OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Microsoft Bookings

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

1. Allow service specific links

I'd like to be able to post or share targeted links to a specific service, rather than requiring customers to select the "right" service.

I could imagine something like:

https://outlook.office365.com/owa/calendar/MicrosoftCloudandEnterprise@service.microsoft.com/bookings/service1
    https://outlook.office365.com/owa/calendar/MicrosoftCloudandEnterprise@service.microsoft.com/bookings/service2

77 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

8 comments  ·  Booking Page  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Potential issue when staff member cancels using their work Office 365 calendar.

What if the staff member is ill and only cancels from his calendar? This means both the Administrator and the customer are not notified that the staff member is no longer available for the meeting. We tested this in a meeting today and no one was notified about the staff member's cancellation. It still showed up in Booking.

74 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Booking Page  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Unique URL for a single service

Want to be able to send a unique url to a customer to book a particular service. Not send them to the generic Bookings pages where they have to navigate to the service you have already determined they require.

72 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Booking Page  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Send booking notifications to staff in addition to email listed in Business Information

It can be hard for staff members to know they have received a booking since they only receive a calendar invite and in outlook that goes directly to the deleted folder. What would help is to also send the staff member a notification similar to what is sent to the email contact listed in the Business Information.

71 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Name first in outlook appointment

Have the option to have the customer name listed first on the outlook calendar rather than the service, so that it is easier to find a certain customer on your schedule when they want to confirm times. I have many calendars up at once, and the names are cut off when teh service is listed first.

70 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. be able to set number of bookings per staff member or resource per time period. i.e A staff member/resource could take 10 customers at a tim

Be able to set number of bookings per staff member or resource per time period. i.e A staff member/resource could take 10 customers at a time.

This could be for a minibus business, taxi, Tour of a factory or premises. so the booking for that time period would still be available until the maximum number of customer slots is filled.

also allow the customer to stipulate the number of slots/spaces that they would like to book at the time of booking. i.e. a bus book 4 out of 10 seats available, a tour a group of 5 book for 20…

69 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Duplicate services

When creating services, I'd like to be able to duplicate them so that I don't need to re-select all options. Sometimes the difference is time. I can have a 25- or 55-minute appointment. To create the 55-minute service, I'd like to copy it and just change the title rather than have to reenter all of the reminders, forms questions, and so on.

68 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Include customer contact information in email notification of appointment.

When a staff member is alerted of a new appointment, they just receive the time and the customer name. It would be helpful to include the email and phone number in the email notification.

66 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Booking Page  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Data export for analysis & review

It would be great if we can export the calendar for analysis purpose. It can either by week, by month or by year to see the pattern

66 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Booking Page  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Provide the ability for the person accepting the booking to validate if the customer actually attended, which can then be reported on.

Add functionality for the person accepting the booking to tick a box, or not, if the customer attended or not. This would be great information to report on.

65 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Restrict Services Availability To Certain Days Or Times

Just like we can assign availability for Staff, please allow us to assign availability for each of our Services. For example, there are certain Services that we only offer during certain times of day. At first, we thought that would just create a Staff member that was only "available" during that time of day. However, the problem is that our Staff member can also perform other services, so we want them available for all services. We really need Bookings to block or include availability on a Service level as well.

63 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Booking Page  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Give option of only authenicated user access

We are wanting to use the booking for internal staff only you need a way to make it only authenticated users access site

63 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Booking Page  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. You need to place a "MANAGE BOOKINGS" on EVERY email sent to a Customer.

You need to place a "MANAGE BOOKINGS" on EVERY email sent to a Customer....NEW, Reminders, etc..They shouldn't have to go to original email to reschedule or cancel. Even have option on their posted appointment in their calendar device.

58 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Booking cancellation sync to Outlook

When cancelling a Booking from the Bookings 'Calendar' this does not sync to the Outlook calendar that Bookings is linked too.

This means the slot is freed up on Bookings, but no in Outlook so a 'duplicate' entry is shown.

56 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Web App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Multiple attendees for one service

It would be good to be able to book multiple attendees for one meeting. We use bookings for meetings and if there's multiple people attending, I don't think it's giving that option.

55 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Booking Page  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Direct Links for certain services

Direct links for specific services (say I wanted to book a one-on-one and that link to a client) All the other calendar booking services do this, please include this feature.

54 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Add option to autogenerate MS Teams meeting/link when appointment is created through Bookings

Add an option so that when users book an appointment using Microsoft Bookings, they get a link to an autogenerated Teams meeting.

Currently, when users book an appointment, I have to then set up a second event at the same time with the meeting link, which is time-consuming and potentially confusing.

54 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Choose specific days for appointments, not working hours.

I am open 5 days a week, but I want to book appointments on March 18th (example) only. Now, I have to block off every day except that day to take effect.

54 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Allow customers to book multiple blocks of time

We are a software company giving training sessions on our custom software. Some users just need a short session – 15 minutes but some users will want a longer session as their problem is complex or they have not used the software before. Can we set 15 minutes as a default time period but allow user to click on 4 consecutive 15 minute blocks without going through the whole process 4 times?

54 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Add Booking Calendar view to Outlook app on iPhone and Android

Be able to add the Entire Bookings calendar view to Outlook App on iPhone and Android through 'Interesting Calendars - My Calendars'.

53 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  iOS/Android App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base