OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook 2016 for Windows

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow us to LOG OUT!!!! I am trying to add several accounts e.g. work, personal ... you won't let me slog out of the initial account!!!

Try replacing working applications with ones that are better - not worse!!!! There's no way any reasonable audit comes out with Win 10 as being more usable than prior releases. Can we get rid of the childish low IQ presentations please?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. stopped working

my Outlook & Excel automatically stopped working at some time of interval. & i have to Restart it. i don't like this. please solve my problem

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Option to compress archieve (pst ost) in context menue

To compress ost or pst archieves we have to dig deep doen (Archieve Properties -> Advanced -> Advanced -> Outlook Archieve Settings -> Compress Now)

Please add an option in the context menu right in the beginning to get there directly, ideally ("Empty Trash and compress Outlook Archive")

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Quick Access feature Additions/Enhancements that majority will appreciate and praise Microsoft for (Except maybe the development teams)

This would likely be categorized as a quick access feature.

Having the ability to perform general tasks while using the least amount of time would be the greatest enhancements anything can get.
    The ability to find and group quickly specific keywords, terms, numbers, letters, names, dates, sizes, and just in general all related emails very quickly in the real world of business and personal matters outweighs the need for more functions since if we work faster we progress faster we accomplish more faster and ultimately everything else will come into play "Quickly" after that.
    I would say the fact we…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. My previous contacts list has been 'lost' due to 'necessary Microsoft' 'upgrades'. Reinstate what was would be good.

The idea is: "Microsoft Improvements" should be improvements. So what worked well in the past is built upon. Not destroy what was working well, to confuse customers repeatedly & consistently, whilst charging more financial funds from those paying customers: That is a 'manager's bonus & accountant's task to suit 'shareholder profit demands' joke with very low integrity and seems to be an intentionally organized, increasing download needs, & repeated Microsoft IT applied debacle. Stop those criminal activities and become a reliable service provider. (pls take time to read the attached terms & conditions (with a cheap lawyer, if you find…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. As per Support Case Number 1427065012 there is a problem using Send to Mail Recipient for a photo when outlook is open. comes back with

BUG REPORT : As per Support Case Number 1427065012 there is a problem using Send to Mail Recipient for a photo when outlook is open. comes back with an error saying the feature is not available when an older version of Outlook is running.
    Support thought this was something to do with the Microsoft Outlook Communication Process.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. when I hold the spyglass over the inbox name, I wish it would show the whole email address without me having to click on it.

when I hold the spyglass over the inbox name, I wish it would show the whole email address without me having to click on it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Viewing Panel on Outlook - does not function when view bottom v right side

I have a problem with my viewing panel in Outlook. When I set as reading at 'bottom' no issues and the format setting ie having Subject, From, Receive etc column all appears. BUT as soon as I switch to viewing on the Right, the system can allow the same format. Had a Level 2 tech guy on line, for hours and he could not fix it. Ref Number SR 142 613 73 71

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Skip to next word function

Cntrl and -> does not work to skip the cursor to the next word, just like in other programs, please change / add

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Office Home / professional

Jos on home versio tietokoneella ja hankkii professional niin se antaa 9kk minkä takia ei voi olla koko vuotta?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Actually use the feedback here to improve Outlook instead of robbing features to justify developer time.

I have an AWESOME idea for you. How about using the feedback here to make improvements instead of ignoring problems for years while coming up with new ways to complicate outlook and change the way we work to justify developer time.

I KNOW this sounds like a crazy idea. But when I think back to all the changes since Outlook 2007, there have been some great additions. But a lot more difficulties as well. And many of them, which first presented in outlook 2010 persist to this day. There are THOUSANDS of feature requests and problems that have been reported,…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. you do not work well with others

Make your MS platform work with others. Like Apple.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Add support for numbered lists and bullet lists that are NOT indented.

As far as I can tell, all lists (numbered and bullet styles) are always indented and I believe outline formats are also. I would like to utilize lists and outlines that are NOT indented. In the past, I have avoided using Word and Outlook for this reason. Now that I am forced to use these I am stuck with indented lists. In previous industries I have worked we never, ever indented anything and that is my preference. Please allow this option.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Mac .ICS invites do not include ROOM finder or allow look-up participant calendars

Mac .ICS invites do not include ROOM finder or allow look-up participant calendars

Invites (.ICS files) created by other applications do not include the ROOM FINDER option or do not allow you to see FREE TIME of people you invite

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Moderated Distribution Group Exceptions

Moderated Distribution groups give users a "mail tip" to let them know how thier messages delivery may be impacted. Users who are not allowed to send to the group get a tip that says they are not allowed. Users whos mail will be moderated are told that this will occur. Prior to Exchange 2016, this worked flawlessly for us.

But we have nested groups that are allowed to bypass moderation, and on Exchange 2016, this breaks the tool tips. Is this ever going to be fixed?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Option to render text in mail list with DirectWrite in Microsoft Outlook 2016

Option to render text in mail list with DirectWrite in Microsoft Outlook 2016 for supporting high resolution displays.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 15 16 17 19 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Outlook 2016 for Windows

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base