OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Windows (Desktop application)

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Form.Update; Needed for Outlook.

Use of Outlook will cause the window panes to gray out, during intensive tasks. They then refuse to update until the user interacts with the blank pane again.

Perhaps a .Update() is needed on the controls? I know I sometimes have to embed a function to do this for troublesome form controls.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Traduttore di pagina

Per la posta che arriva dall'estero.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Outlook should be honed to the Perfection of a Samurai Sword

Outlook is more than two decades old - in that time it has been used by millions of people - a significant percentage of the world’s population in every one of those years. Why then is it so poorly designed?
    You would have thought that all of those billions of user years of experience that Microsoft would have honed outlook to the perfect functionality (and beauty) of a samurai blade.

Instead we have a vast and bloated piece of software that fails in its basic functionality e.g. connecting with email server and not falling over. Much of its bloated functionality…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. outlock

Jag försöker ändra utseende på Outlock därför att det ser alldeles för balffigt ut. För stort typsnitt. För mycket av ingenting. Men jag kan inte ändra storleken på typsnittet för e-postmapparna och jag måste ändra typsnittstorleken i varje mapp för sig. Jag skulle vilja kunna ställa in alla dessa delar i en vy för alal kolumner, fält och mappar.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Why isn´t this in Swedish??????????????????????????????

Hänvisa mig inte till sidor som inte är på svenska! :-(

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Security setting access from predetermined devices/locations with authentification

Have a method such that hackers cannot login to your email account. Only authorized devices/locations may have login access to email account.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. merge multiple pst files of MS Outlook

Which is efficient conversion program to merge multiple pst files of MS Outlook in easy way ?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. I have changed to Office365 and wondered why, when I add another account (IMAP) that the functionality isn't the same?

When I set up another account on Office 365 (which uses IMAP) I noticed that the functionality isn't the same. For example, when I select Follow Up, I can only flag it - I can't assign a time to actually follow up or be reminded to act upon it. This was never the case when I used to use POP3, I had the total functionality. I also don't have access to Categories any more. However, If I copy a contact from my Hotmail account, the categories appear.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Problem - Outlook crashes when I click 'From' button while composing email

Clicking the "From" drop-down button to change the from address while composing an email results in Outlook crashing. (1805 Build 9330.2014 CTR).

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. I want to be able to put my tasks on the right, my calendar on left and my emails in the middle

I want to be able to put my folders where I want them so it works for me.
    Calendar, email, tasks

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Who printed the Email

We have a public mailbox and sometimes we have problems with whether an email is printed or not and by whom.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. i have this problem please help

I tried to delete message... outlook goes blank and get a little box that comes up saying contacting site...then i get the box showing my email and password...have to click ok to get rid of that many times.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Provide a feature to integrate Microsoft Outlook 2016 with fully functional PowerShell

Provide a feature to integrate Microsoft Outlook 2016 with fully functional PowerShell as we use it everyday and can automate the emails and make its experience more granular.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Add ability to horizontally resize and maximize send receive progress window in Microsoft Outlook 2016

Add ability to horizontally re-size and maximize send receive progress window in Microsoft Outlook 2016

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Microsoft Outlook 2016 Apps with right-side banner for corporate communication

There are applications available which offer Windows Screen Saver for showing Corporate Communication messages. Controlled from centralized machine, the system would download executable file, download content, install Apps inside client workstation and modify its registry. Once the computer is idle, the Apps would initiate the Screen Saver and shows Corporate Communication contents.

As the ratio of the laptop screen is getting wider and becomes 16:9 ratio, there might be a place to put those Corporate Communication messages as banner on the right-side of the screen. Hence, outlook 2010 Apps can have this banner and Microsoft can add this feature for…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Option to turn off ALL Outlook sounds

There are some Outlook functions where there apparently is no way to turn off the "chime" sound (e.g., when you close an email you started but haven't sent, and many other mail and calendar functions). Muting the speaker entirely is the only option, but because many of us use Skype we need that on. What we don't need is unnecessary chimes in the background while we're working. I don't need these annoying chime sound effects - they're disruptive to me and anyone else who's nearby or on the phone with me.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Folders need to be in alphabetical order

My folders in outlook are not in alphabetical order ever since the updates came out this year and I cannot fix this. This should be standard across the board and needs fixed asap.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Open Attachments

It would be nice to have a keyboard shortcut or something that can be added to the quick access toolbar that would enable to open attachments.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Provide a Warning when the Outlook file becomes too large

Dependend on the amount of system memory the outlook pst file may become too large. After that outlook is stuck. So, a warning which relates the size of the PST file to the amount of available memory is needed.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Please bring back the feature that had the Inbox label on top bar.

With multiple Inboxes, there used to be the label on the top portion (blue bar area) where you could see which Inbox you were looking at. Ever since the new rollout of the Search bar on top that is no longer present. Since I monitor multiple inboxes I usually have multiple windows open. I used to be able to glance up at the top and see which Inbox I was viewing, which made it very simple and easy to know which window was which Inbox. Now I cannot tell until I flip through my open windows. Please bring that back.…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Outlook for Windows (Desktop application)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base