OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Windows (Desktop application)

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. When attachments to Outlook meetings or emails are opened, prompt user to "Save As" to avoid losing changes.

Currently when attachments are opened, they are opened as temporary files. Any changes made to the file are LOST when you close the file, EVEN IF YOU HIT "SAVE" PRIOR TO CLOSING! When hitting "Save", MS Outlook should prompt you to "Save As", just like it does when you try to "Save" a read-only file. I just lost a ton or work thanks to this MS Office flaw.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Create a Meeting Sign in sheet from the meeting title and attendees showing their name and email

create a sign in sheet for holding a meeting with the names of the invitees with their contact info so all they need to do is initial that they attended and confirm their contact info is correct

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Interface with D Six App

There is an app. which my son's school uses to inform parents of all emergencies and sports fixtures etc. The app. is called D6 School Communicator. Is it possible to integrate the information on this app. with the calendar feature on Outlook?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Please create a window that pops up when I close outlook that advises me how many open emails there are.

Please create a window that appears when I close Outlook that advises me how many open emails I have. Sometimes, I accidentally close Outlook when I meant to close just one open email. The result is that all my open emails are closed that I have saved to read later. This is very frustrating.

Thank you - Michael Winer

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Clone PST folder structure from an existing PST

I archive my files manually into a folder structure in offline PSTs. Further my PSTs are organized by business years such as 2018-H1, 2018-H2 and so forth. I do so to avoid my PSTs growing too large. I backup my older PSTs to an offline media at the change of every half year. Everytime I create a new PST, I have to create the folder structure manually. I want to simply clone a new PST folder structure based on an existing PST. The workaround method of import by setting date filters does not always work.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Vote without being added to an email DL

I should be able to vote to support an idea without needing to "subscribe"... I really do not want email updates, just want to know Microsoft knows that I care or support an issue. I do not mind entering email (1 email 1 vote), but do not want to get any related email.
    <note: this was only an issue when trying to vote before entering email on this site... once I posted this idea, I was able to vote without "subscribing" to updates on issues>

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Preview Keynote documents option Needed!

I know you are at war with Apple, BUT, I think there is an opportunity to have a Preview Keynote Documents option for PCs. This would be an Epic Feature! You wouldn't even have to provide the ability to open or print the keynote. Just read and look at the sent attachment. It would be life changing for those of who work at companies that use both programs. Really something to consider in your next version of Office professionals version. Please work that out!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. New Message Indicator Value

put number indicator on envelope in navigation bar for number of unread messages.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Whats New

Once an item is viewed in "Whats new" and it has then been marked as helpful or not whichever the case may be, it should be replaced by something you have not yet viewed. For instance, once I've seen and acknowledged "Read Aloud" why not replace it with something like "Focussed View" until all new whats new features have been seen.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Please add Celtic style fonts.

Many people look for Celtic fonts around St. Patrick's Day and throughout the year to create documents and graphics for Irish music, food and fun.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Email visibility

One neat feature would be if Outlook would show the contents of a folder instead of the message "not enough memory to display this folder". Especially when my computer has 16GB of RAM.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Dock able Modules in Outlook 2016

There is a usability issue due to the fact that you can only see one list at a time in Outlook, (email, contacts, to-do, calendar, etc.) There's the ability to "pop out" an email message so that you can look at your calendar while composing a message, but that's kind of clunky. I propose a feature where you can pop out any of the list modules (such as calendar) so that one can easily work between the two.

Adobe does this in their pro software by being able to "dock" windows within the interface window or "float" them elsewhere, including…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Enable a user to import or export a custom forms and not just a template in Microsoft Outlook 2016

Custom forms allow organizations to customize the data collected by users when scheduling appointments or generating and sending messages. Outllok currently saves these forms in the users .dat file and does not allow for import and exporting of the forms, Administrators who want to use a custom form need to recerwat it for each user creating a consistency issue.
    By allowing import and export administrators could design forms that organizations could use to capture specific data when necessary steamlining their communication when needed forspecific messages and meetings.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Enable NFC beaming to open email on Outlook

NFC beaming should enable users using Outlook app on their phones to open the same email on their Office Outlook application on their PC device seamlessly. This can be particularly useful for professionals reading an email on their phones to seamlessly display the same email on their PCs when they hold their phones at the NFC receivers on the PC. It would become a popular timesaver feature.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Please add scanning printed receipts features.

Add an app in O365 now that you've added scanning of receipts to the mobile version of Outlook that can store and categorize receipts (like Expensify or ReceiptBank) for tax or office expense reports.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Provide a feature of Colored marking for Full-Time Events/All Day Dates in task strip in Microsoft Outlook 2016

Until Outlook 2010 you could set a (colored) category to dates/events which was showing colored in task strip whether the date/event was full time or not. Outlook 2016/2019 doesn't show the events/dates colored in task strip if these aren't full time. These events are shown in grey only. So my workaround until now is to set the full-time events from 0:00-23:59 going. That's very irritating. Please fix this and give the opportunity to show full time events colored again in task strip area!!!!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Provide a means to "Mark as read" items in Public Folders

Currently, there i no way to mark (calendar) items in public folder as read. Even switching to list view does not help (i.e. Ctrl-A + Ctrl-Q is not available in public folders).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Outlook for Windows (Desktop application)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base