OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook 2016 for Windows

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Provide an ability to get polling in meeting invites? Would like to build consensus on items like agenda, meeting location or food choices.

Allow polling within a meeting invite (similar to email) on items like agenda, meeting location or food choices.

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Custom spacing of QAT icons

The horizontal spacing of the Quick Access Toolbar (QAT) icons dramatically increased with the download of Office Outlook 2016. I can no longer see many of the important QAT icons and using the program is significantly less efficient now. Please restore the ability to display QAT icons in a narrow format. I will not download Office 2016 on my desktop until this issue is resolved because it is so significant. I am considering rolling back my laptop to Office 2013 until the issue is resolved.

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Remember location when switching between Mailbox, Calendar, Contacts, and Tasks in Outlook 2016

When swtiching between Mailbox, Calendar, Contacts, and Task views, the view should not reset to top each time.

It's extremely annoying to be forced to open each screen in a new window in order to avoid navigating to one's previous location when switching between each view.

For example, if I am looking at meetings in my calendar 12 weeks in the future, and I switch to my inbox to check a new incoming mail or need to get some contextual information, when I switch back to the calendar I have to waste time scrolling back to 12 weeks in the…

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Provide Cross platform PST support for Outlook 2016 for Windows and MAC

Add the ability to Read/Write PST files from Outlook 2016 for Windows and for Mac.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Not enough space in the screen to work. Many space on the screen use for presentation that reduces the space to work

Not enough space in the screen to work. Many spaces on the screen use for presentation that reduce the space to work

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Quick Step icon colors don't match category colors

The new look changed the possible colors of the Quick Steps icons and category colors. There is now a discrepancy between the possible Quick Step icons and the category colors.
    As someone who categorizes all incoming mail using the quick steps, it bugs me that the colors no longer match.

#newicons

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Provide the capability to Print Tasks within Outlook Today in Microsoft Outlook 2016

When trying to print my Outlook Today from Outlook 2016, the right-side printing margin is too large which results in the "tasks" being cut off on the right side. Therefore, it would be great to print the whole page including tasks too.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Touch mode email action buttons

I like the increased whitespace of the 'touch mode' even when I'm not on a touch computer. There is one annoying UI change in Outlook that happens when you go into touch mode. It moves the email action buttons (reply, delete, etc) to the right side in a vertical bar and removes any text labels.It would be great if the icons stayed where they are in the normal mode but are larger and have more whitespace. Much like the changes that happen on the ribbon.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Account password update Button

Pl provide a menu option or a button to update the changed account password

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Category list needs to be easier to view/access without using a pop-up box

The menu displays all category list options in OWA and on the Mac app, but not in Windows/desktop app. Why?! I hate opening up a pop-up box to scroll down and select a category. The list needs to be available in the menu, and it should be searchable. It's like you see the benefit in two interfaces but not in the third one. Makes no sense.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Sync Outlook on PC with Outlook.com

Enable Outlook on my PC to copy and sync all folders, calendars and other content into and from Outlook.com

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Provide 'Print with options' on home tab

Would love to see a print button on home tab with different options

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Option to set default columns instead of having to change them for every folder in Outlook 2016

Option to set default columns instead of having to change them for every folder in Outlook 2016

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Option to add Images in Notes in Microsoft Outlook 2016.

Option to add Images in Notes in Microsoft Outlook 2016.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Leave the 'From' field blank so we are prompted to select a from account. This will prevent us sending an email from the wrong account

Leave the 'From' field blank so we are prompted to select a from account. This will prevent us sending an email from the wrong account

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Reminders

Have the Reminders display inside the outlook client itself
    or
    atleast give the user an option to have them displayed internally vs external window.
    When a reminder flashes the outlook client icon can glow to indicate a reminder and the inset can change color to indicate that something's coming up.

Also, for years now, Outlook allows you to use colors and create categories for your meetings that show up on your calendar. It would be awesome if these same colors showed up when the reminder window popped up to let you know about your upcoming meeting.

For example, I use…

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Support cache all for large mailboxes

I would like the option of caching more data. Now that the E3 size is increased to 100GB the local ost is still supposed to be kept below 10GB (kb2759052). I would like this flat file architecture to be replaced with something that can support a large offline cache if users want it.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Under "Quicksteps", add the the following possible actions to the list: "Block Sender", "Block Sender's Domain" and "Report Phishing".

Under "Quicksteps", add the the following possible actions to the list: "Block Sender", "Block Sender's Domain" and "Report Phishing".

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Bring back the contact bar at the bottom of the Contact, Calendar, Task and Journal screens.

Outlook 2010 had a contact bar at the bottom of the Contact, Calendar, Task and Journal screens which allowed linking contacts to these screens. For a Contact you could link an assistant, for Calendar entries link individuals involved, etc. That capability was removed in Outlook 2013 - but it could be added through a Registry edit. It was totally removed in Outlook 2016 & 2019 and a registry edit is not an option. It was a capability I relied on to associate contacts with other records. Please provide the ability to add it back if only through a Registry edit.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)