OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback

How can we improve Microsoft Bookings?

Custom text to the customer on the booking page

I would like to be able to add text (e.g. instructions, directions, pre-requisites, to-do list etc.) to the booking page so that my customers can see it before / after making a booking.

156 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

neelj@microsoft.com shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Completed  ·  AdminMicrosoft Bookings (Admin, Outlook.com) responded  · 

Thank you for your feedback and interest in this feature. We recently delivered functionality (what we call “custom fields”) to Bookings that will address some of the needs you’ve shared in your comments. Specifically, this new functionality lets you add text boxes to the booking page, and to the booking form, that can include custom labels of up to 256 characters. For some of you, this will suffice for providing a customer with specific instructions associated with a specific service.

Here’s a link to a support article that goes it greater detail about this functionality and how to find it and use it:

https://support.office.com/article/Add-custom-and-required-questions-to-the-Booking-page-fd6b7587-5055-4bcd-83a4-13bd4929bfff

Some of you though are asking for the ability to customize the email sent to your customers once they book with you… if this is what you wanted to see us build, please visit this page and add your vote:

https://outlook.uservoice.com/forums/314907-microsoft-bookings/suggestions/17916634-personalize-confirmation

We will take your votes and comments into account when we start work to do that type of customization.

I hope this all makes sense and that I haven’t lost any of your needs in this shuffle. If I have, please reply to this email and speak-up OR create a new idea on UserVoice that captures specifically what you need and we’ll take a look.

Thanks again.

6 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Magnus commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The service lacks the capability to have custom text (instructions etc) in the e-mail sent to the customer.

We're having a booking system that requires information of rules and guidelines to the customer to be sent out with the auto acceptance.

• clark.pittman@outlook.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with Mr. Abernathy, the ability to appointment email with instructions or a .pdf attachment is great. Currently doing this with Genbook. This allows the first appointment with the customer to be more productive more quickly.

• Jack Abernathy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I send out "Initial appointment" emails with instructions. Would like to have a feature that can do that.

Feedback and Knowledge Base