OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook on the web (Office 365)

Add option to not open calendar in a new browser tab

The new UI forces you to open a new tab when you click on the calendar. I want the option to switch to the calendar in the same tab.

16 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

John shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Marc J Glorioso (CENSUS/HRD FED) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is possible - just click on the APPS box in the upper left corner of outlook and look for CALENDAR - then look for the 3 dots next it and choose OPEN IN NEW TAB - then both outlook and calendar can both be open at the same time.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

*** TAB GATE ***

I've changed back to the previous version of outlook because of this *weird* tab behavior. I end up with easily 20 tabls of calander after just a couple of hours of work.
    From a user experience design this is truly a flaw.

Please revert it back to stay in one tab (as it was, it was just fine).
    If I needed calendar in a new tab I just press right click or CTRL+click and there you have your tab.

Please let the user decide to use a new tab, not the app.

• Alex commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I keep my outlook mailbox in a pinned tab, and it's really annoying when, after clicking around through outlook for a while, I have 6 or 7 calendar/mail/tasks tabs interspersed between my other random work tabs. At the very least, it would be nice to have a config option to turn off the open in new tab functionality.

• A.C. Ivory commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Has this been incorporated? I noticed last week that when I toggle between Mail, Calendar, or Contacts that it doesn't open a new tab each time (which I love!).

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Toggle switch is ideal as poster suggested. There are dozens of forum pages with dozens of users in support of opening calendar and email in the same browser tab. Our company will not promote the new Outlook until this issue has been addressed.

Feedback and Knowledge Base