OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook on the web (Office 365)

Display the Same Features of Office Outlook the Same Everywhere

Offer online users of office outlook the same exact interface as outlook 365 and vise versa. I am not able to complete the same tasks using the office 365 when working from home as I can at work. This is presents a ton of challenges using the web version of office outlook.

48 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Robinson, Francisca shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your feedback about Outlook on the web! We’re trying to give our web users the best experience possible to complete their tasks. Sometimes we need to make concessions in order to make our app run quickly and effectively on the web, but we’re always trying to add features that you love. Could you tell us a little more about which features you miss most while using Outlook on the web?

10 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Mauritz Zachrisson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The ability to flag an e-mail for follow-up Tomorrow, Next week, etc is desperately needed. It's a small thing but it makes a ton of difference. Definitely the one feature I miss the most from Outlook for Windows – otherwise OWA has come a long way.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like that in OWA one can select an email and by going to the Subject column, Received, etc. it can be ordered and they are all grouped, in Microsoft Outlook 2016 and earlier that feature is very useful

• Kelly commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Having the ability to filter emails by "From" "Subject" "Received" and "Categories" etc

• Kelly commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree with Andrew - the ability to drag and drop emails (aka export individual emails)

• Ryan Walker commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My users are requesting a calendar/tasks list on the right side of the web version of Outlook, like the "To-Do Pane" in the Outlook client.

• Andrew commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

the ability to drag and drop emails (aka export individual emails)

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thank you! For me, it would be great to mark mails with a flag for a specific date or time, like it was in old versions of OWA. So that it does appear in my to-do-list for that day. Or to add the possibility to plan the mail, like you can do in the apps with a swipe.

• Anthony Thyssen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For one thing... I can not get rid of the "Important" Flag from the Online version... I have hundreds of mails from the migration from GMail ot Outlook, and they all have the important flag, and I can't get rid of any of those flags!

• Mark Buse commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Users expect the same feature set to locate information in web-based Outlook as desktop outlook. That means full search capability and full contacts and calendar/appointments information. We do not want to use Windows-based email clients due to the phishing email vulnerabilities found on the Windows 7/8/10 platform. We want email users only on the web client, preferably running on virtual desktop instances or Chromebooks while in the field.

• Paul Stejskal commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think Francisca was referring to OWA (outlook.office365.com) vs desktop installed version? There are a couple things that do irk me which I'd be curious to see if they would be possibly fixable?

Feedback and Knowledge Base