OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Windows (Desktop application)

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Meeting Minutes Center Feature

For the Meeting organizer/owner (or designees) add a feature as part of the Outlook meeting/appointment, to be able to manage the meeting minute, for example:

• Attendance check

• Meeting Notes

• Action items assignment & status (that be assigned as Tasks in Outlook for the assigned Owners, received as email notifications)

All this can be manage during the meeting, in the Meeting Minutes Center, and once the meeting is completed, just hit "Send" an automatic email will be send to all the attendees...

Also, if somebody whats go back and look for the meeting notes, just need to look on that specific…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Ability to subcategories of categories.

There is no option for subcategories of categories. If we have over 2000 tasks, so there is a huge need for this feature.
    For example, currently we have the following categories in the list: shopping books, shopping food, shopping sports...
    It would be great to have the MAIN CATEGORY "shopping" and then the SUBCATEGORIES "books, food, sports..."

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Using Artificial Intelligence in Outlook.

Hello,

Is it possible to automate mail transport operations with artificial intelligence and create learning infrastructure in Outlook?

I'm talking about something other than basic rule-making.

We want to see Artificial Intelligence on the outlook application.

There is no study on artificial intelligence in end-user products.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Please create a window that pops up when I close outlook that advises me how many open emails there are.

Please create a window that appears when I close Outlook that advises me how many open emails I have. Sometimes, I accidentally close Outlook when I meant to close just one open email. The result is that all my open emails are closed that I have saved to read later. This is very frustrating.

Thank you - Michael Winer

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Finally support aliases in your apps!

18 months down the line now and still no resolution to this, despite the article explicitly saying "we are actively working on a fix". Any update?
    https://support.office.com/en-us/article/outlook-com-email-account-appears-as-outlook-long-series-of-letters-and-numbers-outlook-com-in-outlook-for-windows-90ed7938-7f21-4cb5-a69d-a3b79ea4eafd
    Flagship product and it cannot even do this basic function a year after article was written and 2 years after first reports. The free Win 10 email client does it. Even the iOS integrated mail client does! Not Outlook for iOS...the one built into iOS. Up the game MS. A new version of Office has been released in the meantime.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. 4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Transparent Updates

Stop stealth updates. Your last update broke appointments, TELL us when you are going to apply an update, WHAT is in the update, and allow us to ROLL BACK if things get broken. So much time and frustration chasing a problem only to find out you updated things, changed or broke the way they work, and didn't tell anyone.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Introduce a contact manager in Outlook 2016

There should be a contact manager in Outlook.

Features to include...

1. Detect duplicate addresses

2. Graphically display a contact and where it's data come from

3. Consolidate contacts

4. Full drag&dropp support of EVERYTHING even when multi selecting

5. Be aware of all my devices and which contacts those devices have

6. Be aware of all sources for contacts from any system, application, program, server from Microsoft (example: Skype, Skype for business, AD, Exchange, Windows, Outlook, SharePoint, One Drive, Personal Address Book-PAB in outlook, Dynamics and so on)

7. Possibility to set the owner/authority on a field by field basis for a contact

8. Possibility to manage/promote…
    103 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Make categories searchable

I use Outlook, for both mail, calendar and contacts, often the category labels to bring order. However these are not searchable. It's a powerful feature especially if you use it when searching. It would be nice if there is a box where you can search the category * * * * quickly by typing a few letters, especially if you use many categories.

39 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Add special characters in the "Categorize" section for color blind people.

There should be special characters that would allow you to organize your inbox like there is colors in the categorize feature for color blind people. Instead of choosing a color to have as a banner across the email it could display dots, forward slash, back slash, etc.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. When displaying any type of Outlook item in editting or reminder windows, include a field to display the account and folder the item belongs

For all Outlook windows that display an outlook item (i.e. editing and reminder windows), include a field to display the account and folder the item belongs to. This is required for users whose outlook profile contains multiple accounts.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Storage Capacity

Increase the default storage capacity.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Ability to use / select multiple categories at the same time in Outlook

It would be really useful to have the ability to select multiple Categories at the same time. Currently you can only select one at a time which means you have to go back to Categories selection to select another category. Most frustrating

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Bring back the look and feel of Outlook 2010

Outlook 2016 has lost the great UI that Outlook 2010 had. The current colors, fonts, clarity, shapes, icons, etc. are very hard to see and understand. Folders are widely space, screen real estate is squandered, and work productivity is reduced. I realize that many of the changes are to make outlook more compatible with touch screens and mobile apps. However, most Outlook users use it for WORK. We use a keyboard and mouse. We do not use touch screens, but do need Outlook to be easy on the eyes for 8+ hours per day, fast, and easy to use. We…

142 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

39 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Clone PST folder structure from an existing PST

I archive my files manually into a folder structure in offline PSTs. Further my PSTs are organized by business years such as 2018-H1, 2018-H2 and so forth. I do so to avoid my PSTs growing too large. I backup my older PSTs to an offline media at the change of every half year. Everytime I create a new PST, I have to create the folder structure manually. I want to simply clone a new PST folder structure based on an existing PST. The workaround method of import by setting date filters does not always work.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Vote without being added to an email DL

I should be able to vote to support an idea without needing to "subscribe"... I really do not want email updates, just want to know Microsoft knows that I care or support an issue. I do not mind entering email (1 email 1 vote), but do not want to get any related email.
    <note: this was only an issue when trying to vote before entering email on this site... once I posted this idea, I was able to vote without "subscribing" to updates on issues>

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Button for out of office

Please provide a button for setting out of office. easy one click "enter your message here" I always struggle to find and set an out of office reply. shouldnt be this hard.

880 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

47 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Preview Keynote documents option Needed!

I know you are at war with Apple, BUT, I think there is an opportunity to have a Preview Keynote Documents option for PCs. This would be an Epic Feature! You wouldn't even have to provide the ability to open or print the keynote. Just read and look at the sent attachment. It would be life changing for those of who work at companies that use both programs. Really something to consider in your next version of Office professionals version. Please work that out!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. can not scroll down to see the rest of the document. This is unbelievable

Make the scroll bar go down to see the rest of the document
    not a big deal !!!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Allow to configure preferences for Report Message Add-In

The Report Message Add-In can be deployed centrally but there should be a method to control the settings/preferences in it centrally. For example, set the default option for reporting preference (e.g. always send, never send, ask every time). This should be configurable somewhere (e.g. registry key, GPO, Centralized Deployment manager, Exchange Online policy, etc. The default to ask every time is not the setting we want for our organization, but there is no way currently to reconfigure the default. Please reconsider this.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Outlook for Windows (Desktop application)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base