OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook 2016 for Windows

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. multiple accounts

When having multiple Exchange accounts set up in Outlook, I would like to choose from which accounts I want to see a pop-up for new mail, or see the tasks in My tasks. Now I see a pop-up for every mail, regardless from which account it coms from.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Don't show add-ins that can't run

Outlook has now decided to use the "Suggested Meetings" add-in to tell me when it thinks I should make a meeting. However, running this just brings up a box "Sorry, we couldn't load the add-in because your version of Internet Explorer is not supported". Since it can't actually run the add-in anyway, there is not any point offering to run it.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Holiday mode with redirect to a companion in the office

put a function where we can put our mail on standby while we are out of office and we can put a partner for it to receive the emails

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. 5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Button to go into my account

I need a short way to get into my account to update my payment info, cannot find how I can do it from desktop version. Please create a button.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Allow user to silence out of office warning for a period of time, or until the defined window is up.

It's very annoying to get a yellow warning every time Out of Office is turned on. You set a start and end time knowing when those times are, why warn me every time I open Outlook that it's in effect? Very annoying and unnecessary. Allow me to acknowledge and silence the warning like you can for a calendar reminder or get rid of the warning altogether.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Provide the option to add sounds in Office 365

for office 365 and 2016. while the old sounds add in works with a workaround this should be part on the new office 365 and windows 10 build updates.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Show the login window on top of the Microsoft Outlook 2016 enabling emails to be hidden for security.

Show the login window on top of the Microsoft Outlook 2016 enabling emails to be hidden for security. Once the user has entered and validated the credentials, the emails should be revealed.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Allow more flexible choices for cache mode sync slider age limit

What I'd really like for cache mode sync slider is to either keep everything, or to keep 15 months. What is good about 15 months is that I often find myself looking back to mails I sent about a year ago for events, business processes or systems that are approximately annual. So 12 months is too little (because stuff ages out too soon), but 24 months is overkill.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Provide a feature to automatically disable email preview pop up when screen sharing is on in Microsoft Outlook 2016

There are several occasions where there are email notifications and a preview pop-up appears from the screen of the organizer. There are instances where these emails are confidential and should not be seen by the audience is calls/meetings. I was hoping for outlook functionality to automatically disable notification previews while Skype (for business) screensharing is on.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Do not let the Outlook Client update the value of a time zone on its server while editing the profile in Outlook Client

Provide a feature that could distinguish the types of mailboxes and, for a room mailbox, do not let the Outlook Client update a time zone in Outlook Client. The location of room mailboxes is fixed, and thus its time zone does not need to be updated.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Add "Millimeters" to table measurements options.

In Outlook 2016 "Table properties" windows, the only options are "Inches" & "Percentage", Please add an option to use "Millimeters" as it is used in most of the world countries.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Provide a feature to use right click button on mouse to change mail thread order in Microsoft Outlook 2016

Provide a feature to use right click button of mouse to change mail thread order in Microsoft Outlook 2016 rather than going to view tab, then select.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Provide an option of navigating back to the email message rather than going to the main Microsoft Outlook 2016 window.

Provide an option of navigating back to the email message from which the email attachment was opened rather than going to the main Microsoft Outlook 2016 window after closing the attachment.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Kindly Include currency symbols in Microsoft Outlook 2016 for better functionality.

Kindly Include currency symbols in Microsoft Outlook 2016 for better functionality and adaptability in communications.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. UPN or Primary address Automation

Whenever a user's UPN, Primary address changes the outlook profiles remain using the old UPN or Primary address showing up as the Sent from by default an option for select FROM to change the new Primary address exists on a per email or per reply basis. Why not make this change an automated feature across board? when the Primary address changes Outlook is unable to pick up this change unless you create a new outlook profile and add your account using the new address. Will you ever make this automated?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Provide an option to create a UPS shipment add-in for Microsoft Outlook 2016

Provide an option to create a UPS shipment add-in for Microsoft Outlook 2016.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Provide an option to display the Quick Access Toolbar even when the Auto Hide option is selected for the Ribbon in Microsoft Outlook 2016.

Provide an option to display the Quick Access Toolbar even when the Auto Hide option is selected for the Ribbon in Microsoft Outlook 2016 as it would provide easy access to Quick Access Toolbar and can be customized for enhanced functionality.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Outlook 2016 for Windows

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base