OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook 2016 for Windows

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How can we improve your Desktop Outlook 2016 experience?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. search box in outlook 2016

When adding individual search boxes by subject, sent, folder, body, attachments, etc, these are added vertically in a column and end up taking a log of vertical screen space, and leaving a lot of unused screen space to their left. It would be preferable to optimize the use of screen space, and allow the user to move the individual search boxes around (up,down, left, right) afterwards, as needed.

Also, make the search box a little bit bigger.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

6 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add search function Execute from right click

検索機能の追加 右クリックからの実行

Add search function Execute from right click

検索機能の追加 〇〇さんから来たメールの抽出を、○○さん上で右クリック→抽出 という方法にしてください。件名も同様。From;”“などで出来る ようですが、頻繁に使用する必要があるため非常に煩わしいのです。画面が検索結果に切り替わってしまう事も含めてです。 「抽出」の別Windowが立ち上がれば更に良いです。

Add search function Please extract the mail from Mr. ○ ○, right click on ○ ○ and extract it. The subject is similar. It seems that it can be done with From ;, “etc, but it is very annoying as it is necessary to use it frequently. It also includes switching the screen to search results. It is even better if another Window of “Extraction” stands up.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. "Fin related -> Messages from sender" search is incomplete

"Fin related -> Messages from sender" search is incomplete

I have 4500 emails in enterprise outlook inbox. out of nearly 2500 mails are to be deleted. When I do "Fin related -> Messages from sender", it shows only 100 results at a time and shows status (at bottom) searching... This is happening after my mailbox migrated to office 365. I did index rebuild etc... work to resolve myself but no luck. Due to security reasons I am providing personal email ID to the conversation

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Please add preview capability for emails in a search result list.

When I get a list of email from a search it would be nice to be able to preview them moving up and down the result list instead of needing to open them. Even though you can sort the results by subject it would save a lot of time to be able to view contents of the email in an embedded window which could be turned on or off. Thanks.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Provide a feature in Search in Outlook Client app to display words using prefix as well as suffix in Microsoft Outlook 2016

Searching for part of words in mail outlook 365 The most basic way to search is by simply typing a word or phrase. Outlook uses what's call

Provide a feature in Search in Outlook Client app to display words using prefix as well as suffix in Microsoft Outlook 2016 as of now it only displays search results using prefix.

Searching for part of words in mail outlook 365

The most basic way to search is by simply typing a word or phrase. Outlook uses what's called prefix matching when you search. So if you type "ray" in the search box,…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Share the prepared personal Search-Folders with your Outlook Co-users/Assistants orenable searching of shared folders, including sub-folders

In our Company it is quite common that Assistants and Supervisors share access to one Outlook-Account.
    For the time beeing those constellations are dependant on regular folder-structures to organize one Email-Inbox as they tend to have at least the last 14 Days of emails in the inbox. Both people need a organisational guideline of emails and the (at least for us) newly introduced Search-Folders are currently "owner-only" visible.

So the suggestion is simply said that the Search-folders should as well be shared when a supervisor decides to share his inbox with his assistant. Please make this available as the search-folder-infrastructure…

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. search all outlook items default

In search options, currently you can set the default "Include results only from:" to one of; Current Folder, Current Folder. Current mailbox when searching from the inbox, Current mailbox or All mailboxes. However all of these defaults only search the item type pertinent to the folder in which the search is initiated. For example, if you initiate a search in the inbox folder, only email are searched for, in contacts only contacts etc. This means that to search all outlook items you have to search from inbox only and then pull down to select each time you search, which is…

40 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Recherche d'un courriel dans une Cie et ajouter un filtre pour un item spécifique

