OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve Microsoft Bookings?

Add a way for people to request appointments (rather than auto-accept)

Have you guys created or considered creating a "request appointment" feature? It would be nice to have this as a safe guard, so if I miss something in updating the schedule, I can manually approve requests.

252 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

AdminMicrosoft Bookings (Software Engineer, Outlook.com) shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

13 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Mohsin Ikram commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In our business the meetings are mostly between peer companies. So, there should be a policy to allow us accept/reject or asked to modify time/date option.

e.g. A person from a company made a booking and confirm it.

We should receive the email with notification that person X made a meeting request at ss:yy time and three buttons.

1. Accept 2. Reject 3. Modify

When we select any option there should be a text box (optional) to clarify your reason for any particular option you selected.

hope for your understanding and positive feedback.

regards,

• Nick Sloka commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Really need the approval stage. It would make it a complete system and shouldn't be too hard for Microsoft to implement. Even if it was just in a pending page on the site

• Naresh Bane commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We are receiving the calendar invite as .ics file and we are O365 users. Since we are using outlook I was assuming the calendar invite would get processed automatically instead of manually saving it in calendar.

• AlexP commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Figured out a way to achieve this: setup a mail flow rule in Exchange Admin Center that: For every e-mail that is sent from booking e-mail address to External source requires approval of a manager - this way e-mail is sent to you first, then you approve/decline it and only then customer receives an e-mail

• Dominika commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please do set up this option, as I might need to discuss additional details with a client or I would be unavailable at the requested time

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I need the ability to confirm appointments before they are auto-scheduled. This app is almost pointless with this option. Please add this functionality ASAP!

I must have the ability to confirm appointments before they are auto-scheduled. This app is almost pointless with this option

• Danny Tuckeood commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a must have for us. Until it is available, the feature cannot be used. Would also ideally want delegated scceptance

Second this, te possibility to accept or decline bookings is a must to work with bookings instead of other free programs or online agendas.

• germain metti commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I second this. I have fully configured Bookings because it looked like a nice, easy, and integrated way to manage customer appointments.

I would have never thought that Bookings only support auto-accept.

I really cannot see any kind of business that wants auto-accept.

Please fix this ASAP Microsoft, otherwise the product is useless to 99.9 % of businesses.

• Jessica Green commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Bookings will work for me for now, but if this isn't changed I will have to look into other alternatives. We want to provide consultations but we travel a lot so we aren't always in the office or even in the country.

• Ville commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For therapists and people workers this is a very important function.

• Jack Abernathy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Although I do not use this feature in my current app, I know others that feel this allows them more control over their time.

Feedback and Knowledge Base