Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Andrew Gray shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

17 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Melissa Klug commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We would like to use this service to book Parent/Teacher conferences which are only available specific weeks of the year. This would help us out tremendously.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We need this feature e.g. fairs. Every other booking tool has the opportunity to set a service for a specified date.

• Hosko commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be excellent as then bookings can be managed for events that only occur for a specific period of time. At present, it is open as soon as the event is published but reality you might not want the booking to be available until the day of the event.

If you book in time off at the moment for the staff, it blocks out their personal calendar which isn't correct.

To get around this we have had to create two people who are "false" staff but they are getting booked against and they have their time booked out before and after the actual event. This is painful.

Understand this is a new product however, would be good to have.

THIS. THIS. THIS! As a consultant with several offerings, it's essential that I am able to offer specific periods that they can book this service:

Service 1: Wed, Thurs, Fri - 9am-3pm
        Service 2: Mon - Friday - 9am-5pm

• Ben Schutz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Adding more detail... I see the interaction (UX) for adding Service availability being the same as adding a recurring event on a calendar. That is, it should allow setting Service availability for recurring time periods, with time, frequency and start and end dates. eg. "from 3pm to 6pm, weekly every Tuesday and Thursday, starting Tuesday 3rd June and ending Thursday 27 June". Also you should be able to add multiple, recurring availabilities so that you can throw in alternate time periods.

• Ben Schutz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Must have! You need to be able to restrict bookings for certain services to specified dates and times. Just because a "staff member" is available it doesn't mean other things are lined up and available all the time.

The booking function is terrific in concept, but with our business, if there is no way to set the dates that the booking can occur, we cannot practically use this feature.

• Lisbeth commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Without this feature Bookings is more or less useless, not just for me but for my whole team. It would of very high value to get this feature, since it would be possible to automate processes in a way we can't now.

• Andre T. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is really essential. We can't create events without being able to bind Services to some specific dates / ranges.

• Anthony Martin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be an essential feature for teaching and education.

It would allow customers to book onto specific training events or sessions, or book appointments on designated open days with specific members of staff.

Jared mentioned this would be useful for parent / teacher interviews and I could definitely see a use case for that in our college.

Allow admin to set available times as well. There are periods in my week when bookings are not available as I'm busy consulting on projects. I need an easy and quick way to block off periods of time available for bookings.

• Jared Bennett [Staff] commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Adding a date range would allow for businesses to offer special days and discounted rates over a period of time. In Education, teachers could use the service to book parent/teacher interviews on specific standalone dates throughout the year.

Feedback and Knowledge Base