OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve Microsoft Bookings?

Force client to choose a staff member.

New clients are failing to see that they need to choose a Staff member. As a result, the system seems to default to the first staff member listed. if there is only 1 staff member have system default to that person. If there are 2 or more staff members, force the client to choose a specific staff member. This is creating a lot of confusion.

17 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

John Seville shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
An error occurred while saving the comment
  • Mathias Mengel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

please make it possible to force customers to choose a staff member, so they actually think of whom they want to have the service from. People always forget to choose someone here and we have to make one individuel booking site for each staff member to give them their own links (like in calendly)

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I totally agree. This is absolutely annoying and this would be so easy to implement. More than one year later nothing happened. Where is the holdup, Microsoft?!

• MikeF commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Absolutely! This is such an obvious thing and should be easy to implement. Clients never read instructions so they default to "Select Staff - Anyone" and we constantly have to reschedule. Forcing them to choose a staff member would solve the problem. Even better would be a private schedule link ONLY for the staff member. When sending invitations for meetings I wouldn't be confusing the client with people and calendars I don't want them to see anyway.

• Joseph Westwright commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

this would be extremely helpful - we are looking to use this to manage a series of calendar's for our room reservations and the "staff" member is actually the location.

We would be able to roll this out if you could force a staff member to be chosen

Feedback and Knowledge Base