OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve Microsoft Bookings?

Let me require a partial payment up-front when my customers book me

Add functionality to Bookings that lets me require that my customers to make a partial payment for a service at the time of making a booking. This is the same as requiring the customer to partially pay, up-front, in order to be able to book your business' time.

37 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

AdminMicrosoft Bookings (Software Engineer, Outlook.com) shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We recently completed work that allows you to collect payment from your customers through Microsoft Bookings – full or partial.

At this time, this set of features is only available to customers in North America (we plan to roll-out it more broadly in the future). It is also only currently available to customers whose Office 365 “Release preferences” are set to “Targeted release for everyone” or “Targeted release for selected users”.

To learn more about targeted release please see this support article:

https://support.office.com/article/Set-up-the-Standard-or-Targeted-release-options-in-Office-365-3b3adfa4-1777-4ff0-b606-fb8732101f47

If you are in North America and have your Office 365 release preferences set to one of the targeted release options described above, you will be able to accept payments through Bookings.

This article explains how:

https://support.office.com/article/set-up-payments-system-for-microsoft-bookings-b3f9f43b-b969-40cb-85bc-67c71dee0a03

We hope this proves to be a useful feature for you. Thank you.

2 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes it seems this was intended that a customer could pay for the service (connect to paypal, stripe,square, etc)

• Mary Neville commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Integrate with Shopify. I love the bookings app, but my customers have to do a 2-step process when ordering an appointment. Our appointments are online via skype. They have to pay and then they would have to choose a date/time from the Microsoft Bookings page. It's a very clunky user experience. I want them to pay when they book the appointment and then refund if they cancel within within a specified period of time.

Feedback and Knowledge Base