OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback

How can we improve Microsoft Bookings?

Allow me to specify which fields are required on the booking page

Some businesses don't require an email address but instead require a phone number. Bookings should let the business choose which fields are required from the customers making a booking online.

230 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Microsoft BookingsAdminMicrosoft Bookings (Admin, Outlook.com) shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Completed  ·  Microsoft BookingsAdminMicrosoft Bookings (Admin, Outlook.com) responded  · 

The first iteration of custom questions and required field controls are available now to all Bookings users. You can add custom fields and control which questions are required on the booking form by clicking into Service details from the Services page and then clicking Modify.

We are marking this idea as “completed” but we plan to continue to work to provide more custom question types for you to choose from. The following article explains in more detail how to add custom questions to Bookings and how to choose which fields are required for your customers:

http://support.office.com/article/fd6b7587-5055-4bcd-83a4-13bd4929bfff

Thank you again for your interest in Microsoft Bookings and for your feedback.

33 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • TaylorTaylor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Christoph Altrogge, it is already available. You need to edit a service and from there you can edit custom fields.

• AminAmin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've tried the new additional questions, however, they don't appear in the email sent to the service provider.

For instance I created a new question for hair colour, but that question nor its response appears in the email that went to the hair dresser.

• Martin WidmerMartin Widmer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I appreciate you get the basic functionality solid and sound before adding new. We also would need the mobile phone number als compulsory field (with validation would be nice). And we would like to send SMS, via providers like ASPSMS or similar.
        Best regards, Martin

• Jennifer GrillJennifer Grill commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any updates? We would really like this feature especially since we are using it to book phone calls with the sales team and as of now they can leave the phone number field blank.

Thank you!

• JOHN HARDERJOHN HARDER commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi - Thanks for addressing this issue! Any idea when we can expect this update? Our business needs consumers to provide their addresses so we can perform our service, so we are really looking forward to the ability to make that field required. Thank you!

• AlfredAlfred commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Has there been any progress to allowing the business to select which fields are required? I have been using a free program setmore but honestly I rather use Bookings instead.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What is taking so long? This was supposedly started to be added on 2/13/17. It's June 2!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree it is totally useless to have the phone number be "optional" These are appointments. We need this now!
        This whole area should be able to be customized.

• Nathan LudewigNathan Ludewig commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've heard that it's about a month away. But you need to enable beta./pre production or something within your admin console under organisation

• Nathan LudewigNathan Ludewig commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

PLEASE UPDATE THIS NOW - It should be just a simple line of code...

see below -
        "It's been two months since this was started and 7 months since it was requested. What's happening???"

• MagnusMagnus commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's been two months since this was started and 7 months since it was requested. What's happening???

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base