OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook on the web (Office 365)

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Got a suggestion for how to improve Outlook on the web (Office 365)? Share it here. Or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s ideas. Come join the discussion.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Move mail to planner swimlanes

I would like to be able to send an email to Planner app. assigning to a project, project member, and due date at the same time.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. mail- Forward as attachment through web access.

Can we have an option for mail to Forward as Attachment in Web outlook access.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Stop the annoying “Install Office Free” notices.

Stop the annoying notifications to install Microsoft Office. I’ve clicked Cancel a hundred times and it still asks me every time I open my email.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Reply -> Reply All switch

Once you click on "Repy" it would be nice to have the ability to change to "Reply All" or Forward. without Discarding the message and starting over clicking "Reply All" or "Forward"

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Acknowledging out of office reply

Re Out of Office Replies.

When I send an email, if someone I'm emailing has an out of office reply it shows up on the top of the email I am writing, with the option of removing them from the email. Then, after I send the email I get their out of office reply sent to me. It would be great if I could just acknowledge the out of office reply, keep the person on the email, and not get the reply sent to me.

It is unnecessary to send the out of office reply since I already read it…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. More Customizable Folders

I wish I could move the folders around more freely. I wish I could move the folders I always use to the top of the screen and the ones I rarely check (like Clutter or RSS feeds) to the bottom. I also wish I could hide or delete some of the folders that Outlook automatically has prepared for my emails. I think that allowing for a more customizable folder display would make Outlook feel far more personalized than it already is.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Junk should equal Spam

When an email is marked as "Junk" treat it as Spam and never again allow an email from the sender to be placed in the inbox.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. O365 Groups/Planner for Sharepoint Online

Please let me integrate the new O365 groups / planner with existing SharePoint sites.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Inbox Rule Tester/Validator

I would like to see a rules testing option. Right now for example, I have a contact who's messages are always getting processed and moved by a rule in my outlook I cannot locate. I would like for there to be some tool added that I can pick a sample email (ie. one that is giving me problems) and then have Outlook run it through the rules and show me which rules would catch and process the provided sample email picked from my inbox. Also, it would be helpful to be able to use the same tool when building rules…

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Easy user access to permissions and list of shared mailboxes/other users

When you have delegated permissions for shared mailbox or another user it would be handy to have a list of permissions and what sort of permissions available in mail settings? for viewing and indeed in the dialog that pops up when you want to open another mailbox al la gmail

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Save to OneDrive with rename and select folder

I like the feature that I can save to my OneDrive right from an email. But I'm often saving documents which I've scanned to myself from our corporate multifunction units. These land up in my mail box with some big long meaningless generic filename/date stamp. So I need to save to my OneDrive, then go to OneDrive/email Attachments rename and Move to appropriate folder.

What I'd like to have is a "rename/move" feature where I can save a document to my one drive and be immediately prompted to rename if required and then select the destination folder. This would remove…

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Give user option to disable undelete

Allow users to disable undelete, like was the case with the previous version of outlook.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Make easier to screen and delete messages.

Please get Outlook to behave more like Gmail when I'm trying to delete messages. For example, when I click the box beside "Clutter" in the Clutter folder, all items in the entire folder get checked. Then I scroll through to make sure there aren't any in there that I should read rather than delete. After scrolling down 6 or 7 pages worth, I find one message I should read, so I uncheck it. The result is that all of the messages not currently appearing on my screen also get unchecked. So now when I hit delete, only a handful of…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. skip straight to email on login

choose which app you'd like to load directly upon login. some of us ONLY use Office365 for email, or very rarely use calendar/other features. when I log in, I want to go straight to email. and I certainly don't want to have to click on mail at every login and have it open in a new tab... every. single. time.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Messy Inbox / Folder Structure

Let me choose my own folders & be able to rename & delete ALL folders as i dont want the auto generated folders such as notes, conversations, clutter etc as these are all CLUTTER...

I want to make my inbox as clean as possible but you wont allow me to do so

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Avoiding replies to Inbox by default

Hi! Maybe there is a way to do this, but if not I think it would be helpful!

When you start a conversation in a Group, if someone in the group replies to it, by default, the name of the person that started it it's added to the "To" field and then sent through Inbox (not just in the group folder).

If one of the selling points of Groups is to "declutter" the inbox, this should be fixed, and if you specifically want to call the attention of one person, you would simply add his/her email address in the "To"…

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Allow administrator to setup a default mailbox configuration

Define mailbox configuration that will be applied to all new mailboxes. For instance, set the default response to "Reply" or "Reply All".

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Enhanced People Experience - View Contact in Full Page (in addition to the sidebar)

(Nice move with the new People experience! Nice step in the right direction with Office 365. Its amazing how lacking the contact management space is across the board, and I think Office 365/LinkedIn is well positioned to take full advantage of this and revolutionize the small business office like Microsoft did two decades ago.)

• View Contact in full page in addition to the sidebar. This will help see messages, files, and events connected to the contact.

• This new people experience opens up the possibility of linking files held in OneDrive to a contact, so they become visible in the contact…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Creating Repeating Event: Match "to" date month selection to "from" date month selection

365 Calendar Recommendation: Creating a new repeating multiple-day event: Selecting "to" date: default is currently today's date / month, not the month that I had already selected as the "from" date. Please consider to have this calendar date selection match the same month as the initially selected "from" date. In my opinion, current design is not intuitive. If I'm creating a repeating event for three months from now, it would make sense to have the calendar box for the "to" date be in the same month / year as the "from" date that I already selected. Having to navigate through…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Outlook on the web (Office 365)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base