OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook 2016 for Windows

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add a search option for items that are expired

Please consider adding an option to search for items that are marked as expired from a retention policy under the "+ More" search options. The option to search for items that are expiring in a time period are helpful, but I believe it would add even more value to the search to be able to pull up expired items.

Thanks!

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow deletion of emails from search results

It would be mighty useful to be able to delete emails from search results. I was able to do this is older versions. Also there is currently no way to select all emails from a search result on the portal. If you have hundreds of emails to delete it cannot be done via the portal. Please add a select all function to the email search results. Thanks

31 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add the ability to filter out Drafts in Emails that was sent if they were combined in a single folder.

a PSTfile can contain thousands of drafts and sent Email, especially in the purges, filtering them out manually can prove to be a tedious tas, so far I couldn't find a filter or a query that can filter out drafts or Emails that has not been actually sent apart from the actual search items.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Provide the ability for "search folders" to combine/aggregate the results from other "search folders".

At times combining the search criteria for "search folders" I use regularly can be become so long and complex I struggle to get the "search folder" results I need.

It would great to be able to split this complex search criteria across 2 or more "search folders" reducing the search logic complexity for those individual "search folders" and have the ability for another "search folder" to simply aggregate the results of those less complex and more easily maintained search folders.

While there are good tools to build complex search criteria for "search folders", there are certainly some limitations. Thanks!

41 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Provide a feature to add an internal subject matter to track emails with relevance not stated in subject line in Microsoft Outlook 2016

For example, I am an accountant. Many of our clients are large families and we communicate with their financial advisor only. We receive email updates throughout the year related to multiple family members. The subject line the advisor chooses may be the family's last name but the subject matter within the email may be multiple things such as estimated taxes and changes to payments, letters from governmental agencies, new addresses, purchases and sales, etc. The problem I have is by the time we are ready to prepare a tax return in October we may have 15 emails out of 150…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Provide a feature to display symbols showing which emails have been replied to or forwarded in Microsoft Outlook 2016

Provide a feature to display symbols showing which emails have been replied to or forwarded in Microsoft Outlook 2016 when displaying search results. {Display using symbols (purple left-pointing arrow / blue right-pointing arrow)}

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Double click to open messages from the search results

In inbox view, a double-click on a message opens it in a new window, but not from search results.

Double click should open the message like it did in previous versions of Outlook.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Expanded Find Pane

There should be an Expanded Find Pain (like the old More) to allow searching on any field(s) especially user fields.

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Document search bar at the top of Outlook 2016

Document search bar at the top of Outlook 2016

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Mentions search folder

Mentions was a cool addition, but the feature seems incomplete if I can't create a search folder for all mentions, the same I can setup follow up and unread folders.

42 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Remove 1000 search results issue

Like the title says, Outlook does not allow me to see past 1,000 search results from my inbox. When we have emails that we would like to see from a long time ago without having to go on a "mining expedition" throughout the inbox to find them.

Not even the "SearchResultsCap" registry edit fixes this issue. Please Microsoft, fix this!

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Provide an option or flag emails withing search results in Microsoft Outlook 2016

Provide an option or flag emails withing search results in Microsoft Outlook 2016 and show the result window after search results are refreshed as well.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Provide an option to search either Focused or Other Inbox in Microsoft Outlook 2016

Provide an option search either Focused or Other Inbox in Microsoft Outlook 2016. With the prior use of moving messages to the clutter folder searching the inbox was not a problem.

31 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Button for Search Refresh

After I define a search for my Inbox (which includes only unread items and returns over 200 emails) I begin handling those emails. As I complete each email, the email message is now "read". However, it stays in the search results. From time to time, I would like to be able to hit a Search Reload/Refresh button to eliminate the now read emails from the results window. The only time that an email message seems to auto-eliminate itself from the results list is when I right-click and select Mark as Read. However, the emails that I am searching for contain…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Provide an option to Search Entire Inbox in Microsoft Outlook 2016

Provide an option to Search Entire Inbox in Microsoft Outlook 2016 or provide option or feature to display results based on ‘last quarter’, ‘this quarter’, ‘last year’, ‘this year’.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Provide a feature to search for emails based on attachment name or title in Microsoft Outlook 2016

Provide a feature to search for emails based on attachment name or title in Microsoft Outlook 2016.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Provide a feature or ability to delete email search history that is saved for what we searched our emails for in Microsoft Outlook 2016

Provide a feature or ability to delete email search history that is saved for what we searched our emails for in Microsoft Outlook 2016 as when we click on search bar, it shows everything we have searched for in the past rather provide an an option to delete that search bar history specifically, without having to delete all of search histories from my computer.

75 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

22 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Provide a feature to enable "Search Folders" for labelled tasks and calendar events in Microsoft Outlook 2016

Provide a feature to enable "Search Folders" for labelled tasks and calendar events in Microsoft Outlook 2016 according to work projects. It will also lead to avoiding use of search function for emails that have the same "Category" label and if search folder would be available for tasks (an even calendar events) as well.

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Provide a feature of Instant Search for Emails sent to a Contact Group in Microsoft Outlook 2016

Provide a feature of Instant Search for Emails sent to a Contact Group in Microsoft Outlook 2016 so we can get all the results instantly without running into different folders or search options.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Provide a feature to search for an email that contains a hyperlink in Microsoft Outlook 2016

Provide a feature to search for an email that contains a hyperlink in Microsoft Outlook 2016 .

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Outlook 2016 for Windows

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base