OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook 2016 for Windows

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Flagged emails should not be yellow in inbox in Microsoft Outlook 2016

Flagged emails should not be defaulted to yellow highlight as well as the red flag. This should be an optional function turned on/off or provide an option to make it an optional feature.

371 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

138 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback.

While the majority of customers have given us positive feedback on highlighting of flagged items to help them stand out better in the message list, we also realize that this visual treatment may not work as well for users who make heavier use of specific types of flags to schedule their follow ups.

We are working on adding an option to allow users to disable highlighting for flagged items, and expect it to become available to monthly channel users in coming months.

2. Include Additional theme options in order to provide a more pleasing color scheme

The provided color schemes make it very difficult to distinguish folders

456 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

46 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Email Signature Sync across devices

It would be great if Outlook sync'd your email signature across multiple devices so that you only have to set or update it once.

7,867 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

862 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Provide ability to change the color of the reading pane or set background and text color for the reading pane

The dark theme is great in Outlook, however the inability to change the background and text color of the reading pane make it almost painful.

It would be fantastic to have the ability to configure the default CSS for the reading pain and text/html therein.

678 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

70 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Get rid of yellow background highlight on flagged messages or allow it to be disabled

The new Outlook update puts a yellow background highlight on flagged messages. It is awful to look at an inbox full of yellow highlights. Please remove this highlighting or allow it to be disabled.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Outlook should remember its windows sizes and positions

When I open a new Windows inside Outlook for e.g. the Calendar or Tasks, pick a position for it and resize it according to my needs, it should be saved, so once those windows are closed and then reopened, I don't need to do this again.

An older Office Version had this feature, but it seems to have been removed.

Some details on this can be found here, please read the last statement from Jennifer from Microsoft.
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/msoffice_outlook-mso_win10-mso_o365b/outlook-2016-open-in-new-window-doesnt-remember/62ef3d99-aeaa-4575-b033-fdee697421ff

67 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Spell check in automatic replies

Please include spell checking function when authoring your automatic replies (out of office). There is currently no spell check running there.

32 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Provide an option or feature to color code different email accounts in Microsoft Outlook 2016

Provide an option or feature to color code different email accounts in Microsoft Outlook 2016. In WIndows Live, we use to be able to color code the different email accounts we had on the desktop version. I want the same ability for the outlook desktop version.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. The ribbion tool bar

The ribbon tool bar is too large and taking up too much of my screen. Also the icons on the ribbon bar are too large. The colour range does not have enough choice. The older ribbon bar was much better on office 2010 and has gone south in my opinion. I hate the new ribbon bar and the feel of the system. The system is not an improvement over office 2010

126 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

36 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Add Clip Arts to Outlook 2016

Please add Clip Arts to Outlook 2016

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. The "Keyboard Shortcuts: Customize Button" in Outlook 2016

Office programs allow users to customize keyboard shortcuts in the "Customize the Ribbon" dialog window. Why doesn't Outlook? The "Keyboard Shortcuts: Customize" button is missing.

32 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Allow to "Customize the Ribbon" with drag/drop to improve it.

When the "Customize the Ribbon" dialog box is open, I should be able to click and drag on the buttons in the actual ribbon of the normal Outlook button to rearrange the buttons. The current Ribbon Customize interface is not very intuitive and many ribbon sections cannot be customized further. For example the "Respond" section, or "Delete" section have a specific group of buttons. I can change the location of the group, but I cannot add/remove buttons within the group.

Also in the earlier builds of Outlook you can easily customize ribbon from the right-click context menu, and the ability…

37 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Add sub-subject

add sub-subject to let original subject without change
    this will keep arranged by conversation as it (original subject) and let who need to amend the subject in new field

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Provide a feature or an option of a shortcut for the Message Recall function in Microsoft Outlook 2016

Un raccourcis sur la fonction rappeler un message ne serait vraiment pas du luxe :(

A shortcut on the function recall a message would not really be luxury :(

La fonction existe depuis toujours mais elle est quasi introuvable y compris en passant par l’aide en ligne … et rappeler un email est une demande régulière.

The function has always existed, but it is almost impossible to find even by using the online help ... and remembering an email is a regular request.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Please bring back the classic theme and more colors in Outlook 2016

Please bring back the classic themes for Office 2016 like we had in Outlook 2003 and 2007. I

I use the classic theme in Windows 7 and I would prefer to use that, than the current 4 themes currently provided in Office 2016.

Why do I want this feature to come back? The classic theme is much easier on my eyes than the themes offered currently in Office 2016.

Also, you must have more options to add color in outlook! I loved the dashboard of office 2007 and just upgraded to 2016 and it seems so sterile!

Thanks,
    Chris

101 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

25 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Allow for rules to be executed after x number of days

Add a new rule criteria that would allow rule actions to be performed after certain number of days.

Ex. Move emails from HelpDesk@123.com to Helpdesk folder after 2 days of email date

Ex. Delete emails from NotMyBoss@123.com after 15 days of emailed date.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Provide an option to schedule Out of Office replies for multiple holidays / events in advance

Currently I can only schedule my out of office for one occasion. Allow an option to pre-schedule multiple occasions. For example On July 3rd, when I set it up for 4th of July, allow me to schedule it for the Labor Day, Columbus Day, Thanks Giving, Christmas, etc. That way I can set them up when I am not very busy. Also, provide an option to activate / deactivate them. We have 10 or so holidays, so allow a few more and provide 15+ schedule alternatives. Note: I think the common holidays should be default for everybody.

280 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Allow changing of IMAP email address

Before updating Outlook, was I able to easily change the email address for an IMAP account. With the latest update, the ability to change the email address on the account was removed and replaced with a static label. Please bring back the ability to change the email address, I use it frequently!

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. How about fixing Outlook so that it retains the selected options!!!

How about fixing Outlook so that it retains the selected options!!!

59 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 13 14
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base