OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Windows (Desktop application)

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Outlook task list should show day of week in additon to date

Would like to see day of week (i.e. Monday) next to task date when tasks are grouped by date. Using the task group by date view helps the user see future tasks and the day of the week they are scheduled. Some things tasks tend to be business days and others are weekend dates.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Tasks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Outlook 2016 load time issue

Initial loading of outlook 2016 since the last update has increased 4 times. In other words it usually only took 2 seconds once clicked to open & fully load, but now it takes 15 seconds which is very very slow. Please check and fix.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tasks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Tasks list show email attachment date

the task list should show the flagged email date when hover the mouse on it. It shows the task start date and end date but not the email date.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Show a count for a list of tasks you have in your To-Do list of Outlook 2016

Show a count for a list of tasks you have in your To-Do list of Outlook 2016

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Provide an option in outlook tasks to subtasks and contact association in Outlook 2016

Please add the ability to create sub-tasks in Outlook and also add the ability to associate a task with a contact w/o sending the task to that person in Exchange.

116 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Tasks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Improvements to Task Quick View in Outlook 2016

The task quick view (4th of 5 icons in the bottom left corner) could benefit from a few small improvements that greatly improve productivity.

1. I should be able to mark tasks done just from the quick view

2. I should be able to multi-select and bulk edit these tasks through a right click

3. Clicking on the task title should take me to the email associated with it

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Tasks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Provide a timeline view that shows each main task and child task in details categorized based on color in Microsoft Outlook 2016

Provide a timeline view that shows each main task and child task in details categorized based on color in Microsoft Outlook 2016. Timeline view that show each main task and capability to view child task in details. Each task line colored based on nearest to the dateline e.g green, yellow and red.

Also, for those of us that like to time-block and change the color once a task is complete: Provide an option to change the category color of just one item in a reoccurring series vs. the entire series.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Shared Task Folder Naming Updates to Recipients

When I create a new shared task folder in tasks, if I rename it after sharing it, the original recipients do not see my name change. They have to rename it themselves on their side or delete the share and have me resend it after my changes. Why can't the changes sync to all who have the shared folder?

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Put back the ability to add your own autocorrect entries

I frequently mistype words which aren't in autocorrect and I used to be able to add these to make my slow typing a little faster. I also used to love to add short abbreviations for long technical terms or frequently used phrases. This facility has vanished from Word and Outlook and I'd love to see them back

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Have a set row in today task view.

I think it would be helpful to have a set row at the bottom of the today task view. This set row would show totals for such columns as total and actual work for the day. How many tasks you have today etc.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Create a task for a certain employee but have the option to CC in other managers to track progress also

I need to create a task for a certain employee but I also need to add other managers in so they can also track that certain employee's "efforts". I don't need to task the other managers.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Make the update for Windows 10 (I updated on Nov,29th 2017) the outlook and power point work correctly. I think it would be a good idea. For

For instance: Power point: inserting slides from another file (Keep source formatting does not have an impact whatsoever ). Making an Email to a Task renders the Email unaccesible by saying " You do not have access". I ha ve never changed any access rights on my PC nor anybody else. Please make the basics work before you do anything new! How about that as an idea!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. task dependencies

Allow to define dependencies for Outlook Tasks

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Countdown Timer

I suggest a countdown timer that can sit minimized on a windows desktop, giving a customizeable countdown clock.

I'm a terrible procrastinator (I should have asked for this years ago) and one way to keep my attention focused on tasks is to have a list of tasks, a due date and a countdown timer to display time remaining until the project is due. That way I could enter a due date for a specific task, and receive alerts as time ticked away: weekly, monthly, hourly. For me and my team.

For regular, day to day throughput, I'd benefit from a…

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Tasks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Remind pending tasks before exiting

I need outlook to remind me of the pending tasks if there are any before exiting the application when I click the exit button.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Please bring back the TASK FlAG reading pane view when single clicking on it

Why I can not view my flagged email content or TASK on reading pane by single click on it?

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Link task created Sharepoint Notebook to Sharepoint Task List

Have a SharePoint Workspace that have a task list & OneNote notebook. When I create meeting notes with linked outlook tasks, I would like the ability to put the tasks created from OneNote to the Workspace task list.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Bring back the Mark Complete button on the Task reminder window.

It is too cumbersome to right click the tiny line of the task in the Reminder window, and then the mouse often drifts to the Delete Item instead. I am not a procrastinator, and most of the time my tasks are complete before the reminder appears. There used to be a Mark Complete button right there, that made it much easier to complete the task and remove the reminder.

41 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Tasks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Kanban View for Outlook Tasks

Include a Save and New button to allow for easy entry of multiple items.

Also, It would be great if there were a better way to organize outlook tasks into something more like a Kanban board. The columns in the Kanban could be predefined and selectable by Assigned To, Status, or a Category. This would something better than the raw list.

44 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Tasks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Ability to set Task durations, and Calendar suggests tasks based on availability and duration

Ability to set an estimated duration for a Task (perhaps with ability to set a default time and quickly change), and then have the Calendar suggest Tasks you could work on when it sees you have the appropriate amount of time open in your calendar.

37 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Outlook for Windows (Desktop application)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base