OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve Microsoft Bookings?

Use a Shared Calendar

Allow the use of a Shared Group Calendar that's setup in OWA versus a personal calendar for bookings.

86 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Sam Riojas shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We would like to use bookings not foor booking people, but for booking cars. I need multiple persons to be able to book, cancel, change the appointmens for the cars. But those are not staff members who need to be bookable

• Christopher Crocker commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+1000 for this idea please. I manage a global presales team that is based in 5 different timezone, and we are all currently scheduling our time in Outlook for O365 using a group/shared calendar. Bookings looks to be an ideal solution but its missing the ability to work witha group cal.

For our use case:

1.) Ideally Bookings should refer to a staff member's personal calendar for availability

2.) When a service is booked, the event should appear on both the staff member's personal calendar, and also in the group calendar.

This would allow our accounting team to source a single calendar to get a summary of all the events and the time spent by each staff member.

• Curtis Kleem commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed. I have Practice Management Software that has created a new calendar in Outlook. That is where I will keep my calendar, not the standard default calendar in Outlook. So, I need my availability to be based on that different calendar.

• Joaquim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We are a photographic studio shared by 5 in-house photographers but other photographers from outside can hire the studio, so we have a shared studio booking calendar (on Gmail at the moment) and I would like that calendar to show unavailability on my bookings calendar.

• Zachary Weber commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree! We would like to start using Bookings, but until this is an option, we are stuck using an archaic paper calendar and our clients have to call for appointments. We need a single shared calendar to use!

Feedback and Knowledge Base