Lorsque je cherche quelque chose dans une banque par exemple, et que je veux trouver un item de cette banque comme le nom d'une Cie ou un certain formulaire rempli plusieurs années avant.
    Il serait bien de pouvoir faire une recherche dans "Banque ABC" et une deuxième comme "Déclaration". Il en ressortirait tous les déclarations de cette Banque ABC. J'aurais pu faire trier par À mais s'il y a eu plusieurs personnes dans cette même Banque, ça devient impossible.
    DONC plusieurs filtre pour les recherches serait bien.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Save current search as a Search Folder in Outlook 2016

When running a search in the e-mail folder, you should be able to save the search query and folder setting as a Search Folder so that you can access quickly from list of search folders.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Xobni plugin for Outlook 2016

We wish if i could see xobni plug in back to work within Outlook 365. it's really a very organizing and quick fetching tool. i am feeling lost since the first day we migrated to outlook 365.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. I NEED TO FIND A CONTACT IN MY COMPUTER BY SEARCHING A WORD OR NAME IN MY NOTES ON THAT CONTACT

Search doesn't find the most relevant information and shows emails that do not include the words searched for, this should be changed to allow ease of access.

I NEED TO FIND A CONTACT IN MY COMPUTER BY SEARCHING A WORD OR NAME IN MY NOTES ON THAT CONTACT.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Allow deletion of emails from search results

It would be mighty useful to be able to delete emails from search results. I was able to do this is older versions. Also there is currently no way to select all emails from a search result on the portal. If you have hundreds of emails to delete it cannot be done via the portal. Please add a select all function to the email search results. Thanks

30 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Category Doesn't Display In Search Results

It's important to be able to search for specific inbox content then categorize by it. The search results list doesn't reflect the category (incorrectly shows empty category for all results) so it's very difficult to do this best practice, which is called out in many forums and books, including MS content. Please fix!

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Provide the ability for "search folders" to combine/aggregate the results from other "search folders".

At times combining the search criteria for "search folders" I use regularly can be become so long and complex I struggle to get the "search folder" results I need.

It would great to be able to split this complex search criteria across 2 or more "search folders" reducing the search logic complexity for those individual "search folders" and have the ability for another "search folder" to simply aggregate the results of those less complex and more easily maintained search folders.

While there are good tools to build complex search criteria for "search folders", there are certainly some limitations. Thanks!

31 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Subfolder search bar in Outlook 2016

A search bar that enables you to search through your sub folder.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. When I using the "Quick Search", putting quotes around the phrase should result in only those word in the order "inside the quotes"

When I search for "Outlook Ideas" in the quick search:

DESIRED BEHAVIOR: Results should only include emails where the phrase "Change Request" is found.

Example Desired Results:
    1. Body: "Did you complete that CHANGE REQUEST I sent to you last week?"
    2. Subject Line "Questions regarding CHANGE REQUEST 1234235"
    3. Attachment contains: CHANGE REQUEST

CURRENT UNDESIRED BEHAVIOR: Results include items where the word "Change" and "Request" both appear, but not necessarily sequentially or in that order. This is NOT optimal when "quotes" are used around the words.

Example UNDESIRABLE Results:
    1. Subject: REQUEST to approve time off. Body "I hate…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Provide a feature or ability to delete email search history that is saved for what we searched our emails for in Microsoft Outlook 2016

Provide a feature or ability to delete email search history that is saved for what we searched our emails for in Microsoft Outlook 2016 as when we click on search bar, it shows everything we have searched for in the past rather provide an an option to delete that search bar history specifically, without having to delete all of search histories from my computer.

57 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

22 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Mentions search folder

Mentions was a cool addition, but the feature seems incomplete if I can't create a search folder for all mentions, the same I can setup follow up and unread folders.

37 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Don't let Outlook get messed up by Windows update!

After updating Windows the search function in Outlook doesn't work anymore. I'm spending time searching online for a solution which I SHOULD NOT HAVE TO DO since I paid for this software and it required me to update.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Expanded Find Pane

There should be an Expanded Find Pain (like the old More) to allow searching on any field(s) especially user fields.

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Outlook 2016 for Windows

Feedback and Knowledge Base