OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Windows (Desktop application)

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Category Doesn't Display In Search Results

It's important to be able to search for specific inbox content then categorize by it. The search results list doesn't reflect the category (incorrectly shows empty category for all results) so it's very difficult to do this best practice, which is called out in many forums and books, including MS content. Please fix!

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

4 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Provide a feature to search for emails based on attachment name or title in Microsoft Outlook 2016

Provide a feature to search for emails based on attachment name or title in Microsoft Outlook 2016.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Provide a feature to sort Search folders in Microsoft Outlook 2016

Provide a feature to sort Search folders in Microsoft Outlook 2016 (Smart Folders) and allow creation of sub-folders and colors.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Provide a feature to filter emails based specific date range from a person in Microsoft Outlook 2016

Provide a feature to filter emails based specific date range from a person in Microsoft Outlook 2016 for improved and more productive Search and Filter functionality.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Remove 1000 search results issue

Like the title says, Outlook does not allow me to see past 1,000 search results from my inbox. When we have emails that we would like to see from a long time ago without having to go on a "mining expedition" throughout the inbox to find them.

Not even the "SearchResultsCap" registry edit fixes this issue. Please Microsoft, fix this!

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Share the prepared personal Search-Folders with your Outlook Co-users/Assistants orenable searching of shared folders, including sub-folders

In our Company it is quite common that Assistants and Supervisors share access to one Outlook-Account.
    For the time beeing those constellations are dependant on regular folder-structures to organize one Email-Inbox as they tend to have at least the last 14 Days of emails in the inbox. Both people need a organisational guideline of emails and the (at least for us) newly introduced Search-Folders are currently "owner-only" visible.

So the suggestion is simply said that the Search-folders should as well be shared when a supervisor decides to share his inbox with his assistant. Please make this available as the search-folder-infrastructure…

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Enhance the SEARCH options to include OPERATORS such as AND, OR, BEGINS, CONTAINS, NEAR, etc.

Need the ability to use OPERATORS to help search. For example:

SEARCH: golf AND tennis
    SEARCH: golf OR tennis
    SEARCH: (golf AND tennis) OR swimming
    SEARCH: BEGINS smith (finds smith, smithfield, smithers, etd)
    SEARCH: CONTAINS oil (finds oilcloth, uncoiled, tinfoils, panbroil, etc)
    SEARCH: aword NEAR/3 bword (finds all occurances where "aword" is within 5 words of "bwork"

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Provide a feature in Search in Outlook Client app to display words using prefix as well as suffix in Microsoft Outlook 2016

Searching for part of words in mail outlook 365 The most basic way to search is by simply typing a word or phrase. Outlook uses what's call

Provide a feature in Search in Outlook Client app to display words using prefix as well as suffix in Microsoft Outlook 2016 as of now it only displays search results using prefix.

Searching for part of words in mail outlook 365

The most basic way to search is by simply typing a word or phrase. Outlook uses what's called prefix matching when you search. So if you type "ray" in the search box,…

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Save current search as a Search Folder in Outlook 2016

When running a search in the e-mail folder, you should be able to save the search query and folder setting as a Search Folder so that you can access quickly from list of search folders.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Provide a feature to display symbols showing which emails have been replied to or forwarded in Microsoft Outlook 2016

Provide a feature to display symbols showing which emails have been replied to or forwarded in Microsoft Outlook 2016 when displaying search results. {Display using symbols (purple left-pointing arrow / blue right-pointing arrow)}

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Please allow user customization of number of "Recent Searches" in Outlook 365/2016.

Please allow user customization of number of "Recent Searches" in Outlook 365/2016.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. When I using the "Quick Search", putting quotes around the phrase should result in only those word in the order "inside the quotes"

When I search for "Outlook Ideas" in the quick search:

DESIRED BEHAVIOR: Results should only include emails where the phrase "Change Request" is found.

Example Desired Results:

1. Body: "Did you complete that CHANGE REQUEST I sent to you last week?"

2. Subject Line "Questions regarding CHANGE REQUEST 1234235"

3. Attachment contains: CHANGE REQUEST

CURRENT UNDESIRED BEHAVIOR: Results include items where the word "Change" and "Request" both appear, but not necessarily sequentially or in that order. This is NOT optimal when "quotes" are used around the words.

Example UNDESIRABLE Results:

1. Subject: REQUEST to approve time off. Body "I hate…

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Universal Search for Teams and Outlook

It would be great to have a universal search box that allowed me to find all of my communication with an individual. A search box that could link me to both Microsoft Teams and Outlook results would be valuable.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. search for unanswered emails

I would like a new filter which allows me to search for unanswered emails. It happends from time to time that I'm not recieving any answer on my emalis and I would like to track these each month.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Search results including the PDF files

Search results normally not showing the PDF , that may contain the search result. Please add that feature too.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Add a search option for items that are expired

Please consider adding an option to search for items that are marked as expired from a retention policy under the "+ More" search options. The option to search for items that are expiring in a time period are helpful, but I believe it would add even more value to the search to be able to pull up expired items.

Thanks!

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Button for Search Refresh

After I define a search for my Inbox (which includes only unread items and returns over 200 emails) I begin handling those emails. As I complete each email, the email message is now "read". However, it stays in the search results. From time to time, I would like to be able to hit a Search Reload/Refresh button to eliminate the now read emails from the results window. The only time that an email message seems to auto-eliminate itself from the results list is when I right-click and select Mark as Read. However, the emails that I am searching for contain…

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Provide an option to Search Entire Inbox in Microsoft Outlook 2016

Provide an option to Search Entire Inbox in Microsoft Outlook 2016 or provide option or feature to display results based on ‘last quarter’, ‘this quarter’, ‘last year’, ‘this year’.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Disable search indexing of certain folders within a mailbox

Would like the ability to index only a subset of Outlook folders

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Outlook for Windows (Desktop application)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base