OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Windows (Desktop application)

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Problem

ich musste Windows neu installieren, seitdem funktioniert der Outlook Import/export-Assistent nicht mehr, was kann ich machen, dringen!!!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. How to guide for setting up iPhone app.

How about you have some step by step instructions.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Kill the "Make Office work smarter for you" dialog

This dialog is annoying and bothersome. First of all, it has a close box on it, but clicking close doesn't close the dialog, it tears down the whole app. Second, maybe I don't want Office to be smarter. I'm fed up with how it tries to be smart but just keeps getting in the way. I really want a button that says "Deny" instead of "Accept".

More issues: The "Learn More" and "Accept" buttons are presented as equivalent options, but only the "Accept" button dismisses the dialog. That sucks. Also, the text "Choose one of the options and select "Accept"…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. You have a typo in Outlook's "One Note" add-in

Typo: there's a typo. Click "One Note" in Outlook 2013 and you have two choices. But, the second choice is missing an "n" in the word "own". Take a look.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Password Dialog Box Stays On Top

Don't have the inbox/main page pop over the password dialog box on startup. Keep the dialog box on top so we can type in the password instead of having it buried.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Email gets removed from client (but is still on server)

Sometimes I get the following message in my inbox:

Click here to view more on Microsoft Exchange

If I click it more emails can popup that weren't in my inbox before, this is NEW emails and not emails that should be removed because they have reached the age limit for how long the should be kept. I don't know why some emails are removed and some are kept (my inbox has both older and newer ones that are not removed).

After I have clicked the button and the emails popup in my inbox the disappear again as soon as I…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. DKIM signature for Office 365 Personal

Bonjour,

Pouvez vous m'éclairer sur le problème rencontré et résumé dans les conversations ci dessous svp ?

Merci par avance
    Bon weekend
    Romain

RomainCourio posée le novembre 15, 2017

Bonjour,
    Je suis abonné à Office 365 Personnel, et je souhaite configurer une signature DKIM manuellement et y définir une clé privée.
    Mais je ne parviens pas à trouver l'accès à cette fonctionnalité "Signature DKIM".
    Pourriez-vous m'apporter des éléments de réponse s'il vous plait?
    Merci par avance
    Cdlt
    Romain
    Hi,
    I am an Office 365 Personal subscriber. I would like to set up a DKIM signature manually and include a private…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Moderated Distribution Group Exceptions

Moderated Distribution groups give users a "mail tip" to let them know how thier messages delivery may be impacted. Users who are not allowed to send to the group get a tip that says they are not allowed. Users whos mail will be moderated are told that this will occur. Prior to Exchange 2016, this worked flawlessly for us.

But we have nested groups that are allowed to bypass moderation, and on Exchange 2016, this breaks the tool tips. Is this ever going to be fixed?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Option to turn off ALL Outlook sounds

There are some Outlook functions where there apparently is no way to turn off the "chime" sound (e.g., when you close an email you started but haven't sent, and many other mail and calendar functions). Muting the speaker entirely is the only option, but because many of us use Skype we need that on. What we don't need is unnecessary chimes in the background while we're working. I don't need these annoying chime sound effects - they're disruptive to me and anyone else who's nearby or on the phone with me.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Folders need to be in alphabetical order

My folders in outlook are not in alphabetical order ever since the updates came out this year and I cannot fix this. This should be standard across the board and needs fixed asap.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Open Attachments

It would be nice to have a keyboard shortcut or something that can be added to the quick access toolbar that would enable to open attachments.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Save "rules", "signatures" and all other account settings on the account level rather than the device so that all devices will have the same

Save "rules", "signatures" and all other account settings on the account level rather than the device so that all devices will have the same settings automatically applied instead of having to rewrite all rules and other settings from each device.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Provide a Warning when the Outlook file becomes too large

Dependend on the amount of system memory the outlook pst file may become too large. After that outlook is stuck. So, a warning which relates the size of the PST file to the amount of available memory is needed.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Please bring back the feature that had the Inbox label on top bar.

With multiple Inboxes, there used to be the label on the top portion (blue bar area) where you could see which Inbox you were looking at. Ever since the new rollout of the Search bar on top that is no longer present. Since I monitor multiple inboxes I usually have multiple windows open. I used to be able to glance up at the top and see which Inbox I was viewing, which made it very simple and easy to know which window was which Inbox. Now I cannot tell until I flip through my open windows. Please bring that back.…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Local news feed

An option to have a local news feed integration on account, so that you know whats going on in the market

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Ability to copy email addresses directly from invite lists for meetings.

It would make it much easier to internally identify people that attended meetings if you could not just copy a participant list from a meeting invite (which only shows internal usernames) but also copy participant/invitee emails from the tacking screen.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Create the option to add a Conflict column/field to Views. This would make Conflicts more visible and allow resolution faster.

I love the ability to create custom views for all of my Outlook folders and decide which columns (fields) I want shown. An important column/field that is missing from the choices of available columns in the Conflicts flag/notification.

Let me elaborate. Sometimes, when I open a mail item, an informational notice/flag appears in the header that reads, "This is the most recent version, but you made changes to another copy. Click here to see the other versions."

My suggestion is that that you allow me to add this notice/flag to my Views. When glancing down a list of messages, I…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. have a feedback service that actually allows you to say what problems you are having rather than this utterly stupid system of suggesting a

I have had several issues since being forced to upgrade to Office 365. Now I find I can't get any emails from apps where I am attemting to join, or have forgotten my password - I can't sign into zoom or enrol with new online apps. This new office is making my working life very difficult with all it's controls - that is automatic controls that remove my control. If this continues I will insist on my it comapny installing an older version of outlook. And you cna't even complain! I don't want to suggest a feature! I just want…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Outlook for Windows (Desktop application)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base