OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Microsoft Bookings

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

1. Booking type - Add event type

Allow other types of bookings, the appointment doesn’t accommodate training/education bookings.

It would be useful to be able to create x amount of events, that customers could book.

As a education / training facility, I would prefer to create X amount of training sessions 6 months ahead.

The event type bookings, should also be displayed in a list form, for customers to book on the booking site.

Event type booking, would allow other types of businesses to use bookings.

85 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

5 comments  ·  Booking Page  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Support viewing multiple booking calendars at once

For businesses with multiple booking calendars (locations is a good example), they would like to see all of the calendars on a single screen instead of switching between them.

83 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Web App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Embed Bookings into Outlook

Embed Bookings into Outlook on Desktop versions and web so office staff can book appointments directly from outlook, in lieu or alongside its calendar.

82 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Groups in Bookings

One should bed to be able to create groups of participants in bookings

80 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Allow service specific links

I'd like to be able to post or share targeted links to a specific service, rather than requiring customers to select the "right" service.

I could imagine something like:

https://outlook.office365.com/owa/calendar/MicrosoftCloudandEnterprise@service.microsoft.com/bookings/service1
    https://outlook.office365.com/owa/calendar/MicrosoftCloudandEnterprise@service.microsoft.com/bookings/service2

80 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Booking Page  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Unique URL for a single service

Want to be able to send a unique url to a customer to book a particular service. Not send them to the generic Bookings pages where they have to navigate to the service you have already determined they require.

76 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Booking Page  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Duplicate services

When creating services, I'd like to be able to duplicate them so that I don't need to re-select all options. Sometimes the difference is time. I can have a 25- or 55-minute appointment. To create the 55-minute service, I'd like to copy it and just change the title rather than have to reenter all of the reminders, forms questions, and so on.

74 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Booking Page  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. be able to set number of bookings per staff member or resource per time period. i.e A staff member/resource could take 10 customers at a tim

Be able to set number of bookings per staff member or resource per time period. i.e A staff member/resource could take 10 customers at a time.

This could be for a minibus business, taxi, Tour of a factory or premises. so the booking for that time period would still be available until the maximum number of customer slots is filled.

also allow the customer to stipulate the number of slots/spaces that they would like to book at the time of booking. i.e. a bus book 4 out of 10 seats available, a tour a group of 5 book for 20…

73 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Booking Page  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Send booking notifications to staff in addition to email listed in Business Information

It can be hard for staff members to know they have received a booking since they only receive a calendar invite and in outlook that goes directly to the deleted folder. What would help is to also send the staff member a notification similar to what is sent to the email contact listed in the Business Information.

73 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Provide the ability for the person accepting the booking to validate if the customer actually attended, which can then be reported on.

Add functionality for the person accepting the booking to tick a box, or not, if the customer attended or not. This would be great information to report on.

72 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Restrict Services Availability To Certain Days Or Times

Just like we can assign availability for Staff, please allow us to assign availability for each of our Services. For example, there are certain Services that we only offer during certain times of day. At first, we thought that would just create a Staff member that was only "available" during that time of day. However, the problem is that our Staff member can also perform other services, so we want them available for all services. We really need Bookings to block or include availability on a Service level as well.

67 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Booking Page  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Allow customers to set booking duration

Allow customers to specify the duration of the booking based on set increment (e.g. hourly

67 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. You need to place a "MANAGE BOOKINGS" on EVERY email sent to a Customer.

You need to place a "MANAGE BOOKINGS" on EVERY email sent to a Customer....NEW, Reminders, etc..They shouldn't have to go to original email to reschedule or cancel. Even have option on their posted appointment in their calendar device.

66 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Data export for analysis & review

It would be great if we can export the calendar for analysis purpose. It can either by week, by month or by year to see the pattern

66 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Give option of only authenicated user access

We are wanting to use the booking for internal staff only you need a way to make it only authenticated users access site

64 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Booking Page  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Allow customer to pick time on a service

As a feature request, I’d like to be able to present my clients with a default meeting time but also a maximum meeting time. In other words, I would like it if the default could be set to 30 minutes but clients would have the ability via a dropdown menu on the booking details page to select a longer meeting time up to specified maximum if they know they’ll need more than the default (this ability to change the meeting duration on the fly would also justify the use of the word “default” in the booking form setup page).

63 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Booking Page  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Booking cancellation sync to Outlook

When cancelling a Booking from the Bookings 'Calendar' this does not sync to the Outlook calendar that Bookings is linked too.

This means the slot is freed up on Bookings, but no in Outlook so a 'duplicate' entry is shown.

63 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Web App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Search the calendar for customer appointments

It should be possible to search the bookings calendar for customers and their appointments. When a Customer asks me to tell him his next appointment, I am not able to find it out.

63 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

21 comments  ·  Web App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Multiple attendees for one service

It would be good to be able to book multiple attendees for one meeting. We use bookings for meetings and if there's multiple people attending, I don't think it's giving that option.

60 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Booking Page  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Direct Links for certain services

Direct links for specific services (say I wanted to book a one-on-one and that link to a client) All the other calendar booking services do this, please include this feature.

59 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Microsoft Bookings

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base