OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Windows (Desktop application)

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Provide an ability to navigate recent searches easily

A small arrow icon which will display my recent 10 searches will be of great help. A lot of times we search inbox with few keywords and mostly with numbers which are lengthy. Navigating through recent searches should make it easier to research and can save a lot of time.

Adding a small arrow or a Recent Searches icon just next to Search field can be easy to spot and immediate use.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. the search results may be reported latest to oldest instead oldest to latest searches

when the number of messages are huge, it is taking too much time to search the old conversations. it is because the search in indexed items are taking place from older to newer messages. it would be ideal to provide newer messages appaear first in the search results

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Fix your search in all mail boxes folder!!!! Viewing as conversations is not suitable at all!

Bring back the ability to search in all mail boxes without having to show as conversations! This is very inconvenient for business owners!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Search results view in 8625.2127 is broken

In Outlook for Windows build 8625.2127, the search results view is missing the sender. Instead of showing the sender, the results list shows nothing.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. People search issue with Turkish characters in Outlook 2016

In Turkish, instead of I-i character in English we have two different letters, İ-i, I-ı. And not like in English lowercase i does not correspond to uppercase I, both have their own uppercase and lowercase versions as you can see above.

So lets say i have a name ismail, when i write it in uppercase its written as İsmail.

During searching for people (or email etc) lets say there is a person called İsmail, of course his name is recorded into database as Ismail since we are in a international company. In a computer reigon is set as Turkey, When…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Allow user to define top result criteria, i.e. Specific Customer, Topic, and/or keyword.

Allow user to define top result criteria, i.e. Specific Customer, Topic, and/or keyword. This would aid me in searching by my specific need for top results.

The current top results does not meet my needs in any manner and I have turned it off.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Address Book should have searchable keywords

Address Book should have searchable keywords. For larger organizations, one may not know the email address for distribution groups.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Allow users to search Outlook item Type when searching in Microsoft Outlook 2016

Currently we can only Sort by Type. It would be beneficial to be able to search on type with a query such as; "type:meeting request" or "type:meeting automatic reply"

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Add search function Execute from right click

検索機能の追加 右クリックからの実行

Add search function Execute from right click

検索機能の追加 〇〇さんから来たメールの抽出を、○○さん上で右クリック→抽出 という方法にしてください。件名も同様。From;”“などで出来る ようですが、頻繁に使用する必要があるため非常に煩わしいのです。画面が検索結果に切り替わってしまう事も含めてです。 「抽出」の別Windowが立ち上がれば更に良いです。

Add search function Please extract the mail from Mr. ○ ○, right click on ○ ○ and extract it. The subject is similar. It seems that it can be done with From ;, “etc, but it is very annoying as it is necessary to use it frequently. It also includes switching the screen to search results. It is even better if another Window of “Extraction” stands up.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. "Fin related -> Messages from sender" search is incomplete

"Fin related -> Messages from sender" search is incomplete

I have 4500 emails in enterprise outlook inbox. out of nearly 2500 mails are to be deleted. When I do "Fin related -> Messages from sender", it shows only 100 results at a time and shows status (at bottom) searching... This is happening after my mailbox migrated to office 365. I did index rebuild etc... work to resolve myself but no luck. Due to security reasons I am providing personal email ID to the conversation

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Xobni plugin for Outlook 2016

We wish if i could see xobni plug in back to work within Outlook 365. it's really a very organizing and quick fetching tool. i am feeling lost since the first day we migrated to outlook 365.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. In microsoft outlook while using Ctrl + Shift + F for finding e-mails, the columns that we require the previous column does not remain fixed

In microsoft outlook while using Ctrl + Shift + F for finding e-mails, the columns that we require the previous column does not remain fixed.
    As a result, repeatedly we need to add columns which we prefer / require.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Add the ability to filter out Drafts in Emails that was sent if they were combined in a single folder.

a PSTfile can contain thousands of drafts and sent Email, especially in the purges, filtering them out manually can prove to be a tedious tas, so far I couldn't find a filter or a query that can filter out drafts or Emails that has not been actually sent apart from the actual search items.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. search current mail box size

The "search current mailbox" size in version 1812 is tiny. Allow resizing of the search box.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 3 4 6 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Outlook for Windows (Desktop application)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base