OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback

How can we improve Microsoft Bookings?

Create a multiple day event

Be able to create an event that spans multiple working days such as a 3-day workshop that can be buffered for multiple days.

142 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Nicole Johnson shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Completed  ·  AdminMicrosoft Bookings (Admin, Outlook.com) responded  · 

We are happy to let you know that we recently completed work that lets you set up services that either last all day or that span multiple days. This feature was widely requested by Bookings customers and, if it’s not already available for you, it will soon be available for all Bookings customers to try.

To find the controls that let you set up an all-day or multi-day service first, log into Bookings and click into the Service details page. On that page you’ll see a new “Days” picker under the “Default duration” section of the page – next to the “Hours” and “Minutes” pickers. If you do not see this feature, please try back in a few days… it can take a few weeks for new features to get out to everyone. If you do see it, you can use it to set the number of days, hours, or minutes you want a service to last. Choose the duration you need and save the new service details.

On your booking page (the page you share with your customers to make it easy for them to grab time with you) your customers will now be able to book you for all-day or multi-day services based on how you defined them.

Please give this new feature a try by making some test bookings to see how it works and what happens, in particular, for multi-day services that span a weekend, or other period when your business in closed. Also, note that we built this feature to ignore your staff’s personal appointments (appointments on their personal Office 365 calendars) on the assumption that you don’t want to lose a day, or more, of business because a staff member has a short, conflicting appointment. We assume that you and your staff can work around such conflicts. You can also use “Time off” events set on the booking calendar if you need to make staff unavailable (we do not ignore bookings and time off events for all-day and multi-day services).

We hope this meets your all-day and multi-day service needs but if not, please do not hesitate to let us know by clicking on one of the Feedback links you’ll find in the product. Thanks for your feedback and thanks for using Bookings.

Microsoft Bookings team

29 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Lanz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

2nd Feb and still not showing. Can you please stand up, be proffesional and tell us, your paying users when the features you tell us are 'completed' are actually going to be available.

• Kari Halinen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Lanz, same situation here. The promise hasn't been fulfilled as the functionality lacks.

Hey guys, Almost 20 days later and the multi-day functionality is still not appearing.
        This is a pressing matter for our team any feedback on when this is going to become available.

• Trey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The new multi-day service is worthless. Does not take into account the personal calendar. How is that supposed to work. It also should have allowed user input from 1 day to however many days. This is no better then specifying 8 hours

This is great news, i would like to Test this for you but i cannot see it in my bookings anyway you can enable this for us?

This is the only reason i cannot proceed to fully use this service. There isnt any way to nicely work around it either.

• Elizabeth commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would also be great if some bookings like this (over multiple days) could be made but still show my time as available. For example, I have students who come to work, so they need to book the time with me, but they are here to work with clients while under my supervision. So the time needs to show as available so that clients can book time.

• Alexander Granberg commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd couldn't agree more like you book a normal resource in Outlook with a start and end date. Thanks for a great app.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Could the solution to this also enable users to book multiple blocks of the default booking duration? It would be good if users could create bookings that were anywhere from 1/2 hour to multiple hours to multiple days.

• Darren Hurst commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, it's a bit frustrating that events can only be booked in hour segments, rather than in days, so if:

a) you want to book a room for a whole day you have to put the booking period to be 8 hours, but the customer still needs to select a time which is confusing

b) If you want to book a resource for a whole week, the customer has to book every day individually

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base