OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback

How can we improve Microsoft Bookings?

Create recurring bookings and time off blocks

Create a recurring booking for a customer so that I don't have to make multiple bookings each week/month.

Create a recurring time off block for one or more staff - like lunch every day 12-1 pm.

182 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

AdminMicrosoft Bookings (Admin, Outlook.com) shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

18 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Gumby commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

looks easy to do... Open Outlook 2016 desktop app... from the Calendar.. Home ribbon, select Open Calendar... from Address Book. you should see your Bookings calendar listed so you can select it and connect.
        once connected...in Outlook, click on the Booking calendar and click on an existing once-off booking to edit it... you can then use the recurrence feature on a normal Outlook calendar apt/meeting... tada! :-) this first time I did the above it took a while for the change to save but after that it seems to work normally. the recurring booking is reflected back in the Bookings calendar for the respective resource. no idea if there are any other flow on impacts of doing the above via Outlook instead of the Bookings interface e.g. multiple notification emails to the original booking customer etc.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It took me 55 hours to enter all the recurring appointments in Outlook. I sync that with Bookings so I don't have to enter them, there, but then people can't see details. These need to integrate better, because we don't have 30-55 hours a week to update the schedule each week. My staff are currently looking in their Outlook to see their detailed schedules but going to Bookings to comment with reports and notes on the sessions.

• Corinne Chalmers commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So I take it we still don't have the functionality for recurring appointments? Can we at least get an answer as to whether or not MS might add this and if so, when? Thank you.

We run classes and many of our hosts would like to book a weekly session.
        I notice from the comments this has been raised at least in October 2016. Will this function become available to users?

• Joanne commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So time consuming having to repeat my regular clients on a weekly basis.

• Bob commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We intend to use Bookings for our pathology practice & have many clients who have the same appointment time each week, month, etc. We currently use Outlook Calendar & this has worked perfectly for us, but Bookings is the perfect answer to many things that Outlook simply can't do.

• Alain commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Recurring bookings is a must, without this app is useless to me and to thousands of other users (schools for example), shame..

Also have recurring reserved times that booking option is not available. Don't want to clog up my Outlook calendar with"unavailable" times.

• Erika Coleman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes! This is exactly what I need as well - a reoccuring booking option would be awesome. I have gigs that come in 5 sessions for 1 series that I want a client to be able to book and at the same time to be able as an administrator assign different staff members to the sessions in a gig.

• Lou Kolasky commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm a pitching coach and have packages (blocks of time) for Students. 6 lessons. I would like for the student to sign up for blocks at a time and I would approve them after being paid in advance.

• Matt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I need this too. Every Thursday I'm unavailable while I work elsewhere. Rather than manually enter that, it would be great to just make it repeat weekly.

Feedback and Knowledge Base