OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook on the web (Office 365)

Improve search functions in Email and Calendar

PLEASE make it possible to search multiple calendars at once. Sometimes people forget to "choose a calendar" when making an appt. That will get missed in a search if I have to then choose the "right" calendar before searching.

Also, please create an easier way to perform advanced searches other than writing query syntax. Having fields from which to choose in dropdown form would make searching for an email much easier for many people.

Thank you.
Lisa

115 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

lisa bartlett shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

46 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Haigh, Sam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Search functionality on OWA works perfectly for me, but my iOS app (although brilliant) only allows a search for mail, people and files - it will not apply to the search into my calendar which isn't handy when I need to search for a specific event.

• Haigh, Sam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've switched my view to the new OWA on both mail and calendar. My old calendar allowed me to search my internal directory for shared calendars, the new one does not allow this same functionality. It only allows me to "discover calendars" such as sporting or holidays - useless to me.

• Paul Evers commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Add a calendar search feature based on date parameters. Currently calendar search seems to only search within the current view, which is limited to a 1 month period

• Courtney Walker commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We have been using outlook 2007 for years and relied heavily on the way the search option worked on the calendar. When you searched for a specific event with key words you could see the view by subject, or by date or etc either alphabetically or by date. Also when we clicked "print" it would print however many pages it needed to include all events. We use this feature so much that we will need to cancel our upgrade if we are not able to have this feature here.

Please help!

• Kimberly Fletcher commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Suggestions for improving the search feature:
    - It should actually find messages that have the phrase that I type in in them.
    - The top hits should be organized by either date or relevance. Right now I have no idea where the top hits come from, but they are never close to what I'm looking for or the string I use.
    - It should look for truncation

• Susan Hutchison commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The "search mail and people" function needs to be expanded where a search can be more specific. Make it where we can search for emails "from" a specific person, "to" a specific person, "subject", etc.

• Laura Brunetti commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi I was thinking that it would be great if there was a feature where we could search the calendar for previous or future bookings.
    For example, a job was booked in February 2017 and we booked it under the customer's name and added the address. Now I would like to have a look at that booking for information I may need, but I don't want to go searching through all days and months to find that particular booking. I would like to put the customers name or suburb and it will show me all bookings made under that name and/or suburb.
    Could Microsoft add this feature please, it will make our life in the office a little more smoother.
    Your welcome. Laura.

• Bob commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A "search" function in the Bookings Calendar, the same as we have in the Outlook Calendar.

• Charles Huda commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

searching for emails is a little daunting. Keywords are not very relevant, and if an email is found, there is no indication of what folder that email is currently residing in...

• Jelnar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please improve the search function. it is really hard to find old emails when you can search only according to contact (searching by subject of email is more practical).
    Thank you

• Tyler Simonds commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Upgrade search. For example, when I type in a person ('s email address) to try to find correspondence with them, I only get results where they sent the FIRST email. This is a huge problem.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

After using Search functionality in an email, take the step out to exit search and exit automatically if the user clicks on the Inbox or a folder or other part of the application - needs to be more intuitive

I search for a name of someone that has sent me a dozen emails.

Nothing gets returned.

I suggest you incorporate a search function that works. Really.

• Deborah Libby commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

please improve your search feature...it's horrible.....that we have to type in.... from: or.... to: or category: ...or.... subject: before we enter a name or subject matter is preposterous.....and antiquated .... every other platform has these preloaded. There are so many added steps to this platform.....not a good experience on just about every level.
    Also, so many times I select an email to view and it come up with a blank page and says "choose the email you want to view".... it is very irritating.... I miss google enormously and that I am saying that, is pretty remarkable considering the old outlook use to be great...

• Colleen Vargas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The search box for the calendar is not helpful, and does not bring up all the events with the key word. Please fix this so I can search my events more easily/ accurately. This would make my life better.

we are unable to search emails by name. In order to search a particular email by sender/receiver's name, we have to drag through all emails. Is it possible to arrange an easier way for this??

• Scott Winberg commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The search on the web only brings up a tiny portion of the emails with no ability to scroll further. Please fix this.

• Carley Newman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The search function for mail and people should be more effective. Often times I will search a name that I know is in my inbox, but it will not show up when I search it because the name was only cc'ed.

• Robyn Pearce commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

SEARCH FUNCTION NEEDS TO BE ABLE TO SEARCH THE WHOLE CALENDAR NOT JUST THE PAGE SHOWN, THIS WOULD MAKE IT MUCH EASIER TO TRACK JOBS.
    ALSO A FUNCTION TO COPY ENTIRE JOB TO ANOTHER DAY WITHOUT IT RELOCATING THE ORIGINAL JOB WOULD BE AWESOME FOR ONGOING JOBS
    THANKS HEAPS
    ROD PEARCE

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base