OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve Microsoft Bookings?

Text Messages

I think it would be great if I could send SMS reminders to my customers.

277 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Michael shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

21 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Well, you can do this by yourself by using MS Flow. Create a Flow, that send a text message, on behalf on triggers.

Also, you can extend that flow to do other Things you Need for a booking.

• nisia.lewis@comop.org commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Text notification reminders with add to calendar feature would be great given that many individuals do not use their email account or notifications get lost in junk mail.

• Andrea Adamo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We are hoping to use this service for students to book appointments with their high school guidance counselor. Text alerts would better serve the student population.

• tom@hawkanalytics.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The simple answer here everyone is you get what you pay for - We gave up on this long ago and just bit the bullet and paid for ScheduleOnce, which is fully loaded with tons of features. Great scheduling system!

• AlexP commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Short comment, you can hook up Twilio service and use MS Flow to integrate that. Since we can't count on MS to build this in, just leaving the idea here

• Ivan Tving commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a must! Our current booking system does that and if MS Bookings wants to succeed it must offer SMS reminders. And play with contact lists in SharePoint. But don't get me wrong - this is an *excellent* initiative for small businesses. Please continue to develop and support this program/app.

• Peter Schmidt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+1 on this. The feature is of no value to a lot of small shops without the SMS feature, both for confirmation, but also as reminder, 1 day before the appointment.

• Andrew Brooks commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Most booking systems do allow this feature so this must be standard, even if that option is being able to select a 3rd party email to SMS service, thus avoiding need for MS to have their own SMS system.

• Matt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Text message / SMS reminders to staff for bookings at off-site locations (e.g., tutoring service, home repair, etc.)

• Mark Smith commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Text Reminders would be more valuable to our customers (as opposed to getting them via email).

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base