OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve Microsoft Bookings?

Give option of only authenicated user access

We are wanting to use the booking for internal staff only you need a way to make it only authenticated users access site

51 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Tracy Bates commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Being able to pull customers in from an AD group or Azure AD group and authenticating them would be a great feature for Higher Education. We only want our students to be able to book a session for help and entering them manually is a pain when we have 12,000 students.

• Anthony Martin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd welcome this too - we need to have a way of offering internal only bookings - importing customers isn't suitable because it changes so often.

It would be preferential if we could select an AD or Azure AD group to make bookings types, or a whole booking site available to, that way we could allow certain types of staff, or both staff and students to have access and make a booking.

We're an education provider and have over 600 full time staff,. We would like to use bookings for staff to enroll on internal training courses, and book other resources.

• Brianna commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am an insurance auditor and it would be awesome to have this type of security. I would love to be able to link policy numbers to make sure that the people who scheduling are the correct clients

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I work in the public relations and want to use bookings for setting up regular interviews by the press, but I do not want randam person to know our bookngs calender URL and make appointments. It would be lot safer and more reliable when It is limited to authorized users only.

• Matthew Belskie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is what we're wanting to see in order to use Bookings for academic advising in a higher education setting.

To extend this the idea behind authenticating first would be to provide a more consistent calendaring experience.

Right now a student (or any random person) can set an appointment with an adviser, and then if the adviser changes that meeting or denies the request there is no notification given to the student, and no shared calendar entry between the two as a form of contract.

Feedback and Knowledge Base