OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook 2016 for Windows

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Flagged emails should not be yellow in inbox in Microsoft Outlook 2016

Flagged emails should not be defaulted to yellow highlight as well as the red flag. This should be an optional function turned on/off or provide an option to make it an optional feature.

367 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

138 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback.

While the majority of customers have given us positive feedback on highlighting of flagged items to help them stand out better in the message list, we also realize that this visual treatment may not work as well for users who make heavier use of specific types of flags to schedule their follow ups.

We are working on adding an option to allow users to disable highlighting for flagged items, and expect it to become available to monthly channel users in coming months.

2. Enable an option to display declined meetings

Enable an option to display declined meetings in teh calendar (in settings). Often initially one is not available for a meeting, but then due to changes of schedule might be able to join, but since that meeting is not displayed in calendar, simply forgets about that. I found that option very helpful in Google mail that we used up to now in the company.

3,085 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

256 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow to revert to the old Ribbon icon set in Outlook 2016

Allow to revert to the old Ribbon icon set in Outlook 2016 especially in Enterprise scenario.

1,854 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

782 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about the new icons. We know any change to the user experience can be disruptive at first, especially major changes like updating all the icons. Even though these new icons have been through many rounds of feedback and refinement with real customers, we’re sorry you’re not finding the new icons helpful.

The new icons incorporate customer feedback we had received on the old icon design: bolder lines and higher color contrast helps make icons are more visible when using your computer near a window, a laptop in direct sunlight, or for folks with less than perfect vision. The new icons are also built using scalable graphics so they are never pixelated and can adapt to any device — whether it’s a monitor you’ve had for many years or a brand new 4K display. We’re also evolving the user interface designs on…

4. Add BCC, CC as well as FYI field to meeting requests in Outlook 2016

I would like the option to send meetings requests with BCC, CC so all information about all invitees is not shared with everyone that is invited

Also, Outlook calendar entries need BCC, CC – without showing these and need to extend them to Skype as well as Microsoft Teams Meetings.

2,890 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

300 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi everyone,

Thank you for providing a clear signal that we should prioritize this new feature.

We are planning to support this feature in Outlook for Office 365 subscribers. We will share an updated status when engineering work for this feature begins.

Thanks again and please feel free to continue up-voting and commenting on this suggestions.

5. Provide a feature or an option to revert to the old Outlook user interface in Microsoft Outlook 2016 prior to being modernized.

Allow an option to revert to the old Outlook user interface in Microsoft Outlook, as the latest revision (today) has added a lot of white space(wasted as well as Reply, Reply All and Forward along with the Accept, Decline etc are in a different position and seems like too far to the right that I find unhelpful and uses valuable screen and are not user-adjustable. This had been shown in the "try the new features" button, but I for one turned it off as it was annoying - unfortunately you have pushed it on all users, business and home. It…

133 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

42 comments  ·  White Space and Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Change ownership of calendar event in Outlook 2016

Sometimes the owner of a meeting (or, more often, meeting series) is on vacation or changes jobs; it would be nice if they could assign ownership of an instance (for vacation) or the full series (for job changes) to someone else. Also provide an option to create a meeting on someone's behalf without being included in the meeting.

1,949 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

209 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Forward\Reply\Reply All with attachments included in Microsoft Outlook 2016

In Microsoft Outlook 2016, when we forward\reply\reply all to the email with attachments, the attachments are not available and we have to attach them manually. An option to reply all to the email with all the attachments included would be more productive in Microsoft Outlook 2016 as that option is not available as of now.

3,455 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

869 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Compose window entry fields for TO and CC are way bigger than text label in latest update to Microsoft Outlook 2016.

The entry fields for TO and CC are taller than the spacing of their labels to the left. This leaves less vertical space for the Subject entry field (both not aligned to its label, as well as narrower than the TO & CC fields), and looks very sloppy. Please revert it to the older format or provide an option to select between the new and old format.

76 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

43 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Add 'Acknowledged' and 'Thanks' buttons to emails that will tell the sender you have seen their email, without having to send another.

Add 'Acknowledged' and 'Thanks' buttons to emails that will tell the sender you have seen/appreciate their email, without having to send another, thereby reducing email traffic.

680 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

21 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Contact ONLY Individuals who have not replied to a meeting request

You should be able to (under tracking) easily email or reach out to those who have not responded to an outlook invite to a meeting request. The only way I see it can be done now, is to hand extract those individuals and resend a new meeting request.

216 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Include Additional theme options in order to provide a more pleasing color scheme

The provided color schemes make it very difficult to distinguish folders

456 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

46 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Please give us back the opportunity to categorize meetings with different colours

Please give us back the opportunity to categorize meetings with different colours

162 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Change colors of Outlook or Word icons

In the task bar, latest icons for Outlook 365 and Word 365 are too similar (blue).
    It's confusing.

Regards,

70 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Ability to get the count of attendees invited/declined/accepted/busy in Microsoft Outlook 2016

Want number/quantity of attendees invited/declined/accepted/busy to meeting/appointment in scheduling assistant. Also there should be a possibility to highlight the row for a selected meeting attendee in the Outlook scheduling assistant. This will improve the readability: when scheduling with lots of attendees, it’s hard to discern which person is unavailable when all you see are blobs of blue with no name connected to them. Allow the feature of busy search to identify users that are tied up with meetings and appointments as well.

Provision of a button on the invite listing names and titles plus how they are connected on an…

299 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. New dark Office Theme

Would be nice to see a new dark Office theme with colour accents like the colourful theme has. Also, having separate theme settings for the different Office products would be nice since I don't necessarily want dark mode on Word but really like it on Outlook.

51 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. There's possibly now too much empty space in the email window

It'd be great to reduce the new size of the "from", "to" and "CC/BCC" columns in both the Popped Out New Email window and the inset 'reply' window. There's a lot of "dead-air" above the line where one writes the email

97 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

29 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Unread Email Count - Move it back!

I hate that the new unread email count for any box is aligned to the right. I cannot find anything online on how to fix this. PLEASE change this back or at least give the user the ability to determine if they want the count number next to the folder name or aligned differently.

32 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Increase the number of color options in the Outlook Calendar palette from 9 to 16-25, increase contrast, and allow user editing of colors.

I find that I cannot change the color of agenda items or calendar items for my email accounts in Microsoft Outlook. I use various Android apps on my tablet and phone, that allow me to show Agenda items and Calendar items. If I use gmail, I can easily select a color, whereas with Outlook accounts I cannot change the color to suit my preferences. Also provide an option or feature to set different events with different colors in Calendar as well as in Categories in Microsoft Outlook 2016.

1,158 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

96 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Recurring Calendar meeting changes should not change meetings that have already taken place

Do not change the history of meetings that have already occurred when make changes to a recurring meeting for future dates.

413 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. email address

Always show the full email address of a sender in the view pane. This is a major security risk that the email address of a sender is hidden and requires several clicks to view. Default should always be to show the full sender email address.

57 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 219 220
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base