OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook on the web (Office 365)

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Got a suggestion for how to improve Outlook on the web (Office 365)? Share it here. Or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s ideas. Come join the discussion.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Mobile Email Signature

I need to be able to have my email signature appear on all emails, including those sent from mobile devices. Is that possible?

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Quicksteps

Please can you include Quicksteps in Office 365 the same as the desktop Microsoft Outlook? Quicksteps save massive amounts of time and are essential to how I use Outlook.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Automatically open an app in a new window when clicking it from the app launcher

When using the new Outlook on the web, I would like to open an app in a new window when clicking the app from the app launcher. Previously it was automatically opening in a different window when using classic Ootw, but the new Ootw shows apps in different tabs. It is more convenient
    to use different windows as I can check emails and use other apps at the same time.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Switch the sender’s address between primary mail address and secondary mail address when sending emails

We think it would enhance maneuverability of Outlook on the web if you could implement a feature that can send mails by both primary mail address and secondary mail address with sender switchover.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. 4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Outlook Meeting Update

If you update a meeting (e.g. change room, add notes) in Outlook365 for Windows a mail goes to the invited persons starting with "Cancelled" (in German "Abgesagt"). This is quite confusing. The calender is correct; the meeting is updated with valid information.
    BUT: Why can´t the e-mail start with "Updated", which would be correct???

If necessary I will send screenshots to illustrate this very unpleasant situation which is contionously causing trouble.

Thanks for your attention to this matter.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Multiple Signatures Needed

I need multiple signatures in Outlook 365. Please provide a way to select and insert different signature lines.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Checklists within tasks (subtasks)

Adding checklists to tasks so one topic can contain multiple tasks which can be checked as completed individually. Also the percentage of completion of each task can be derived from this.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Tasks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Please give us the option to use Scheduling Assistant with attendees along the top of the calendar

In the old office 365 when looking at multiple people's calendar to set up a meeting you could see the attendees names along the top and made the calendars so much easier to read exactly what is in them. Now the attendees are on the side and you can't even read what the meetings are that they have. So annoying as then have to go into each individual calendar to see what the meetings actually are. Thanks!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Group Calendar Notifications & Accessibility

Group Calendar has expected behavior when you create meetings, it will automatically shows up on the personal calendar. I'd like there to be setting where you could opt out of this invite.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Groups  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Allow email subject to be changed when replying.

Allow email subject to be changed when replying.

Outlook 365 does not allow the email subject to be changed when replying to an email. The only way to change the email subject, alter it or alert that there is a change of contents or importance to an email is to FORWARD it.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Theme

More new themes please...

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. First Name Last Name not Last Name, First Names Search Results

Sort Outlook To search as First Name Last Name and not the Last Name, First Name method. 99% of the time you know just the person's first name and not their last name in a large company! Last Name first is one of the most useless features, you never say "Hi Smith, Bob" you always say "Hi Bob"!

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Flag too transparent now! MUST be darker again!

God I hate the new format. We use flags for essential items, and now they are barely visible. WHY??? Please return to the old style with a dark red, clearly visible flag.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Recall/Change sent (mail/group) email

I sent a mass email not knowing my default was set to reply all and it had very personal information on it. It was sent to 50 people and there was no way I could change it... Please make something so I can delete this message! It's pertinent information for the faculty only, not all the students.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Display the Same Features of Office Outlook the Same Everywhere

Offer online users of office outlook the same exact interface as outlook 365 and vise versa. I am not able to complete the same tasks using the office 365 when working from home as I can at work. This is presents a ton of challenges using the web version of office outlook.

57 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your feedback about Outlook on the web! We’re trying to give our web users the best experience possible to complete their tasks. Sometimes we need to make concessions in order to make our app run quickly and effectively on the web, but we’re always trying to add features that you love. Could you tell us a little more about which features you miss most while using Outlook on the web?

17. "My day" tab and upcoming event widget shows all selected calendars

If you have selected other calendars to view in the Calendar, the events from these calendars also show in the "next event" (top right above email). They also show in the fly out for "My Day".

These views should show _MY_ calendar, not the calendar's I've selected to view along side mine. Or at least have an option to not include the other calendars in "My Day" and the "Next Event" widget

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. SEARCH DOESNT SEARCH

YOUR SEARCH SUCKS!!!!!! I HAVE EMAIL ADDRESS' FOR SPECIFIC COMPANY'S, DON'T REMEMBER THE NAME OF THE PERSON FOR THAT COMPANY, IF I TRY TO SEARCH THE COMPANY (WHICH IS IN THERE EMAIL ADDRESS AND ITS FILLED OUT IN THERE CONTACT INFO) YET YOUR SEARCH WONT FIND IT.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Please add a toggle to go back to previous schedule assistant.

I cannot understand why you would change the scheduling assistant to the difficult to use version in the latest update. Attendees across the top with wider view of each calendar was superior. Please add a toggle to go back to previous schedule assistant.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Personal Gantt Chart for tasks

Arrange the personal tasks in a Gantt-like chart. Including estimated durations. This allows to plan task ahead and keep track on the possible delivery time of new tasks

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tasks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Outlook on the web (Office 365)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base