OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook 2016 for Windows

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Account OAuth2 signin

Outlook 2016 should allow users to authenticate using OAuth2. This is the only supported option for connecting a Gmail account, and it's a lot more secure than many other authentication solutions. It would make life a lot easier, because many webmail services utilise OAuth.

119 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Started  ·  39 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Customize keyboard shortcuts including keyboard shortcuts to sort as well as move emails by date and subject in Microsoft Outlook 2016

Other Office applications allow you to customize keyboard shortcuts. So should Outlook 2016. Also provide shortcut keys to sort emails as well as move emails by date and subject. I keep using sorting by date and sort by subject frequently to read the mail history. If outlook can support shortcut keys to do sorting, it will save lots of my efforts.
    In the Reminders window, change the shortcut for snooze to ‘O’ instead of ‘S’. It will be more intuitive then a shortcut that means “Save” everything else. Also it will be much safer, because the letter S, on the…

125 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

79 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Sync text messages with Outlook

Please bring back the feature of setting up and sync SMS messages with Outlook. It would be nice to have Outlook be the hub of all communication.

135 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

47 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Still be able to make a manual exchange configuration

Outlook 2016 removes the ability to manually enter Exchange credentials. This is fine in normal operation as Autodiscover should be working but it is a pain during a migration.

Ideally, when moving to 365 or an alternate Exchange service in an SME environment, it is nice to configure all of the new profiles before switching to the new service. One can then simply tell users that on the Monday after the move they have to open "New Profile" when prompted and all of their email (which was imported over the weekend) is ready for them.

Creating the 365 (or other)…

72 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Universal Unsubscribe Button!

Please add a button that allows the user to unsubscribe from a mailing list with just one click! Instead of having to click unsubscribe/fill out the form to confirm email/uncheck mailing addresses/reply with "stop" etc, one button automatically kills that email from appearing in your inbox again. Worst case this turns into a better version of the "junk" feature and re-reroutes to an "Unsubscribed" folder/filter if it can't automatically unsubscribe for you.

47 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Use the native service authentication (like the Mobile version)

Most of my mail accounts (Outlook.com and GMail) have two factor authentication set up. It's really annoying to add them to Outlook 2016. I have to generate a app password on each of the accounts, and use them to log in.

Your mobile apps (iOS and Android) use the "native" service authentication (redirect me to the site, I log in, authorize the app and I'm good to go). I find it a much better way to log in, since I don't need to go to another site and generate a password. All I need is my phone.

69 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Started  ·  15 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
1 2 11 12 13 15 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Outlook 2016 for Windows

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base