OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook 2016 for Windows

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How can we improve your Desktop Outlook 2016 experience?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Enable an option to display declined meetings

Enable an option to display declined meetings in teh calendar (in settings). Often initially one is not available for a meeting, but then due to changes of schedule might be able to join, but since that meeting is not displayed in calendar, simply forgets about that. I found that option very helpful in Google mail that we used up to now in the company.

2,516 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

227 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add BCC, CC as well as FYI field to meeting requests in Outlook 2016

I would like the option to send meetings requests with BCC, CC so all information about all invitees is not shared with everyone that is invited

Also, Outlook calendar entries need BCC, CC – without showing these!

2,549 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

266 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi everyone,

Thank you for providing a clear signal that we should prioritize this new feature.

We are planning to support this feature in Outlook for Office 365 subscribers. We will share an updated status when engineering work for this feature begins.

Thanks again and please feel free to continue up-voting and commenting on this suggestions.

3. Change ownership of calendar event in Outlook 2016

Sometimes the owner of a meeting (or, more often, meeting series) is on vacation or changes jobs; it would be nice if they could assign ownership of an instance (for vacation) or the full series (for job changes) to someone else. Also provide an option to create a meeting on someone's behalf without being included in the meeting.

1,674 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

194 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Please give us back the opportunity to categorize meetings with different colours

Please give us back the opportunity to categorize meetings with different colours

99 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Ability to get the count of attendees invited/declined/accepted/busy in Microsoft Outlook 2016

Want number/quantity of attendees invited/declined/accepted/busy to meeting/appointment in scheduling assistant. Also there should be a possibility to highlight the row for a selected meeting attendee in the Outlook scheduling assistant. This will improve the readability: when scheduling with lots of attendees, it’s hard to discern which person is unavailable when all you see are blobs of blue with no name connected to them. Allow the feature of busy search to identify users that are tied up with meetings and appointments as well.

Provision of a button on the invite listing names and titles plus how they are connected on an…

230 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Contact ONLY Individuals who have not replied to a meeting request

You should be able to (under tracking) easily email or reach out to those who have not responded to an outlook invite to a meeting request. The only way I see it can be done now, is to hand extract those individuals and resend a new meeting request.

104 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Increase the number of color options in the Outlook Calendar palette from 9 to 16-25, increase contrast, and allow user editing of colors.

I find that I cannot change the color of agenda items or calendar items for my email accounts in Microsoft Outlook. I use various Android apps on my tablet and phone, that allow me to show Agenda items and Calendar items. If I use gmail, I can easily select a color, whereas with Outlook accounts I cannot change the color to suit my preferences. Also provide an option or feature to set different events with different colors in Calendar as well as in Categories in Microsoft Outlook 2016.

1,015 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

83 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Recurring Calendar meeting changes should not change meetings that have already taken place

Do not change the history of meetings that have already occurred when make changes to a recurring meeting for future dates.

297 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Outlook Meeting Response Option of "INFORMATION ONLY"

Meetings as FYI Only -

Please add a fourth meeting response option such as "Information Only" which automatically responds "Decline" but leaves the meeting info on your calendar. The meeting response would also automatically show the calendar as "FREE" with "No Reminder". This allows the user to change their response without having to sift through deleted emails or respond tentative leaving others to guess as to your meeting participation when you have no intention of going at all.

317 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. A series of recurring past appointments should not be changed just because I change the end date or the number of appointments.

I am a Business English Trainer working in Germany and my calendar is always full of recurring appointments. Often my clients need to change a single appointment to another day or to cancel it completely. They nearly always have a set amount of weeks in which their training lasts. Therefore, if a lesson is cancelled in advance, the total amount of appointments must remain the same but only the end date changes. Whenever I try to change the end date, the whole series must be reset and then past changes (such as changing a single appointment from a Tuesday to…

244 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Decline but not participating

Today we can only chose from "Accept", "Tentative" or "Decline" when somebody propses or invites to a meeting. A lot of times you need to know about the meeting and get the meeting notes but not participate, for ex. for exacuative people, people in a high leadership role etc. My suggestion is that we have a "Decline not participating" option so that we still have the meeting in or calenders, get the meeting notes, updates for next meeting etc.

106 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Start appointments and meetings delayed

Since Januar 2019 we have the calendar options to end an appointment early. It would be nice to also delay the start time by e.g. 5 minutes.

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Please highlight the day of the week in the calendar

I would like the day of the week to be highlighted across the column. I would also like the hour to have an indicator line going across this hour through the days of the week.

97 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. please put the category aspect back so you can color code the calendar

please put the category aspect back so you can color code the calendar

34 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Provide a feature or option to assign colors to Calendars in Microsoft Outlook 2016

This is not for the "categories" for color-coding each entry... those haven't really changed, and although I would love more color options, it works. BUT, I'm really sad that the new "Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2016" Outlook calendar color options have been severely reduced and honestly folks, these colors are sad. Get rid of pink. Forever. Or make it the 30th choice. So hard to look at. We need more than 9 options... I regularly have far more than 9 calendars open and need to be able to quickly differentiate. It is nice that you can now dedicate a specific…

278 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

51 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Allow you to change the background color of appointments in the calendar

Allow you to change the background color of each appointment in the calendar (allow multiple colors on the same calendar)

45 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Add voting buttons in meeting request in Outlook 2016.

Add voting buttons in meeting request in Outlook 2016. It is very handy to have a voting button so the meeting organizer can receive responses for the votes along with accept/decline!

53 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Copy an existing meeting into a new meeting

Allow the copying of an existing meeting into a new meeting that can be edited for content, attendees, time, etc., and then sent. This dramatically decreases the work effort of scheduling meetings and reduces friction between your users and the software.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Automatically add signatures to invitations

Like new messages and replies, have the option to include a signature to meeting invitations automatically.

31 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Family Calendars cannot be updated from Outlook Desktop

Using Outlook 2016 for Windows, I cannot add or update events to my Outlook.com family calendar.

168 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

35 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The Outlook team is working on this update. We will add support for adding and updating events on family calendars as part of an overall improvement to shared calendars in Outlook.

We will post a subsequent status update when the shared calendar improvements are available for you to use in Outlook. Our current ETA is to begin releasing to subscription customers who are using Outlook 2016 this summer (July 2018).

← Previous 1 3 4 5 43 44
  • Don't see your idea?

Outlook 2016 for Windows

Feedback and Knowledge Base