folder by name that would be amazing. It should be possible to move conversations or multiple selected mails to the folder.

An additional improvement could be an AI algorithm that predicts which folder you would likely want to move an conversation/mail to based on…

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Keep all meeting invites even if declined.

Set the option to keep all meeting invites in inbox regardless of the action taken; even if declined.

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Fix default font so that no part of the message reverts to Calibri

Outlook allows you set a default font and choose your own font for your signature, but no matter what you do, there will always be at least 1 blank line below your signature (in new messages and replies) where the font reverts back to Calibri. This means if you remove your signature, then start typing, you are not in your default font and must manually change it.

100 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. change folders color - change table rows color

I'd like to identify the folders by color and do the same for incoming mail in table view. Also would be great to change rows color in table view.

78 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Reduce padding in messages list to fit more messages

Reduce padding (or add option to configure) in message list to fit more messages.

The setting could be a similar like Word has to switch between Touch/Mouse mode, but would be better if it had manual control how many pixels a user wants. This could be under View Settings > Advanced View Settings > Other Settings, for example.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. There's possibly now too much empty space in the email window

It'd be great to reduce the new size of the "from", "to" and "CC/BCC" columns in both the Popped Out New Email window and the inset 'reply' window. There's a lot of "dead-air" above the line where one writes the email

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. 31 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. The ability to bounce emails

Combat spam by bouncing emails back to a sender making them think your email address is not valid. I used to do this all the time when using an older email client on Windows XP. I started when I was getting over 100 spam emails a day, and managed to reduce this to 2 a week

29 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Could not edit the subject at the mailbox

Could not edit the subject line of the email in mailbox.

29 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Provide a feature or option not to display "Message Resend and Recall" for receivers in Outlook

Provide a feature or option that enables customers not to display "Message Resend and Recall" for receivers.
    Due to this function, customers are unable to track message logs by Start-HistoricalSearch or Get-MessageTrace.
    On top of that, it makes no sense to let a receiver have an capability to resend a message. We assume that "Message Resend and Recall" was originally implemented for Send Message. The purpose of the function, Resend Message", is to give an original sender an capability to send it again, rather than to give a receiver the capability.
    More importantly, we found it impossible to output the…

59 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Mailtips on all Outlook clients: when a mailtip about external recipient is shown, the external recipients should be highlighted

Mailtips on all Outlook clients: when a mailtip about external recipient is shown, the external recipients should be highlighted in to/cc/bcc fields to make external recipients to stand out.
    This should apply to at least Outlook for Windows and in web client version as well.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Allow to change colour for inline comments only

Now user is enabled only to change the text style for replys in MS Outlook, but not only for inline comments. It would be a wonderful option to choose a separate style for replays and for inline comments as I would like to keep a standard style for general replays and choose a different coloured text for inline comments (to be separated in the previous e-mail).

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Provide a feature or option to allow rules to be searched in Microsoft Outlook 2016

There are many users that have many rules activated on their Outlook accounts. In the Desktop client, you cannot easily search these rules to find ones you know to be out of date, etc. I spend far too much time sifting thru my rules to find the one I need to update, disable, or delete.

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Provide an option of delete in the pop up window when an email is received in outlook 2016

Why did you remove the delete option in the pop up window when an email is received?

128 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 79 80
  • Don't see your idea?

Outlook 2016 for Windows

Feedback and Knowledge Base