OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve Microsoft Bookings?

Let me require that my customers provide a valid credit card when they book me

Add functionality to Bookings that lets me require that my customers enter valid credit card information at the time of making a booking. No charge is made to the customers' credit card at the time of booking but it proves they have a valid credit card with sufficient available credit.

71 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

AdminMicrosoft Bookings (Software Engineer, Outlook.com) shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Sharing this update with you because you expressed interest in requiring that a customer provide a valid credit card when booking with you. While not exactly that feature, we recently completed work that allows you to collect a credit card payment from your customers through Microsoft Bookings.

At this time, this set of features is only available to customers in North America (we plan to roll-out it more broadly in the future). It is also only currently available to customers whose Office 365 “Release preferences” are set to “Targeted release for everyone” or “Targeted release for selected users”.

To learn more about targeted release please see this support article:

https://support.office.com/article/Set-up-the-Standard-or-Targeted-release-options-in-Office-365-3b3adfa4-1777-4ff0-b606-fb8732101f47

If you are in North America and have your Office 365 release preferences set to one of the targeted release options described above, you will be able to accept payments through Bookings.

This article explains how:

https://support.office.com/article/set-up-payments-system-for-microsoft-bookings-b3f9f43b-b969-40cb-85bc-67c71dee0a03

We hope this proves to be a useful feature for you. Thank you.

0 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...

Feedback and Knowledge Base