OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback

How can we improve Microsoft Bookings?

Allow me to specify which fields are required on the booking page

Some businesses don't require an email address but instead require a phone number. Bookings should let the business choose which fields are required from the customers making a booking online.

131 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Microsoft BookingsAdminMicrosoft Bookings (Admin, Outlook.com) shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

16 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Nathan LudewigNathan Ludewig commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

PLEASE UPDATE THIS NOW - It should be just a simple line of code...

see below -
        "It's been two months since this was started and 7 months since it was requested. What's happening???"

• MagnusMagnus commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's been two months since this was started and 7 months since it was requested. What's happening???

• Nick HolbrookNick Holbrook commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

All of our bookings are done via phone. Currently it is slated as "optional". Confusing for our customers.

• Danny DunnDanny Dunn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The ability to have the address field set to required for my onsite service calls is needed

When can we expect this feature to be done? I'm really looking forward to using this service, but I need this to work first!

I would like to have address as a required filed. I will use this for booking of locale and I need to verify the users address in our area first.

• Shawn KieleyShawn Kieley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree this would be a great feature. I have a call option but the client is not required to put in phone number if I do not have it already then I have no way to know what number to call

• Lucille ShawLucille Shaw commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am new to Booking and just tested it today. I am currently using VCita and reviewing the options available with Booking. I would like to have this option too as some of my services are via online or by phone.

• Jesper RasmussenJesper Rasmussen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Very importent idear. When collection personal information from users, it would be necessary to ensure the information it specific for the purpose and data minimized.

• AlyGAlyG commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Allow the option to make the customer phone number (and address) required fields. The phone number is especially useful for if I need to cancel at short notice I can call them when an email may not be read in time.

• Josh BoydJosh Boyd commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When the customer enters the address (BTW, give the option to make the address field mandatory), that address should automatically sync to the Calendar event of the Staff that it's being assigned to. In addition, the notes should sync to the calendar event. This way the employee could look at his/her calendar, see the booking and get everything s/he needs to know without having to login to the booking page.

• Rob KinRob Kin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Make the address a setting for optional or mandatory. I personally cant book without an address

Feedback and Knowledge Base