OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook 2016 for Windows

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Groups  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Show Teams Channels in Outlook Groups in Outlook 2016

Presently, the Groups folders only shows conversations in the "General" Teams channel. Please provide functionality to display other channels and their conversations. Also provide the ability to drag/drop move/copy selected messages (single or multiple) from any folder in any store in Outlook to/from a Channel with appropriate confirmation prompts such as, "You are about to move X item(s) to/from 'Group Name/Channel Name'. Is this correct?".

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Groups  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Groups Contacts feature that links with SharePoint Contacts list

We have personal contacts associated with our Outlook profile, but we need a Groups Contacts feature that is tied/linked with a SharePoint Contacts list (like Groups Files are a SharePoint Document library). We also need the ability to drag/drop move/copy selected contacts (single/multiple) between our Outlook profile and the Groups Contact list with appropriate confirmation prompts such as, "You are about to move/copy X contact(s) to group 'Group Name'. Is this correct?".

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. AVOIR ACCES AUX PROPRIETES DU CONTACT EN CLIQUANT SUR SA FICHE pour modifier

actuellement c impossible, on ne peut accéder aux propriétés du contact que lorsque il apparaît dans la liste dispo à partir de groupe insérer des membres SAUF QUE il n'y apparait pas alors qu'il est enregistré de manière identique aux autres, je voudrai donc essayer de voir et corriger peut être quelque chose MAIS NON çà ne me laisse pas passer.
    DONC rendre l'accès aux contacts simple, comme cela était avec 2003 par exemple.
    Ensuite, il nous demande le type de classement que l'on veut, mais Outlook fait sa sauce, il classe par ordre alpha des prénoms, super facile pour…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. why does the chime still alert me to an email even though it goes to my filtered junk folder? Shouldn't the filter precede the chime

why does the chime still alert me to an email even though it goes to my filtered junk folder? Shouldn't the filter precede the chime

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Add ability to edit distribution lists inside Outlook 16.x for Mac

If I want to edit a distribution list in Outlook for Mac, I need to open Outlook Web Access (owa) to manage the group. Distribution list maintenance is a daily activity in a company, seems like it's high time this was made super-easy and put into the Outlook client natively.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Provide or add a feature to send Group Calendar event to invite selected attendee instead of to send to all members of the group

Provide or add a feature to send Group Calendar event to invite selected attendee instead of to send to all members of the group in Microsoft Outlook 2016.

O365 Group Calendar -> Invite Attendees -> click to plus sign to remove some user from TO -> send event to selected user.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Return the Delete Groupings instead of doing it individually. Allow deleted folder to automatically delete upon closing

Return the Delete Groupings instead of doing it individually. Allow deleted folder to automatically delete upon closing

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. "ms-exch-co-managed-by-link"

In the address book with an Outlook-365 and less, the properties of a group show only the owner of the group "Managed-by" field of the active directory in a vector view but it is a single value. With Exchange server, another vector field is use for other owners "ms-Exch-Co-Managed-By-Link". Since Outllook 2003, that error still the same. The only way to see Owners of a group is in OWA options Group or modify the group Template in exchange server
    My need, show the value of the field "Ms-Exch-Co-Managed-By-Lind" in the group properties in the address book of Outlook and if…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Just let me move the Groups somewhere besides the very bottom!

I don't use the search folders, "scheduled", RSS subscriptions (really?) or conversation history. I rarely look at the outbox. I can move every other folder up or down the list. Why can't I move the groups folder as well? I bet you had to devise some extra code just to make it do that and keep it from acting like the other folders. Just eliminate that code and let it be placed where we want it please.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Turn off message preview window in Groups

I do not understand why Groups are treated differently than the Inbox. For security purposes, I would like to remove the message preview window, but there is no option.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Provide an option to delete a thread in conversation in the Outlook Groups in Outlook 2016

it would be great if we can delete a thread in conversation in Outlook Groups. Not just the whole conversation. This can be done on web access.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Groups  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Create a Distribution Group from a Category in Microsoft Outlook 2016

An option to easily create a Distribution List or Contact Group from an existing Category - without having to enter each contact (Add Members) one at a time.

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Groups  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Provide a feature to find all groups with specific member

At the moment, there does not appear to be any method of finding what email groups a given contact is a member of.

This then causes issues if you need to change the contact's membership (eg if a person leaves an organisation and is replaced by someone else).

Deleting the contact just throws an error when you send an email to a group they were a member of; without knowing which contact no longer exists!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Group messages: have a feature to mark who has replied to the message and who hasn't so that you can track who you still need an answer from

group messages: when you send a group message, have a feature to mark who has replied to the message and who hasn't so that you can track who you still need an answer from.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Groups  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Cut and paste from mail groups to other mail groups

I understand from my review of the MS knowledge base and from an online chat session that there is no way to cut/copy from one mail list/group and paste into another mail list/group. This would be a very convenient feature. Currently I have a rather large list that has been built up over time. But, it has become too large for my email software (Outlook or my ISP, I don’t know which is the limiting factor), and group emails using this group are now rejected. So I have to create two mail groups from the one. And there doesn’t seem…

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Show Attachments from External Senders in ProPlus installation

Currently attachments from external senders don't show in Group Conversations under a ProPlus installation, and in order to see them you must forward the email, and pull them from the new message window. This is an absurd requirement, and absolutely should be resolved. The issue is not present in click-to-run installations.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Bring Back Group Contact Emails in the search email address history

Group contacts are no longer being remembered in the last email history. Every time I send to a group I have to search for the email in my contacts list because Outlook is not remembering it any longer. Just started on 11/15/17.

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Groups  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Group manage tab

A tab to quickly see and manage all group email recipients

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Sort Groups messages the same order as the rest of the email

It is really confusing to have email sorted by newest first, and groups to be sorted by newest last. Please at least make it configurable, and consider make it the default. It is bad enough that email isn't ordered the same way on different devices.

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Groups  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Outlook 2016 for Windows

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base