OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook 2016 for Windows

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Provide a feature to disable Auto formatting phone numbers in Microsoft Outlook 2016

Starting from Outlook 2013, when I enter 10 digit number in Contacts, it auto formats to US regional numbering scheme. Unfortunately I am not in US and unfortunately cell numbers in my country are 10 digits too.

9820612345 becomes (989) 261-2345
    +91 9820612345 becomes +91 (989) 261-2345

This is a nuisance.
    I distinctly remember that the feature to DISABLE AUTOFORMATTING PHONE NUMBERS.

Why has it been removed?

PLEASE RE-PROVIDE IT

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Automatic contact renaming

I use Outlook 365 on mu PC as my main contacts/calendar/email tool and Outlook on my Android mobile (ASUS ZenFone).

There is a VERY irritating feature as Outlook renames my contacts by replacing the name I write in Outlook 365 by their email address. I want to master this, and I cannot accept that Microsoft changes these names. I send emails to persons, not addresses, and some contacts have nicknames I want to keep.

Worse: my wife has 2 addresses. Outlook regularly switches them, putting first her outlook email address, which is not her main one. THIS IS TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE!!!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Please provide an option for the contacts in the same companies should have an autocomplete/dropdown box suggestion for address etc

Contacts in the same companies should have an autocomplete/dropdown box suggestion for address and autocomplete function to prompt email address when someone enter the name or the company name.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Unable to inport/access my Outlook 2010 contact list in Office 365 (Outlook 2016)

Unable to inport/access my Outlook 2010 contact list in Office 365 (Outlook 2016). I have hundreds of entries and I absolutely need to import this list or, at a minimum, print out this information. HELP!

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. archive contacts

Create a function that can archive contacts that have not been used after a set period of time, to reduce contact folder size. Currently you can only delete or manually store old contact info, if you want to keep on file in case ever needed again in future.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Create a Second Contact Template for Personal Contacts

I've been using Outlook for years and love the connection between emails, calendars, and contacts. Having retired recently, I realize that the contact template is no longer useful -- I want to include spouse and children and take out company and title. I've tried creating a new form; however it doesn't look like the default. And the instructions to use "P2" or regional forms is more complex than I can handle. With the minds at those at Microsoft it should not be so difficult to make a few tweaks to the default template - or as others have suggested for…

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Provide a feature to copy contact information and create a new contact in Microsoft Outlook 2016

Provide a feature to copy contact information and create a new contact in Microsoft Outlook 2016 e.g. if adding several new contacts who all work for the same company as it would be much easier to copy the first contact's info and edit from there.

30 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Bring back employees current location in their contact card.

Our company used this often to determine an employee's current physical location quickly for years, but it was since removed in the latest update.

Please bring it back as its removal is slowing down our collaboration.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Add colour font option to Outlook Contacts Notes in Outlook 2016

Add colour font option to Outlook Contacts Notes

39 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Create new Contacts or Contact Lists directly from Outlook 2016 emails.

Create new Contacts or Contact Lists directly from Outlook 2016 emails just like a new email option.

58 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Option of Fax number to appear in the vCard if it appears on the Phone/Notes tab of the Contact in the GAL in Outlook 2016

When inserting a vCard into a new mail message for someone from the GAL by using INSERT - BUSINESS CARD, OTHER BUSINESS CARD, and changing the Look in path from Contacts to Global Address Lists, there should be an option like the Fax number to appear in the vCard if it appears on the Phone/Notes tab of the Contact in the GAL. It currently only displays Business, Work, and Home numbers.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Provide a feature to import contacts from LinkedIn and other sites into Microsoft Outlook 2016

Provide a feature to import contacts from LinkedIn and other sites into Microsoft Outlook 2016 for better adaptability.

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Lock Contact Folders to Prevent Deletion of Entire Folder

Need the option to be able to lock contact folders in order to prevent accidental deletion of the entire folder but still need to be able to edit the contents of the folders.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Provide an option to add people to your Contacts based on the email communication in Microsoft Outlook 2016

Provide an option to add people to your Contacts based on the email communication in Microsoft Outlook 2016 similar to adding contacts from suggested contacts.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Full Contact View in Outlook 2016

Access Outlook Full Contact View from Email body, not just contact card

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Provide a feature to link a contact to an email in OCM in Microsoft Outlook 2016

Provide a feature to link a contact to an email in Outlook Contact Manager in Microsoft Outlook 2016 rather than creating a contact.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Merging Outlook "Account"

My laptop originally came with Windows 8 as its Operating System. When Windows 10 was released I installed it immediately, not problems, plus I really enjoyed the new UI. Everything was working just fine until the Windows 10.3 update came alone.

I installed it of course. Over the course of the first 2 weeks my computer would stall after 3 hours. A couple more weeks it 2 weeks. I was starting to loose work. In the next 6-8 weeks it became so bad that as soon as the main UI page appeared, windows would stall.

I took my laptop to…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Provide a feature to search Outlook Contacts through Windows Shell in Microsoft Outlook 2016

Provide a feature to search Outlook Contacts through Windows Shell in Microsoft Outlook 2016. In reference to the article (https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc178954%28v=office.15%29.aspx) the feature wherein Outlook contacts could be found via regular Windows search was disabled with the introduction of Microsoft Outlook 2013 and the Outlook items do not display in Windows Shell searches (searching from the Start Menu or by using Win+F). Please bring back Outlook contacts search through Windows Shell.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Ability to handle duplicate contacts efficiently in Microsoft Outlook 2016

Option to provide ability to identify likely duplicate contacts, select one as the real contact and be able to compare and manually merge that record to information from any of the duplicates on a field by field basis in Microsoft Outlook 2016.

232 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

34 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Add optional TimeZone to a contact in Outlook 2016

When working with people in different time zones it can be difficult to keep track of the Timezone everyone works in. Add an optional Timezone field for contacts and if set, please show the contacts current time.

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Outlook 2016 for Windows

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base