OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve Microsoft Bookings?

Allow customers to choose their time zone on the Booking Page

In cases where customers are spread across time zones, they should be able to see the times listed on my Booking Page in a time zone that makes sense for them.

172 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

AdminMicrosoft Bookings (Software Engineer, Outlook.com) shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

51 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • ian.ellis@exit-velocity.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This looks to be available already (From what I can see) - look right below the calendar on a bookings page, as it has a timezone option there and this looks to default to the timezone that you are in when booking...

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a necessity. I can't use this without it. A drop down menu with the different time zones that the person booking can use.

Yes, please make this function optional! I want to be able to restrict bookings to a single timezone. Not being able to do this makes for confusion.

Make this optional! Our customers are confusing the time zones (depending on their computer settings) and show up at the time we are closed.

• Katie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Make this as optional! Folks are confusing the time zone for in person sessions and showing up at the wrong time.

• John Jacobson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We are offering an online counselling service from the East Coast of the USA to the West Coast of Australia. That's eight different time zones. Customers need to be able to use their own time zone when making appointments.

• Anonymouse commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree that this absolutely needs to be optional. We use Bookings to run a tutorial service at a university with a high proportion of international students. All of our appointments happen in person, in GMT. But something about their laptop configuration means many of them are seeing the appointment times and reminder emails in the time zone of their home country. They miss the fact that the time zone is specified underneath.

Make this feature optional. We are experiencing a huge mess with respect to time zones, cause our customers are all around Canada. Quite often they arrive after business hours or before due to the fact that the pull down to change the time zone seems non-obvious to my clients.

Even if the user can choose their time from the drop-down, there is still an issue with daylight saving in the UK. The client can select UCT (Dublin, Edinburgh, Lisbon, London) but this is one hour out during British Summer Time.

• Carolyn Gsell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Use the system that GoToMeeting uses. When I book a GoToMeeting appointment in my time zone, it automatically calibrates the correct time in the zone of the attendees.

• simon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Noticed that 1 day bookings do not allow time zone selection where other HR options do? Is this an oversight as the issue is the same.

• Brendon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The time zone selection needs to be much more visible and intuitive. It needs to be the first thing they see and very easy to use.

Perhaps even put in a field where they can enter a zip code and it will auto adjust.

Missed two appointments already because of confusion and that costs money.

• Kimberly Tosti commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If you open your bookings page, you will see a script under the calendar that says "All times are in..." and the time zone. If you click the drop-down arrow, you can change the time zone. HOWEVER, this is not terribly user-friendly... We need a big friendly button or something because clients do not find this intuitive.

• @DavidMcKnight commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This still needs some work. The pull down to change the time zone seems non-obvious to my clients. We've had two issues over the last two days with this.

• mn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is it true that this feature has been implemented? It is not available for us on our book page or in the backend. Please confirm the status.

Now booking page provides option for customer to choose their time zone, hence this idea can be closed now.

Hi,

I had the same problem and I think it is fixed now (I got the help from a Microsoft engineer).

Regards

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base