OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook 2016 for Windows

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How can we improve your Desktop Outlook 2016 experience?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Search results view in 8625.2127 is broken

In Outlook for Windows build 8625.2127, the search results view is missing the sender. Instead of showing the sender, the results list shows nothing.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Provide a feature to add an internal subject matter to track emails with relevance not stated in subject line in Microsoft Outlook 2016

For example, I am an accountant. Many of our clients are large families and we communicate with their financial advisor only. We receive email updates throughout the year related to multiple family members. The subject line the advisor chooses may be the family's last name but the subject matter within the email may be multiple things such as estimated taxes and changes to payments, letters from governmental agencies, new addresses, purchases and sales, etc. The problem I have is by the time we are ready to prepare a tax return in October we may have 15 emails out of 150…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Add the ability to filter out Drafts in Emails that was sent if they were combined in a single folder.

a PSTfile can contain thousands of drafts and sent Email, especially in the purges, filtering them out manually can prove to be a tedious tas, so far I couldn't find a filter or a query that can filter out drafts or Emails that has not been actually sent apart from the actual search items.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Document search bar at the top of Outlook 2016

Document search bar at the top of Outlook 2016

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Provide an option or flag emails withing search results in Microsoft Outlook 2016

Provide an option or flag emails withing search results in Microsoft Outlook 2016 and show the result window after search results are refreshed as well.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Provide a feature to search for emails based on attachment name or title in Microsoft Outlook 2016

Provide a feature to search for emails based on attachment name or title in Microsoft Outlook 2016.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Button for Search Refresh

After I define a search for my Inbox (which includes only unread items and returns over 200 emails) I begin handling those emails. As I complete each email, the email message is now "read". However, it stays in the search results. From time to time, I would like to be able to hit a Search Reload/Refresh button to eliminate the now read emails from the results window. The only time that an email message seems to auto-eliminate itself from the results list is when I right-click and select Mark as Read. However, the emails that I am searching for contain…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Provide a feature to sort Search folders in Microsoft Outlook 2016

Provide a feature to sort Search folders in Microsoft Outlook 2016 (Smart Folders) and allow creation of sub-folders and colors.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Provide a feature to use "Special" characters in "Search" field in Microsoft Outlook 2016 when searching

Provide a feature to use "Special" characters in "Search" field in Microsoft Outlook 2016 when searching.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Provide a feature of Instant Search for Emails sent to a Contact Group in Microsoft Outlook 2016

Provide a feature of Instant Search for Emails sent to a Contact Group in Microsoft Outlook 2016 so we can get all the results instantly without running into different folders or search options.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Instant Search popup should contain a link to where to find more information

I click the button for Instant Search. A popup shows up telling me that Windows Search service is not installed. It is not clear what it means to "see the Help included with your version of Microsoft Windows". The popup should be clearer, and/or a link should be in the popup for more information of how to set it up.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. People search issue with Turkish characters in Outlook 2016

In Turkish, instead of I-i character in English we have two different letters, İ-i, I-ı. And not like in English lowercase i does not correspond to uppercase I, both have their own uppercase and lowercase versions as you can see above.

So lets say i have a name ismail, when i write it in uppercase its written as İsmail.

During searching for people (or email etc) lets say there is a person called İsmail, of course his name is recorded into database as Ismail since we are in a international company. In a computer reigon is set as Turkey, When…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Provide an option of keeping the the selected email in view when we exit the search in Microsoft Outlook 2016

Provide an option of keeping the the selected email in view when we exit the search in Microsoft Outlook 2016.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. search current mail box size

The "search current mailbox" size in version 1812 is tiny. Allow resizing of the search box.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)