OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook on the web (Office 365)

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Got a suggestion for how to improve Outlook on the web (Office 365)? Share it here. Or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s ideas. Come join the discussion.

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Update the help menu

I am using outlook office 365, web based service. When I can't find something I use the help feature but unfortunately that help feature is linked to the desktop version of outlook which I am not using. Update that please.
    Secondly I would like to be able to delay sending messages a much used feature of the desktop version of outlook, please add that to the web based version.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Ability to configure custom from-addresses from a different domain to my organisation

Email aliases outside my organisation domain: I have a number of email aliases that point to my organisation email address. I am permitted to use these, but I would like to have my "From Address" set to those aliases on an as-required basis using the From field dropdown when composing an email. Ensuring the email address is authorised, should be similar to using a Connected Account.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Appearance improvement

There is not enough contrast available in your display choices. There are older people like me (and even older!) that have a harder time seeing than most of the people in their 20's that make these choices.

46 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Share calendar

When I view my calendar & someone else, it would be nice if it showed joint meetings instead of listing them twice

92 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

39 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Keep Current Location When Returning Additional Search Results

Please fix it so when searching, and you click "more results" (or whatever it says at the bottom of the message list), the results show up immediately there where you are instead of taking you back to the top of the message list requiring you to scroll back down to there you were. It's very hard to find the spot where you were in the message list.

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Improve search functions in Email and Calendar

PLEASE make it possible to search multiple calendars at once. Sometimes people forget to "choose a calendar" when making an appt. That will get missed in a search if I have to then choose the "right" calendar before searching.

Also, please create an easier way to perform advanced searches other than writing query syntax. Having fields from which to choose in dropdown form would make searching for an email much easier for many people.

Thank you.
    Lisa

115 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

46 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Add an Alias field to contacts

Request for an "alias" field on the contact.
    Could you please add an "alias" or "nickname" filed to the name fields on contacts. I would use this as a shortcut for the long unpronounceable names of some of my colleagues.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. How-to guide forOutlook users

Ever since this new migration occurred, I've been looking for my contact listened just now found it! There are many other "how-to" questions I have and I think it would be nice if there was a guide book to explain all the features and how to use them. Do you already have one?

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Quick access archive button

Show archive icon on hover in message/conversation list view, in addition to the currently-available delete, flag, etc icons.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Auto CC/BCC myself in emails to be sent

In my Outlook 2010 client I was able to set a rule so I was automatically added as a BCC to any emails I sent. In this way, ALL emails came in to my inbox allowing me to then file in the appropriate project folder. I did not have to go to my Sent folder to take my own emails and file. I could work exclusively out of my inbox. Every month or so I clear out old items in my sent box on the basis I have already filed anything important.

I cannot find a way to achieve the…

38 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Change password

Here's an idea when you want someone to change their password send them a link to do it. When I right click on my profile picture it does not give me an option for account settings.

75 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

30 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Add outlook.com-like Sweep feature to Office 365 (in a way that is applicable to multiple messages)

Just seen that Office365 webmail DOES have a Sweep feature -- it's just that, unlike the Sweep feature on outlook.com, it can only be applied to a single email item at a time. Therefore: Please implement the Sweep feature on Office365 in the same way as it exists on outlook.com -- such that it can sweep more than one email message at a time. Thanks.

42 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Adding people to your group from contact list

I don't see how to add people to my directory from my contact list so I can add them to my group, since there's no option to add directly from my contacts to my group

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Faster Purge / Restore suggestions

In the Purge/Restore function (Deleted Items / Retrieve messages...):

1. Have a select-all / clear-all. This would save time versus clicking each one
    2. Clicking a box to select it is fine, but if you want to select multiple items, and accidentally click somewhere outside of the box, it deselects the other mail items. Aggravating!

That is all. Thanks!

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Contacts from people on the "To" box when redacting an email.

get contacts from people on the "To" box when redacting and email. I imported my list of contacts to the people section of office 365, but when I start to write a name in the "To" box of an email in outlook I don't get any results from my list of contacts in the people section.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. attaching received emails into new email

I cant find out how to do this, but on previous versions of outlook you could attach one or several received emails into a new email and send them all at once to a recipient.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Contacts Short Key

I would like to see a tab for accessing your "contacts", I always have a hard time getting to that information easily....?

44 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Outlook 365 Outgoing E-mail Category Tags

O365: The ability to add category tags to outgoing e-mails from the e-mail window (which is possible in Outlook Mac 2016). Currently that is impossible in O365.

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Better "Move To Folder" suggestions

In Outlook Web App, "move" to folders is not "smart" - it doesn't remember which folder I put an email from a particular sender in last time. It only gives me a list of the most recently moved-to folders. I would like it to offer me the folder I used last for that sender.

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Outlook PREVIEW

Thanks so much for fixing something that wasn't broken!! I understand that the current generation of managers/developers at MicroSoft skipped that class in school - too bad that life's lessons have to be learned the hard way. Good luck with enticing your loyal users back from GMail.

35 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base